Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinking Oil Light

Hey folks,

Hopefully I can get some help within the next 2 hours or so, as I'm stuck about 45 minutes from home without a good way to get back if my car is having problems.

I noticed as I got off the highway that my Oil light was blinking, very consistently, a bit quicker than my turn signal, probably the same speed as the seat belt warning light. I don't notice any smells coming from the engine, and the performance seems OK. The blinking didn't change while the vehicle was moving or while it was stopped. Most of the replies I've seen in other threads here centre around the engine being off for a period of time while the ignition is still 'ON'.

Some of the other replies say it could just be the oil pressure sensor, which i truly hope is the problem. I know I'm overdue for an oil change, I think I'm about 8,000km since the last one. The car hasn't been driven since Thursday and today was the first time I've started it up. I haven't checked the oil level yet, I'm tied up for the next 2 hours but will be the first thing I do when I'm done here.

Any thoughts? Am I stuck getting the car towed away and finding a way home?

Thanks in advance!

if your oil pressure light is blinking you have no oil pressure,

things to check-

Oil level, if its too low you wont have oil pressure.

Pressure sensor- make sure the wire is still attached to the back of the oil pressure switch on the back of the block.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
      if your oil pressure light is blinking you have no oil pressure,

things to check-

Oil level, if its too low you wont have oil pressure.

Pressure sensor- make sure the wire is still attached to the back of the oil pressure switch on the back of the block.
      Thanks for the quick reply! I had read and taken your advice yesterday, but by the time I got home the site was down and I couldn't reply.

Unfortunately I don't know where the pressure sensor is on the engine, so I wasn't able to check that out. I did check the oil level and everything seemed OK. I added an extra litre of oil before leaving and everything was fine on the way home. No lights, no issues. I'm getting the oil changed now at my dealer and asked if they could check the sensor.

I appreciate the help! I'll update the thread if the techs here can confirm what the light was triggered for.

Comment

Looks like the sensor is working but might be on the way out. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X