Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ground wire kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground wire kits

alright i already did a search and came up with nothing useful... anyways i have seen the ground wire kits on ebay for pretty cheap. why exactly would a ground wire kit be an upgrade? isn't the honda ground kit efficient enough? and how many hp can be expected to be gained? i know you get what you pay for, but are any of the ebay ground kits worth the money?

it all depends on the gauge of the wire that is used. wire which is larger in diameter will give you the best performance.

You can expect about 2-3hp and 2-3tq increase.

Also, you might notice an increase in gas milage, as well as a better idle.

Comment

now the 2-3 hp increase, is these with the ebay ones or with $300 ones?? and how hard of a install is it?

Comment

well....think of it this way...that good wire u use to ground 1k dollar amps....use that. its relatively cheap, and make your own grounds....adding more will never hurt.
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

aiight noob time:
          how would i make my own grounds? and how much of an upgrade would the amp wire be over OEM honda wires??

Comment

well, you can clean up your oem wires....get all the corrosion off. and clean up the mating surfaces at the same time. and amp wire is a thicker better grade of wire. just pick solid peices on your engine. such as your distributor, a tranny case bolt, altenator bracket...and ground them to the chassis where there already are bolt holes...I.E where theres already a bolt holding something down so you dont have to drill and tap new holes, making life much easier....

Comment

its been proven on honda tech a few times.....i said the same thing at first.

Comment

where are the stock ground wires?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

will someone please buy me a set of 'black colored' ones and send to hawaii i dont wanan pay $30 PLUS for them.. and making them will cost more..
                  hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                    Why? From where? Have you dynoed that?
                    Or are you just regurgitating advertizing claims?
                    dyno charts on many different types of cars, all with the same results, and a butt dyno.

so stfu.

Comment

man this sounds like a great DIY!! someone should do a write up!

Comment

Wouldn't it be optimal, to ground all the various engine parts you all speak of to the SAME grounding point on the chassis? That's why I'd like to make or find a steel/iron block that fastens to the firewall or fender, etc to commonly ground all these parts to and not just pick random/different grounding points on the chassis.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i acually replaced my old ground wire. wherever i found a ground it was some crappy 16 guage pathetic stuff. replaced it some decent 8 guage wire. and surprising, i beleive i noticed a difference. a little peppier than normal. i could be wrong, i know my car has its good days and bad days. but hey. worth a shot IMO.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

yea ground wires kits r a good mod to make...easy and helps alot of things out not just power. o and i am gonna go with a 4gauge wire. the bigger the better. remember...u get what u pay for!! i found that out the hard way several times. hp gains weill be anywhere from 2-5 and same for TQ depending on size and condition of old stock peice o crap wires.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                            X