Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vibrating in neutral @ full warm idle, 5 speed 1991 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating in neutral @ full warm idle, 5 speed 1991 accord

Hi I just recently bought a 91 accord ex 5 speed, 180k miles..

So at full warm up it tends to start vibrating quite a bit felt in the steering wheel and seen on the top of the hood. When put into gear it smooths out nicely. Definitely burns oil at some rate. I changed the oil and replaced a hose that was leaking coolant, that’s all so far. It idles steadily at 700 RPMs at full warm idle when it shakes. I really suck at going from reverse to 1st in it.. I really hope to keep the clutch in good shape (yikes). Noticed when first applying the brakes the steering wheel gets a little shaky. Spark plugs and serpentine belt are what I’m doing next. According to its records all belts are original unless some got lost. Hope to hear from anyone willing to help out..

Side notes. AC system is inoperable, whenever I roll down windows or apply the sunroof, you can feel the vibration of the car (in neutral) change.

Engine mounts. More important the rear engine mount. It's most likely toast.

Comment

Likely the front torque mount is toast as well. If the rubber is significantly cracked, it needs to be replaced or repaired. I have filled several with liquid Flex Seal.

When you replace the timing belts, take your time and make sure the balance shafts are timed correctly.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Is this in neutral and not moving? Also if you just bought it make sure to check the tires for cracks and that they are balanced I’ve ran into this before

Comment

Originally posted by FragginDale View Post
          Is this in neutral and not moving? Also if you just bought it make sure to check the tires for cracks and that they are balanced I’ve ran into this before
          Front tires actually keep going down from 32 psi to 29, I have to get new tires for sure. In the mean time the idle has been starting to drop and feelin like it might bog out and die one of these days at a stop light... sometimes it is idling ow out 500 RPM, although the rpm gauge can be a little confusing as it looks like it has two beginning points haha. Thanks for your help everyone!! I want to keep this car on the road forever. I love the build quality and everything about this car.

Comment

The bottom white mark on the tachometer is 0 rpm. The next one up is 500, then the four smaller ones are 600, 700, 800, 900 up to the next large one at 1000.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You guys are awesome. With that said it’s usual idle spot is 800ish. Sometimes less. I love that car man. I can’t believe it’s a 91.

Comment

Working...
              X