Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tranmission Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranmission Issues

I have a 90 Accord EX Coupe with the ATX, which has of late been giving some trouble with its transmission. The car will run fine when you first start, but if you ever slow down or stop after that first run up to speed (like a stop sign, etc) there is a chance that it will not be able to shift/stay in gear when you take back off. The car revs really high and does not go into gear, though it is not slipping because there is no forward drive at this point. I can let off the gas entirely and sometimes it will shift up, but other times it will not. At other times the car will try really hard to get into gear, but just revs really high back and forth trying to get into gear, but never quite manages it. This chance of having no gears at all seems to increase as you drive the car longer, but if you never come to a stop or slow down below 20mph, it does fine (50 miles one way at speed, no problem). Oddly enough stopping and turning the car off and then back on fixes this temporarily (if the car loses all gears and will not shift into any, you can reset it and immedately get back normal shifting for a little while). The car sets no trouble codes, the S light is not on, nor flashing, and I have reset the ECU, with no help. Fluid is fine also (not burnt, at proper levels). This started with the car just going in and out of overdrive when at speed, but has degenerated to this point over two days of driving, to the point where I know I am going to have to restart the car in traffic at least half of the time I stop at an intersection.
    Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

tranny computer... i may not throw codes but might be just acting up and ready to go. try replacing the TCU and see what happens.. or not I would suggest a tranny flush.

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I have the same problem with my cb. I was going to to the 5spd swapp but a member here never sent me the parts. So next week I'm taking it to a transmission shop and have them deal with it. I heard it could be the torque converter or something.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

the internal filter could be clogged

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I was thinking it would be electronic because turning the car off and back on seems to fix it temporarily... Would the TPS or Kickdown cable cause these symptoms?

Comment

I'll let you guys know what happens my car should be going in next week. I'll find out if its electrical or mechanical.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Bump

Any update on this? Any other opinons? I'm curious...

Comment

Yeah same here ^ Actually I am having tranny probs right now as well.

Comment

Update

I have now looked over the internals of the TCU and cannot find anything that looks damaged within, so it may not be the TCU... Do you think I should replace the TCU anyway, I mean can the TCU fail without a burned looking component? I've gone over it thoroughly and cannot find anything. This transmission was rebuilt about 16k ago, so wouldn't most people have replaced the inner filter when they rebuilt it? Doesn't seem like it could clog over just 16k miles...I'm really just a little confused since I though my trans was golden for a littlewhile after rebuilding it.

Comment

chek your 2 soloniods.

Comment

Update: this car has been driven some miles now as I troubleshoot it, and now the fluid is definately burn (over about 20 miles went from good to bad). I pulled the dipstick and found it definately had a few shavings on the stick and it is dark and burned smelling (dead fluid). If the filter needed flushing that wouldn't burn the fluid or make shaving would it? I'm thinking its something much worse...

Comment

i had the same thing happen to me. it happen to me but not all the time once it happen i pull to the side turn it off for like 15mins then drive off and it will be fine. my promblem was the tranny was bad.

~flush the fluid again."how do you flush your tranny?''
                        ~check the Ecu
                        ~check Egr valve. check if the pump on the EGR is working well. if yes just clean it good. or buy a new one. price$110 bucks. 29.99 at the junk yard.
                        ~SOLENOID. $154 at honda. hard to find at the junk yard.
                        easy things to test.
                        ~if your car is auto put it in 1st then in 2nd then D3 if it makes it to D3 then it not the tranny. only do it while this happen to your car. drive it like a manual.
                        ~have your car on put it in d4 if the green box blinks then its the computer.

i hope this helps you out.

but like i said i had a bad tranny now im changin it to a 5speed.
                        f--k the auto thing its a pain.
                        Last edited by samuri88; 10-15-2007, 09:01 PM.
                        MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

I had the same problem on my f22a1 auto tranny. Just like samuri88, if I let it sit for 15-25 min n started it back up everything was fine. I never figured out what was wrong with it though, but there was a decent amount of metal shavings in the fluid. The people that looked at it said I just needed a new tranny. So I just junked it an got an h22.
                          ALL PARTS MUST GO
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

Working...
                          X