JB weld? I'd just get a tube of body sealant
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      JB weld? I'd just get a tube of body sealant
      I wasnt sure what to use honestly. Just figured somthing that adhears to metal and is hard and tough. Thanks for the info. Ill look into body sealant
      My System
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

The seam sealer will work better anyway since it has more of a rubbery consistency and will expand and contract with the flexing of the car without cracking.

Comment

Interesting.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This is what real work looks like

Honestly, since that driveshaft tunnel is a major structural component of the unibody (you don't want the car to twist up like a twizzler, do you?) you'd be smart to weld it as solidly as possible. Even if you have to cut little patches to fill in the gaps, weld it solid.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              This is what real work looks like

Honestly, since that driveshaft tunnel is a major structural component of the unibody (you don't want the car to twist up like a twizzler, do you?) you'd be smart to weld it as solidly as possible. Even if you have to cut little patches to fill in the gaps, weld it solid.
              Noted. Gusse ill put the time in to make it as solid as possible. Im sure therr will be some underbody bracing going on too.

Its amazing how much there is to learn from a projext like this. Evry cut I wish I woulda done diff or better so I gusse im learning. But its starting to take shape... trial and error ftw...
              My System

Comment

Any updates?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A project in motion stays in motion. A project at rest stays at rest.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    A project in motion stays in motion. A project at rest stays at rest.
                    It's hard me to swallow that. He came this far...

No way he quitted.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Quitted?

Comment

You'd be surprised. Guy on my local club will get a project car 80% done, then cut it up, keep the good stuff and scrap the rest..
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Some people enjoy doing the project more than actually completing it.

Comment

Hey all. This project is alive and well. Just doing little stuff here and there. Had a few setbacks like my buddy scrappin my panhard bar and pinion stubber. So in the process of fabbing sontjing up there.

In between ive been welding the driveshaft tunnel completely in.

Getting the rear end in and centered was a challenge. Well is. But almost done. Trailing arms are completed.

After that rear suspension gets mocked up. Fuel cell. Body sealer caulk and it starts going back together. The car then gets carted to my buddys shop for some big boy welding on the frnt shock tower to chassy area. My 100amp mig flux will omly get u so far....
                            My System

Comment

Update

I live in Columbus as well as tgdrums1990. I don't know him personally , however I went to the local pick n pull junkyard, and there lay his shell. Trans tunnel in and all of his work. Motor and trans gone, interior stacked up inside. He must have given up. I will upload pictures tonight.

Comment

Yeah, things ended up getting complicated in his life, and the car was an unfortunate casualty.

Comment

Working...
                                X