Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DSM Turbo setups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misconceptions are flying around.

Remember when speaking of PSI it differs for every setup.

Example:1
    My car came stock with 1.5" intercooler lines. a fairly small TB a super small intake manifold and ports, the valves were decent sized for all those things. My car handled lets say 30 psi lets say thats with my tdo6 20g turbo setup. This setup may only push 32lbs a min at max.

Since this time, my intercooler piping is now 3.5" my FMIC is now huge and 3" thick, my TB is now nearly twice the size it was, with a larger intake manifold and bigger ports, the valves have been oversized to handle the increased airflow. This setup is allowng to push 49lbs a min at the same 30 psi on the same turbo.

You can see that pressure is produced from the turbine to the valves, anything in between the two creat varaibles for the effeciency of the turbo. With my new setup i could easily run 32lbs a min a 19 psi... A bottle neck causes higher boost pressures, because the air is restricted. It's like blowing through a straw or blowing through a radiator hose, one has more velocity and one has more airflow. The more velocity creates a great deal of power and throttle response, but more air causes more fuel to burn creating a ton more power in the mid and top end with more lag.

So the breif understanding of this, may help you decide to make your piping similar to dsm's stock form, even then the F22 has a much larger TB I think, I know the H22 does, and it's intake ports and much better designed than a DSM allowing for better combustion. Thus causing a 7 psi in a f22 to outrun a dsm with the same 7 psi with all identical parts leading to the TB.
    Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-12-2012, 02:54 PM.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

The 4G63 is also a smaller engine in terms of displacement. The overall amount of air the engine displaces affects the function of the turbo as well. .2L isn't a huge difference, but there IS a difference.

Comment

I did forget that as well. In the forced induction world .2 of a stroke is alot. It'll allow a larger turbo to spool faster at a lower rpm.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

And a smaller turbo to reach its limit sooner (which, with too small of a turbo, will be detrimental... such as a t25 on an F22A)

Comment

Working...
          X