cfmurray : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
    Thats not really needed, I believe its a vav to a solenoid not needed to the air box. I cant think of the name of the solenoid but I remove mine. Remove the intake and you shold see the port
    Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
    Nice progress! I believe that hose connects with one that either comes from the intake manifold or map sensor. Look for a hose underneath your intake tube.
    Thanks guys! for the answers. I am weird even though it is not needed I still want to plug it in.

Comment

Here is my progress for my swap, not a lot of photos, but some to get the drift of what I did. I am thankful to EVERYONE on here that has posted info that helped me.

Engine I got F22A with Tranny 35,000-45,000 miles on it from TigerJapanese

My old engine, and tranny before taking it out.

Finally out, I am not going to neglect my new engine/tranny like this one was

Broken Motor mount.

Took off the old Throttle body, cleaned, and bought all new gaskets.

The exhaust manifold was different on my new engine, and didn't have a spot to plug in my sensor so I swapped them, and bought a new gasket.

The Engine Bay was horrible caked on grease, and oil so I cleaned it up, and bought a new Engine mount. I wanted to do a wire tuck so bad, but I didn't have the time to do it. I would only do a mild wire tuck anyways.

Sprayed the manifold cover black, but now I wish I would have just stripped it, and had it stock. I can do that later.

New engine/tranny installed process of pluggin all wires, and hoses up.

It was a great experience I learned a lot, bonded with my father. Again thank you to everyone on this site, a lot of research, and questions were helpful!

Comment

kick ass bro, Nice work grabbin a good engine shouldn't be too much work pluggin stuff back in at least you got your car back together!

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
        Do it once, do it right.
        Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
        Missing My
        White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Very nice. I'm loving the cleanliness of everything.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Glad it all worked out! Maybe ill buy the head off you if you want to sell it. Just let me know.

'90 Accord EX(project)
            '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
            '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
              kick ass bro, Nice work grabbin a good engine shouldn't be too much work pluggin stuff back in at least you got your car back together!
              Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              Very nice. I'm loving the cleanliness of everything.
              Originally posted by samrjr0044 View Post
              Glad it all worked out! Maybe ill buy the head off you if you want to sell it. Just let me know.
              Thanks guys! alot of patience, and hard work paid off car runs great! Ya ill sell you that head if you want it.

Does anyone know what cars I can get Yellow Fog light caps off of at the pick n pull?

Comment

Hello all I need a new cat cause my car failed smog again. I have done some research on this site, and others, but could not stumble upon any info that would help me. Are our cats just bolted on?

Comment

Originally posted by cfmurray View Post
                  Hello all I need a new cat cause my car failed smog again. I have done some research on this site, and others, but could not stumble upon any info that would help me. Are our cats just bolted on?
                  Yes they are. I am not too sure on the sizes, but its a bolt and nut combo holding it together. Six total, three on each end.

Comment

Finally past smog , so I lowered my car back down, and took a couple photos. Also an update if you notice I have new one peicers, and JDM grill.

Comment

Finally past smog , so I lowered my car back down, and took a couple photos. Also an update if you notice I have new one peicers, and JDM grill.

I wish you would've had that pic when I nominated you for AoM

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                        I wish you would've had that pic when I nominated you for AoM
                        Oh shoot you nominated me? Thanks bro! Just wait until you see some other photos I will be taking. Probably in a couple weeks, but soon.

Comment

Oh shoot you nominated me? Thanks bro! Just wait until you see some other photos I will be taking. Probably in a couple weeks, but soon.
                          Haha yea I nominated you for AoM for August. I love your car man so I can't wait.

Comment

Here are a couple shots of my car I took the other day.

Comment

Whats up man hows the cb coming along? we should have a little shoot together one of these days...

Im Sams brother btw
                              My RIDE

Comment

@ofr , Ya I am down for that when I get my vehicle to start now lol. Dang I have not been on here for awhile my bad getting back to ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X