steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quakerjoe View Post
    I think your ecu is super confused. It also might have something to do with the IM setup your running. Which way are you running it? Stock or No butterflies? Or you have a vaccum leak somewhere man. Spray carb cleaner on the manifold while the motor is running and if it surges you have a leak. Best way I know to test it.
    i've traced all the vacuum leaks i could find, this sound is different than that. it sounds kindof like a grinding sound, like there is something interfering with a rotating part. idk.

i'm running no butterflies with the bar still in place. i didnt really feel like doing any more wrenching once i got everything installed, i'd spent 2 weeks on it already! i'm going to be trying the other plate possibilities sometime, but not really anytime soon. i've got no drive for that right now!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

last update for a while (mom took her camera back!)
      anyway, these are pics from last week. i cleaned as much as i could and used more than 10 cans of carb/choke cleaner, 3 cans of brake cleaner, and 3 cans of engine degreaser. looks great now, IMHO.
      firewall cleaned up (meant to use back-to-black on the hoses, but forgot to):

he transmission looks much better than it did, but will look much better if i have a chance to pull it.

just a few of the cans i used. yay for aerosol propelled caustic solvents!

and here's a (nearly) finished pic. i was still troubleshooting, so it wasnt buttoned down and cleaned up yet, but you get the idea:

now a decent shot of the newly painted bolts/washers. they have all ben replaced except for the driver side fender. i just havent gotten that far yet.

i fabricated a bracket for my jager bottle. it is finished, wire-wheled, and installed, but here's an in-progress. i need to get a new bottle now, also

i picked these up along with some 0-guage ring connectors to clean up the battery relocation.

enjoy!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

man, i'm getting hardly any love on my hard work!

anyway, this is for you adam, its the custom-welded intake that i got from that guy. i'll be up next weekend for tim, dan, and chris's halloween party (yay, get drunk, fall down time!), so if you want me to bring it up i will. i'm using the filter though.

also, the guy thought these were dsm injectors, but he wasnt sure. can anyone help me figure it out? inside the top is blue and this is what they look like:

i believe the # is 3105, but i'm not very sure.
        Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-25-2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

The engine bay looks sweet dude, the red accents set everything off well.

And yeah, bring up that intake tube...I wanna test fit it and see if I can use it.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow, its been a full month since i posted in here!

i do have some updates, but i dont have any pictures to prove it . damn i need to buy a camera.

i 2-toned my valve cover, finished the jager bottle bracket, and a few other things. i need to buy some more gasket sealer (i cant find my old stuff ) so i can polish a few more things now that i learned how to use a polishing wheel on my bench grinder, and i currently have the 2nd layer of fiberglass curing on my new eyelids that are part of a much bigger project. (selling the old ones, PM me if interested)

Comment

god im so sick of this shit. i just found out the h23 intake manifold i jsut put on about a month ago is already cracked. thats fucking it, i'm garaging this bitch and finding a daily. its pretty damn sad when i'm looking at a car to drive daily because my honda is too damn unreliable.

at least when its garaged over the winter, i'll be able to do some work in it like a full tuck, shave, etc.

Comment

Uh oh...that sucks.

I hear ya though. Its hard to project a DD. Im in the same boat. Its the only car i have but its also a bit of an ongoing project, lol.

Well, GL with whatever happens while its garaged. Any ideas for a DD?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                  Uh oh...that sucks.

I hear ya though. Its hard to project a DD. Im in the same boat. Its the only car i have but its also a bit of an ongoing project, lol.

Well, GL with whatever happens while its garaged. Any ideas for a DD?
                  theres a squarebody s-10 4cyl 5spd local to me for $500 that i am saving for. its either that or an old civic beater.

Comment

since my car is down and out, i figured i might as well work on it in cyber-space if i cant in real life. here is a photoshop i did of my car with a lower stance, carbon hood (half-painted), and shaved bumpers, door moldings, handles and rain gutters. i also fuzzed out the background a bit to make the car pop that much more. i didnt do that great of a job on the front bumper, but it still looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                      since my car is down and out, i figured i might as well work on it in cyber-space if i cant in real life. here is a photoshop i did of my car with a lower stance, carbon hood (half-painted), and shaved bumpers, door moldings, handles and rain gutters. i also fuzzed out the background a bit to make the car pop that much more. i didnt do that great of a job on the front bumper, but it still looks pretty good.

dag man. car looks good like that. i say you should get it like that

oh. i had a failed attempt at painting the entire MR-8s lol. looks like ill have to keep the polished lip unless i can get some winter steelies and take the tires off of these.

Comment

Nice CB7.
                        Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                          dag man. car looks good like that. i say you should get it like that.
                          thats the plan

oh. i had a failed attempt at painting the entire MR-8s lol. looks like ill have to keep the polished lip unless i can get some winter steelies and take the tires off of these.
                          IMO, you should keep the polished lip man, but i like polished aluminum.

Originally posted by JDMxDB8
                          Nice CB7.
                          thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post

IMO, you should keep the polished lip man, but i like polished aluminum.
                            we'll see. i have an entire day tomorrow to paint or sand down and polish the lips on the rims.

whats going on with your car man?

Comment

whats going on with your car man?
                              its sitting in my friends yard, adam's (mndude07's) dad sent me h23 runners today, so i'll be putting it on this week and while the manifold is off i'm going to be changing out the front and rear motor mounts and fixing the wiring going to my tps. hopefully i'll have it up and going (with no CEL!) by the end of this week.

Comment

Hey man, when you get those runners, could you do me a favor and see if both the a6 and h23 bracket underneath fit? Hopefully either one fits, but maybe not...I need to know for mine so I know if I can use the one laying around or if I need to hit the junkyard for one.

Good luck getting everything put back on.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X