Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gold '91 DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold '91 DX

Update 10/23/12:
    So that last bit about having gone "as far as I wanted to go with this car" was BS, lol.

A few minor updates:
    -New front and rear UCAs and front driver side LBJ (First time doing any of these, LBJ was a major PITA, took four hours and smashed my finger with a sledge )
    -New pull-up antenna as the old one was broken off
    -94-95 Accord Mugen lip (front looks SO much better now, I see why its such a popular mod)
    -Installed a cheap amplified sub (Sound Ordinance B-8P), sounds pretty mediocre but primarily I just wanted to learn how to install a sub.

Currently looking at getting a catback as next upgrade, probably a WS2.

Oh yeah, and I failed VA state inspection for not attaching front brake lines correctly (not sure about this, will check this weekend), and for being too low

Some pics:

Update 6/13/12:
    Took some time to take some decent pictures of the finished project: with the exception of possibly getting some tint this is pretty much as far as I wanted to go with this car.

Thanks for looking.

Original Post:

First off I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge on this site so nubcakes like me can learn so much just by using the search function. Thanks to this site I was able to upgrade my audio and get some new shoes without making a single post

On to the car, its a gold '91 DX sedan. It's in really good condition for being 20 years old. Took it to Honda (lol) and they said it was one of the nicest cars they had seen for its age, it only has a little over 70k miles lol. Functionality-wise its pretty much perfect, they just said some of the rubber gaskets and stuff had dry rotted (it leaks a bit). Also paint is faded above the rear window. Here's what I've done so far (not much lol) with pics:

This is what I start out with. Hubcaps are cracked and faded. Speakers are dry-rotted and don't work. Otherwise ok.

Advanced Autoparts hubcaps (worst decision of my life, lol). Replace broken driver side door handle and install a JVC KDR-320 headunit and some cheap Legacy 6.5" speakers, all using great guides on this site

Finally, after hours of searching this site and others, I decided upon bronze Enkei EV5 rims (17x7) with Kumho Ecsta 4X UHP tires (215/45R17), and upgrade to Pioneer 6.5" speakers. Also threw on a ebay front grille, which is pretty meh.

So far I'm loving my CB7, I would REALLY love some ideas on what to do next, I've been thinking about a SRI (was unable to find an install guide, can anyone point me in the right direction?), new exhaust, and maybe a conservative lower.

Thanks for lookin'

UPDATE 4/20/12

Added Ebay window visors and an Ebay SRI. Now I know why there aren't any SRI-install guides, it couldn't have been any easier. Also replaced the low beams with GE Nighthawk Sports, not worth a picture as they look the same as stock lol.

UPDATE 5/29/12

Finally got dropped with some Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers. Took probably about 7 hours but wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Hardest part was removing the trim and rear seat side panels to get access for the rear struts lol. Currently at the height they come adjusted for. Front is perfect but rear is one finger or less, going to have to drive like a grandma lol. Also added an AEM Dryflow filter, NGK Iridium plugs and NGK wires.

Last edited by AgentHydra; 10-23-2012, 06:24 PM. Reason: updates

Wow! You've got yourself a clean CB7! The rims REALLY match with the body colour. A Legend lip and a small drop would make it look really nice!

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I love your choice of wheels. It's not often you get a bronze wheel and gold/tan/beige exterior that complement each other that nicely.

I like it alot.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentHydra View Post
        First off I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge on this site so nubcakes like me can learn so much just by using the search function. Thanks to this site I was able to upgrade my audio and get some new shoes without making a single post
        You'll do just fine here. Just fine indeed. By the way, your color is cappuccino brown. It's a '90-'91 only color and yours looks pretty decent.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

OMG
          I need to get back in the cb game!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
            Wow! You've got yourself a clean CB7! The rims REALLY match with the body colour. A Legend lip and a small drop would make it look really nice!
            Will need to look into that Legend lip, thanks!

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            I love your choice of wheels. It's not often you get a bronze wheel and gold/tan/beige exterior that complement each other that nicely.

I like it alot.
            Thanks! I almost went with black and red Motegis, I'm glad I picked these ones instead.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            You'll do just fine here. Just fine indeed. By the way, your color is cappuccino brown. It's a '90-'91 only color and yours looks pretty decent.
            Ah, thanks for the info!

Comment

Kouzie yes u need 2 come back. We miss u.

Op. Clean clean car.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

have you done a tune up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by AgentHydra View Post
                  Advanced Autoparts hubcaps (worst decision of my life, lol).
                  Well, it wasn't a good decision, that's for damn sure. But if that's the worst one you ever made, then you're doing OK.

Comment

wow nice car....keep up the good work
                    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Here we go again hahahah. You just can't stay away for long.
                      Originally posted by kouzie View Post
                      OMG
                      I need to get back in the cb game!!

OP: Nice and clean CB. looking great so far.

Comment

damn thats clean! looking good

Comment

Love the rim color, probably as close to your color without code matching. Blends well and looks sweet, drop her that SUV tho! :d
                          Jay
                          HondaLina
                          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Thanks for all feedback guys

Originally posted by Accord214 View Post
                            have you done a tune up yet?
                            Not sure how to do that... guess I'm back to googling lol

Comment

UPDATE 4/20/12

Added Ebay window visors and an Ebay SRI. Now I know why there aren't any SRI-install guides, it couldn't have been any easier. Also replaced the low beams with GE Nighthawk Sports, not worth a picture as they look the same as stock lol.

OP updated.
                              Last edited by AgentHydra; 05-30-2012, 09:10 PM. Reason: removing redundant pics

Comment

Working...
                              X