speaker sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker sizes

i went on crutchfield.com to find out my speaker sizes and this is what i got

-front 6 1/2
    -back 3 1/2
    -rear wheel well 6x9

first of all i want to know if this is correct

second of all...would 4in speakers fit in the back because the speakers in the back dont look 3 1/2 and id rather buy 4in if they fit

thirdly...why the hell is there a 6x9 speaker in the trunk...mostly why is there only ONE...they sell speakers in pairs Honda!!!...sigh

by the way its a wagon so i dont know if they have a 6x9 speaker in cb7's

damn i think u completley got the wrong year. usually in crutch they have 6.5 all the way around. thats true only on some cars, my EX has 4'' in the front and 6x9 in the rear. i converted my fronts to 6.5 though.

4inch would fit in the rear but that requires you to make a custom fit so that the speaker wont move around....

id say look back there to see what size ur speaker is...and in your fronts.

refer to this link

PPI's link
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

he is talking about a wagon...and i have never worked on one but that configuration sounds about right..i would check the other wheel well there may by a place for the other 6x9 but if not match them up with a little work.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

o i didnt know he was talking about a wagon...hehe my fault =)
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

that is correct for a wagon,i have owned three!! the front doors can take a 6 1/2 but they have to be very shallow(2 1/8 inches i believe) most people go with a 5 1/4 there,it will work fine! the 4 in speakers are in the rear on the headliner,and the 6x9 is in the back on the left side(under a mesh grille) i guess they put it there for a little more low end(there is only one, the right side has a storage area in that location)
          "Speed costs money,how fast can you afford to go?"

Comment

I am a car audio installer and i have put a crazy system in my accord, i have a 1992 honda accord lx and it has 6.5 all around, the fronts are shallow though so you should keep that in mind, there about 1,1/4 in depth so when shopping for speakers be carefull!! you dont want to get speakers that are too deep. As for teh rear deck they are also 6.5 and you have more room for depth but be careful there is a bar that runs across the trunk and that will interfere so check measurments over and over again. Good luck and enjoy!!!
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
            X