reformatting hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reformatting hard drive

i've decided to reformat my hard-drive because of some bullshit problems i've encountered...i was just wondering, since i have two hard drives, do i need to reformat both of them or could i just reformat my main C: drive that has my Windows system files on it...my second drive has been in my computer for only a month and has only been used to store digital video

well to be saferi would reformat both drives. Would make things easier if there was any problem. Also yeah just to both to save the hassle

Comment

it depends on what kind of problems you have, but if you need those video files, burn them to cds and burn any other files that you need before you reformat and then format both

Comment

just format yer c drive. save yerself some time. everything gets installed on the c drive anyways, unless u tell it otherwise. so if u were having software or OS issues, u dont need to format the slave drive.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

man thats a lot of blank cd's for the video, not to mention all the files i have to save from my master drive...if i choose to just reformat my master drive im still gonna have to reinstall the drivers for my slave drive right

Comment

Yeah, just do the main drive, and be sure to do a good virus scan and stuff on the slave. You should be fine. Your problem is probably on the main drive anyway. I say try it, and if things still suck, THEN try the slave.

Comment

Originally posted by 619_Cb9
              man thats a lot of blank cd's for the video, not to mention all the files i have to save from my master drive...if i choose to just reformat my master drive im still gonna have to reinstall the drivers for my slave drive right
              how full is yer slave drive, why out transfer yer files from the master to the slave drive then u can format and not have to save anything on cds.
              also, if you have a lot of video files, u should invest in a dvd burner, about $80 for a 8x dual format @ newegg.com or frys, and back da shiet up.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Working...
              X