Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front fender is misaligned. How can i adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front fender is misaligned. How can i adjust?

I got a 92 coupe and i need to move my front drivers side fender a bit. It is scraping my door every time i open and close. It is a little misaligned. I see two bolts inside the inner door. What else would there be to moving this a little. I dont need perfection as i will be replacing that fender next year sometime.

There is also a bolt hidden by the rocker cover, several along the top (covered by the hood when closed) and one hidden by the front bumper.

Is the fender pushed in slightly, or pushed back? If pushed in, you might try putting a rag or piece of rubber between the door (when open) and the fender, then move the door closed gently to push the edge of the fender out. If pushed back, you'll have to loosen the mounting screws to allow it to slide forward slightly. Is there evidence it was hit?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      There is also a bolt hidden by the rocker cover, several along the top (covered by the hood when closed) and one hidden by the front bumper.

Is the fender pushed in slightly, or pushed back? If pushed in, you might try putting a rag or piece of rubber between the door (when open) and the fender, then move the door closed gently to push the edge of the fender out. If pushed back, you'll have to loosen the mounting screws to allow it to slide forward slightly. Is there evidence it was hit?
      It is pushed slightly towards drivers door and very slightly towards ground. It scrapes when opening and closing. Ill take a look at wedging some rubber pieces in there. I don't much care about the fender as i plan on having it replaced and painted. I just need to move it about a half centimeter.

Comment

Working...
      X