misfire when cold . help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

misfire when cold . help!

When starting the car when it is cold at low acceleration it will fall on its face like a misfire and sputter. It only does it one time, after that car runs fine. The only way it fixes its self is to let off the gas and hit it again or pressing the gas all the way down. Already checked the plugs, wires,cap, rotor, msd box and the throttle position sensor. Need to fix this sooon can't run NITROUS with a misfire LOL!
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

CHeck your injectors? But if it does it once I dont think its that. Also how did you check your wires and such? You replace them?
    Last edited by NAiL05; 06-09-2006, 08:02 AM.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have sort of the same problem. Mine will do it under medium throttle especially when cold. Have replaced the wires which helped abit but now it will sputter then die when slowing to a stop. Think mines a VAC leak?

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mealsy
        I have sort of the same problem. Mine will do it under medium throttle especially when cold. Have replaced the wires which helped abit but now it will sputter then die when slowing to a stop. Think mines a VAC leak?
        Check your IACV and clean it out and see what happens. You prob have a slight miss. Id change out the plugs also.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah I'll check it today and the wire are MSD been on the car for 8 months. And the plugs are NGK stage 1 cold plug been in the car same time with the wires
          Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 06-09-2006, 09:29 AM.
          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

bump....
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*NITROUS
              bump....
              hey richie check out my thread ..im having what i beleive is a fuel leak problem ..or possible ignition problem also...

must be all this heat down here..

Comment

Well i've cleaned out the IACV which i thought fixed it, but then realised it didn't. So, following haynes troubleshooting, replaced the gasket on the throttle body which so far (fingers crossed) has fixed it. If not i'm think it may be the fuel pump as most of the time it happens at about 1/4 tank, and it just seems as if it doesn't get enough fuel. Also cleaned the throttle body. Still sputters under accel. at high revs but is ALOT better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mealsy
                  Well i've cleaned out the IACV which i thought fixed it, but then realised it didn't. So, following haynes troubleshooting, replaced the gasket on the throttle body which so far (fingers crossed) has fixed it. If not i'm think it may be the fuel pump as most of the time it happens at about 1/4 tank, and it just seems as if it doesn't get enough fuel. Also cleaned the throttle body. Still sputters under accel. at high revs but is ALOT better.
                  I already clean out the IACV. and use the haynes book.. But I'm going to check was you said..I think it fuel problem.. I'll let you know
                  Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                  BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Ok I found the problem of the misfire. It was the fuel filter that was clog up. Replace the fuel filter and test drove it the next day and it was ok. Been driving it for 4 days. No misfire.

P.S. thanks for everybody for your help
                    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

mealsy have you cleaned your egr valve and ports?

Comment

Haven't cleaned the EGR valve/ports but will try tomorrow if I have time. Have brand new leads and plugs. Resoldering the main relay tomorrow, (resoldered it without desoldering which probly wasn't the best idea), and have been reading the the symptoms thread and have a few more ideas.

Comment

Working...
                        X