This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post

Thanks to myself(greencb7inkc), C91BLX7 and cp[mike] for all pics and info.
    i love how you thanked yourself hahahah
    thats almost as awesome as i am

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

Yep.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Hey Mike--cp[mike]--any chance on a title change? Like adding "EXT:" ...?

Anywho, I guess we overlooked the reverse lights, lol. Those, I believe, are 1156 as well. Not sure if theyd be bright enough to shine through your tint. Will add though. Thanks!

As for the bumper lights coming on with the headlights, kinda like Intagras, that requires a STDP or SPDT(???) switch or relay. Someone did a write up on it a LONG time ago. If cp[mike] rolls through here and sees it, he might be able to point you in the right direction or at least shine some light on it.

Slick, bulbs are different, but you can even do this for your CG...

I think you might even be lucky enough, that they make Full-LED tail lights for them 6Gs.
        im not looking for a kit for my CG i know they make those.

i am asking you changed every other bulb why not the reverse lights to see how bright that is? i am thinking about doing this to my cb but i would do the reverse lights also. just something to think about
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Yeah, we're working on it.

I have a HyperWhite(Blue) 1156 filament bulb in my reverse and they work and are birght and everything. So i figured you could just throw an 1156 LED in there and be done with it, but Drew seems to think it might not work, so...

When we do get it figured out, we'll definitely post up.

I'll have to see if i cant dig it up, but i recall there being some talk about whether or not LEDs would get too hot in the reverse spot, seeing as how its such a small, confined space, but they emit very little heat as it is, plus theyre never on for more than just a few seconds.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

LED do not get hot at all. =/
            wat?

Comment

Ed Zachary!

Which is why that argument is void. But while arguing that point, there was talk and questions about LEDs in general.

Comment

the problem with LEDs is that while they produce a comparable amount of light to an incandescent, its focused forward, and doesnt project as far. so as long as you have LED "bulbs" that have multiple LEDs facing every which way, youll be fine with them for brake lights and blinkers, because all they have to do is light up the lense/housing. but for reverse lights, you want light projected as far out behind the car as possible. normal LEDs wouldnt even be hardly visible, so the only option would be some very high intensity LEDs that actually produce a ton of heat, and would require at the very least passive heatsinks, and could easily get way too hot contained in the tiny reverse light spot, and burn itself out.

for the reverse lights, regular bulbs are still the best option.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

so for the rears with the 1157 bulbs, meaning the lights/brake lights bulbs, do you need equalizers? or is it just for teh bigger bulbs that blink equalizers are needed?

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                    so for the rears with the 1157 bulbs, meaning the lights/brake lights bulbs, do you need equalizers? or is it just for teh bigger bulbs that blink equalizers are needed?
                    the load equalizers are only needed for blinkers, because the flasher relay times itself based on how much current the blinkers draw - and with an LED in place of a regular bulb, its such a low current draw that it trips the relay to blink fast.

the only issue youd have with the brake lights is the "tail lamp" failure indicator in the gauge cluster - which the first post explains how to bypass.

Current cars:

Comment

as for the front bumper lights being blinkers/always on, that is not functionality that can be gained by installing LEDs, since LEDs act as just a straight replacement for the original bulbs.

some wiring changes would need to be made for this, and there are other threads explaining how to do this. you can do it with a relay setup, or get a new socket that accepts a 1157 dual-filament bulb instead of a 1156 single-filament bulb. but this is a little beyond the scope of this thread, if you need help see if you can find the other threads (theres a number of them)

Current cars:

Comment

Sweet. Answered those questions, lol. Thanks Mike.

Comment

I ultimately plan on making every light LED. cp[mike] style!

I think my next ones will be the bumper lights and license plate bulbs.
                          haha, even headlights? or are you gonna do a TSX retro like I did?

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I don't know why this is happening but sometimes, most of the time actually, the brake lamp light still comes on... I can get it to shut off buy turning the car off on off on really quick. Then it stays off till the next time

I have my high mount bulbless if that matters?
                            wat?

Comment

Bulbs replaced:
                              -All 4 rear tail/brake light bulbs - RED 4 1157 LED BULBS
                              -Both rear turn signal bulbs - AMBER 2 1156 LED BULBS
                              -All 4 front corner bulbs - AMBER
                              -Both rear license plate bulbs - WHITE
                              -Both front bumper signal bulbs - AMBER / WHITE

Im Confused about the others

Comment

Drew, try putting the highmount bulb back in. If it goes away, then there's your answer. If it doesnt, then sounds like you got some rewiring to do son!

Kai, they actually make LED headlights, believe it or not, lol. They didnt look like something id use on the street, or at night, but definitely cool nonetheless.

I just find it hard to believe that an LED could put out the light needed to drive down the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X