Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How did you get into the CB7 Accord scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when I turned 16 my father gave me a choice I could drive either his 2001 PT Cruiser, or I could drive the "new" $1000 1992 honda accord. I liked the cruiser cause it was newer but something about the Accord caught my intrest especially when I was told that if I drove the Cruiser I would not be able to modify it in any way, but I could with the Accord. So needless to say I chose the accord. I then spent the next summer paying dad for it and it was mine all mine. I didn't really get into tuning it much in high school (which I wish I would have) and I even thought about trading it in for a truck. But one day I had a problem with the car (which was rare) and I couldnt figure it out, so I took to google and I found this site. At which point I saw how much potential my car had, now after owning and modifying the car for 6 years the only way I'll get rid of it is if it's unrepairable (but then I'll buy a shell and start all over lol).

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

I bought my cb back in feb 2007 , My van's headgasket blew and i was using my sisters car for work ( a Daewoo Leganza ..awfull car ) I was waiting for my tax return to come. I found my cb just up the street from me at a gas station that had a mechanic shop. He had a 98 Lexus ES300 that I really wanted. But that engine was shit, smoking crazily and it was $2200. The Accord, he suggested I might like. I looked at it without even really noticing it. It was in a dark area unlit under a tree without me really being able to look at the body.I wasn't too interested, but I really needed a car. He let me test drive it and I loved it. The pick up was great, he said the car was in great shape, it only had 145k on it for $1200. So I bought it before I had to work. I really wanted to take it to work so that i can really look at it. That day I was so excited to drive it I took the plates off my GF car ( 2007 Cobalt ) and drove it to work, I had no time to get plates that day. I took it to work and found all kinds of crap , i did 4 oil flushes, trans flush and a coolant flush to get the fluids clean again. It did help the tranny to shift beter though. I came across the site because I was having trans issues only in the winter, It was stuck in 1st but i could shift to 2nd and my d4 light was on. I was able to get a little help once i found the site. Not until 2 years later I finally opened up my tcu to find it was fried, thanks to all that helped. This site has also inspired me to mod things on my car that I would have never had the courage to do. But you think if they can do it so can I.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Comment

My boyfriend absolutely loves these Accords (given the choice between his Accord and I, guess who's hitting the dusty trail). I've actually been almost exclusively a Prius driver for the duration of my driving life, so this stuff is all pretty new to me. Anyway, the extent of my (very little) car knowledge has been gained with him underneath a number of these Accords, so they're special to me.

Comment

Needed a cheap daily hate this car and the body style glad the cars engine blew up but can't complain for a car that cost me 600 bucks worst car honda ever fuckin made heavy slow and ugly.....
          ・オレンジ(デミオのオレンジがなかなかいい味を…)
            ・ブルー(インプレッサみたいな感じのメタリック系が何
            ・その他随時考え中…

......今日までの道の愚かな米に屈辱を与えるためにHonda Accord は作られた。愚かな競争を従事させている間抹消されるところ倍数の敵ターゲット。CB7 Honda Accord 。道の王。自動車恐怖。........

Comment

My uncle had a 88 accord. I always fell for civics and once I rode in it I loved it. Didn't have much money for a car and I came across a 91cb with 388k for $500 drove it for 3 years and only put a axle on it. That car made me fall in love. Now I have a 90 coupe that I traded my wagovan for. The boy didn't like it because of how long it was. And that's another reason I love them. I like long cars that are slammed.
            1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

How I got into the Cb7 scene

After graduation I needed a daily driver and to get too work. I really wanted a 92-95 civic coupe, but I ended up buying the Cb7, because of time and how close it was. It looked fine in the pictures, but they didn't show the broken side mirror and dented rear panel. After fixing the side mirror and other minor stuff I started to buy other stuff too make it look and perform better, I gotten hooked and I still own it up to this day.

Comment

My girlfriend needed a car, and I naturally looked for Hondas, Subarus, and Toyotas. Found a nice ass cb7, test drove it, really liked it. She bought it. Shortly after, I bought one that was really beat up. Hated it, sold it right away. Found a nice old man cb7 with 51k on it, toasted the engine when the balance shaft seal came out. Now I am here.

Comment

I was raised on Chevy trucks, and had owned a few S-10's and a Suburban that had gotten me out of a few deep mud holes and into a few ladies panties. The transmission in my GMC Sonoma (basically an S-10) started to fail on me and my friend loaned me her 93 Accord Coupe EX AT, which I subsequently fell in love with and bought for a steal at $800. I was recently sandwiched in a low speed accident that totaled the car, prompting me to seek out and purchase a 93 CB9 5 speed wagon. Once again I was able to make an $800 purchase and that's my DD to this day.

Comment

I did landscaping for a couple that had the 93 EX Sedan parked under the trees thought nothing of it, made a half hearted inquiry they said saving for grandson turns out grandson didn't want car. After some time I really needed another vehicle I inquired again and after some lengthy chatting I got the car for tax title and license. didn't even have to purchase it they were happy to not have to pay insurance on it any longer. I fixed a few minor things door handle, ETCU, new alt, and made some improvements. I have never enjoyed a car so much and to know the car has so much love and support behind it in this community makes me want to keep it till the end of mine or its days.

Comment

I found my first CB7 after the auto transmission on my 94 Old's Cutlass Ciera was starting to slip. I needed a car in the matter of 3 days that I happened to be back in town where my parents live. They were going to take the Cutlass and buy me another car for it. I lived 2 states away and had no where to work on any car, let alone one that needed a transmission replaced. So after 2 fruitless days of looking we came across a Mulberry 1990 EX sedan. It needed some love and the body wasn't in the best of conditions. It held out for me till I moved to where I currently live, and have the room to work on vehicles. After rebuilding the engine and all other maintenance a semi-trailer cut me off on the interstate within about 20' and I hit the guardrail and bent the frame of the car. Bought another Laurel Blue 90 LX sedan that had caught on fire on the highway. Stripped the totaled CB7 and transfered everything to the new shell. Being that I bought a cheap shell at that time, it has bad rust in the rear quarter panels, dog legs, and around the rear tail lights from a previous accident before I acquired it. A few months ago I picked up a 93 SE Coupe. This Coupe lived in New Mexico most of it's life and has no rust what so ever. Once my garage is painted this is my new project.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I bought mine off my uncle in May 2014. I saw my uncle love his CB7s since my childhood days. He owned about 7 of them throughout. Also it was the very first car I learned to drive Standard in back in the days. My father also had a CB7 Coupe in the 90s. So when my uncle was letting go of his 92 Accord EXR in stock w/ 150000Kms, i told him I'll grab it. His son just picked up a 2014 Accord and they had no space for all the cars at home. So basically I've been around CB7s all my life but I just got into the scene last year lol

Comment

my mom had one. lol

I remember back when i was little my momhad a ex stick shift lowerd not a lot but it was lowerd and manual nicle car she loved she got so many things stolen from that car but she kept going harder untill she had to sell. I was about 6 or 7 years young when i started loving cars and my parents took me to my first meet, still remember that day when the cops surrounded every one and we had to pretend we were going to the store. So sad that i found this awesome site this late. I think im telling my childhood story instead of going on topic on my love to this cars. Sorry for the off topic bs.

Comment

My dad owned several Accord his first was a 82 accord then years and years later he got a 92 4 door DX. As a kid I loved the car. Fast forward and my brother had a 92 EX 5spd coupe that his wife kind of beat up. I picked it up from him as a spare car because I needed a back up to my audi a4 that was always broken, lol. After a few years of driving it once in a while I sold it with 125K miles for 500. I know biggest mistake. I recently just got another one with an h22 swap and a bunch of other jdm stuff. I'm gonna use it as a daily driver and build up another audi, lol. Cycle continues.

Comment

I was looking for my first car and a Honda was the last thing I wanted but it was the only make my dad would let me get for insurance/reliability reasons. My grandpa told me about this Honda he found so I test drove it and bought it the next day. Been driving it for 5 years and I absolutely love this car. We've had quite a bit of snow the past couple days here in NE and I love how these cars just power right through.

Comment

I got into the scene by accident, my last daily driver broke down and I needed a car quick so I went to Craigslist. I found my 93 LX for $650 and went to get it the next morning. I had a few Civics before and a 6th gen Accord so it felt good to be back in a Honda.

Comment

Working...
                                X