Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aventador crash must see

I know you would be pissed having this happen to your

http://hw-mobile.worldstarhiphop.com...=512000&rs=850.

I just saw someone post that on Facebook. Craziness! I couldn't tell who was at fault. Did the person turning fail to stop/yield? Or was the Lambo speeding? Or both... probably both.

I'm amazed at two things. 1, that the Lambo was still running after that (you'd think it would shut off... maybe I'm just used to stalling out whenever I'm in an accident because I pull off the clutch... and that car doesn't have a clutch.) 2, that the driver didn't go beat the living piss out of the person in the other car. Sure, he can get his supercar fixed, but it'll never be the same... and imagine the hit on resale value for something like that!

"Your used Aventador would be worth $600,000... but it's been in an accident, so I'll give you $50 and a Fiat Punto for it!"

Comment

http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-lamborgh...-ca-1556004946

I think this is what you posted.

you posted a mobile link. which only plays audio.

either way it's kinda meh, everyones blaming the mazda driver.
      lambo could have stopped in time if he was paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
        either way it's kinda meh, everyones blaming the mazda driver.
        lambo could have stopped in time if he was paying attention.
        To determine fault, when a car is hit like the mazda was, the insurance company will look at where the car was hit. If a car his hit on the side, but the front half of the car; the faulty is mostly theirs. However, if the lambo had hit the back half, then it would have been mostly his fault. That is how all companies look at accidents like this. Factor in speed, location, then they apply fault that way as well.

From the video, the mazda is mostly at fault. If you watch carefully, you notice that when the mazda pulls out, he's going over to the second lane, not the first one which is open. He tries to swerve before he is hit to go into the lane that he should've gone in. In addition, he was pulling onto a "main" street from a side street and should not have pulled out in front of oncoming traffic.

Either way, Lambo owners always get a bad rap. Whether he was speeding or not, a lot of people will simply assume that he was driving like a jerk just because of what he drives. (There is no evidence that he was speeding at the time of the accident, other than that he had earlier in the day)

Comment

The lambo looked to be going quite fast, though. Depending on the speed, and the visibility afforded by the road (which we can't see in the video), the Mazda driver may not have been able to see him coming until it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The lambo looked to be going quite fast, though. Depending on the speed, and the visibility afforded by the road (which we can't see in the video), the Mazda driver may not have been able to see him coming until it was too late.
            Very true. We don't have all the information to determine exactly what was going on.

However, my main issue with the Mazda is that he went to the far lane, instead of going to the lane that was closer to him. Not sure of the laws there, but in Cali and other states, its a moving violation if you don't begin and end the righthand turn in the lane closest to the righthand curb.

Comment

He did turn into the proper lane. He was crossing the oncoming lane. This was in the UK. The black taxi sitting near where the Lambo came to rest is in the oncoming lane.
              The lane markings in that video are a bit confusing, though. It looks like its one lane each direction, with parking on each shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                He did turn into the proper lane. He was crossing the oncoming lane. This was in the UK. The black taxi sitting near where the Lambo came to rest is in the oncoming lane.
                The lane markings in that video are a bit confusing, though. It looks like its one lane each direction, with parking on each shoulder.
                Thanks for pointing that out.

Went back to look at the lane markings. Now I am just super confused and I give up. Especially after I noticed that it looks like people parked facing opposite directions on the same side of the street.

Either way, it sucks to be in a car accident like that.

Comment

Definitely. I blame the confusing streets!

Honestly, though, both drivers were probably at fault one way or another. The Lambo is probably insured out the wazoo regardless, so the insurance companies are going to have to battle it out... if fault is even considered over there.

Comment

one word

ouch !
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

if i was in traffic like the lambo was and someone made a turn in front of me and i couldnt avoid them then it is the person who turned into traffics fault.

now if you were to ask whos fault the severity of the crash was. then i would say the lambo. because i somehow doubt the speed limit was anything close to how fast he was going.

convo goes like this. (all in british accent)
                      Lambo:"BLIMMEY why did you just turn out in traffic like that?"
                      Mazda:"ME?! why were you going so fast you tosser"
                      Lambo:"well there WAAASSS no one in front of me sunshine!!!"

also. since they are in london. are their cars both LHD and RHD? so if the mazda is RHD it might have made seeing in that direction a little more difficult. and since the lambo is like 8 feet wide on those small streets its not like you have room for error like other cars.

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                      X