JDM P13 ECU with SPOON SPORTS CHIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM P13 ECU with SPOON SPORTS CHIP

I Just Bought A Jdm P13 Off Ebay And A Spoon Sports Chip, But It Came With No Instructions At All. Does Anyone Have Any Pictures Of Where/what Location The Chip Goes. If I Can Get The Exact Location I Can Put It In Myself. I'd Appreciate The Help. Some Pictures Might Help As Well.

well you cant just pull a chip out of a stock P13 and chip it with another one.
    you have to sodder some things. there is more work to it than just replacing a chip. if done wrong you can fry the whole board.
    if im wrong someone correct me.
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Well, thank for the reply. But you are not answering my question. I need the location for the chip. I am a certified Electronics Tech. I know what NOT to do. What i need to know is; what location the chip goes on??. Does anyone have an answer to this???

Comment

Originally posted by FJACCORD
        I need the location for the chip. I am a certified Electronics Tech. I know what NOT to do. What i need to know is; what location the chip goes on??. Does anyone have an answer to this???

You don't know how to look at it and match up the chip by the size? Just look at this pic in this ebay sale, maybe it will help you narrow down the location of the chip you need to replace.

Comment

sorry to go a lil off topic to answer your question.. but is it a real spoon chip? and how much did you buy it for? cuz theres fake spoons that just tampers your air/fuel ratio and pretty much increase how much gas goes to your engine.. ive hurd bad stuff about those ebay spoon chips..but i know somewhere in superhonda.com has a diagram.. i just dont feel like going there anymore..

Comment

I don't know, but it has the Spoon Sports logo on it. I will find out if it is the real spoon sports this weekend. Anyway, if it is the real one, i was able to make a copy of it at work. i work for this Electronic company that has state of the art testing and programming devices. If anyone is interested i can chip ECU's right here for a small fee off course. Let me know.

Comment

Here is one by the same seller for $20 on ebay:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

why not ask the seller where to place the chip.

but even if its not a real spoon chip you would have been better off just getting an ECU that could have accepted an actual chip program.. something that you can customize and change, the p13 and this "simple" chip in the long run wont benefit you... but i digress

without seeing the chip and without any more info from you, i cant give a good answer.

Comment

i could probably take a picture of it later on. But if you can go to this website
                  www.mvcompany.net/
                  you can see what i am talking about.

Comment

There is no picture of the chip. I'll post one later, if i can.

Comment

You will actually be better off buying a P28 and chipping it. should be easy with where you work. you will see better gains from that ecu. and you could get a P28 for under $100 and sell your P13 for more than that.

Comment

Well, i've already chipped my P13 with the Spoon Sports IC. How much do you think i can get for it?

Comment

Originally posted by FJACCORD
                          Well, i've already chipped my P13 with the Spoon Sports IC. How much do you think i can get for it?
                          you could probably get around $150

Comment

well, maybe. there are sellers online that rip you off for 200 bucks, but i wouldn't pay it. if you have cams i/e/h and other work like ported tb, and upgrade the flow in the head, im sure this chip will be fine...maybe. i dunno. those generic chips aren't the best thing to buy. id say buy a po6 chip it, and get uberdata. moates.com has the chipping equipment picture so u can make sure you have everything.
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

well... does the ecu work?
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X