Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First performance upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First performance upgrade

I've had these headers and exhaust for about a month no so i'm excite to be installing them. I got DC headers and a focuz exhaust from the local junk yard for $90 bucks!. I picked the headers up for $70 and i know that was a steal. I don't know anything about the focuz exhaust i picked up tho. My current exhaust has a how bunch of holes in it, so i decided to take the exhaust off the same car i got my headers from. Anyone know about focuz exhaust?

It's cheap crap. Good if you needed a replacement exhaust, but nothing to brag about.

Also, it's only one header. Not "headers".

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It's cheap crap. Good if you needed a replacement exhaust, but nothing to brag about.

it is...

Bwuahahah

OP: Good deal on the dc header, and a non leaking exhaust is always better than one that leaks, even if it is 'cheap crap'.
      Last edited by cloudasc; 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        and a non leaking exhaust is always better than one that leaks, even if it is 'cheap crap'.
        This is very true! It may be cheap crap, but only you know that. Everybody will know about the exhaust leak though!

MRT---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200945

Comment

it is...

Bwuahahah

OP: Good deal on the dc header, and a non leaking exhaust is always better than one that leaks, even if it is 'cheap crap'.
          He was asking whether or not his exhaust was something good. I answered him. I didn't say it wasn't worth what he paid for it, as he got a good deal. However, it's nothing to brag about. It's nothing special. It's an inexpensive pipe with an unknown name brand on it. Better than something with no name, I suppose...

And are you correcting my usage of "it's" in each of those cases? Because in each instance, I intended it to mean "it is", as is the proper usage of the contraction.

Comment

I think the very first upgrade you should do to an older car is usually in this order.

Tires
            Brakes
            Suspension

I would start with tires.

Comment

I figured the exhaust wasn't anything special when i couldn't find much info. on the web about it. And thanks for the grammer correction, now i wont sound like an idiot when i'm talking to other people.

Originally posted by Redseth01 View Post
              This is very true! It may be cheap crap, but only you know that. Everybody will know about the exhaust leak though!
              Yea my stock exhaust piping and muffler looked like swiss cheese.

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
              I think the very first upgrade you should do to an older car is usually in this order.

Tires
              Brakes
              Suspension

When i first got the car i put new tires on it and new brake pads and rotors.
              I'm saving up for my suspension now, but still not sure what suspension set-up i want to go with. Coilovers or springs. any suggestions?

By the way finished with the install a bit ago and there's a deep tone to it, not too ricey. And it feels a bit faster off the line. I think it sounds great. Also I ran into no problems while taking off the old exhaust and header and putting the new one on.(This never happens , i usually have a least one bolt break on me)

Comment

And are you correcting my usage of "it's" in each of those cases? Because in each instance, I intended it to mean "it is", as is the proper usage of the contraction.
                Not per se , it just reminded me of one of the many language lessons you've helped everone on here with; that and I ate a special brownie earlier which helped make the memory come to mind and funnier.

Normally an apostrophe followed by an 's' means possession, but in the case of 'it' a lack of an apostrophe would . Isn't english great?
                Last edited by cloudasc; 07-25-2013, 02:48 AM.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post

Tires
                  Brakes
                  Suspension

First off, I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong; I think that the order should be switched around a bit (depending on how much wear the car has I guess). For example, I just got my car about a month ago and the suspension and brakes were both in very poor condition. I'm in the process of ordering every control arm and ball joint (Moog) for my CB. I just replaced the brakes two weeks ago , also did the front wheel bearings while I had it apart. My point I guess is depending on what kind of shape your car is in....other things may be more important on the list of what to fix than something else. But if you are going to go buy tires, there's nothing wrong with a nice used tire...or two. But putting new tires on worn suspension components is like throwing money away IMHO. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Ogdenjor08 View Post
                    First off, I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong; I think that the order should be switched around a bit (depending on how much wear the car has I guess). For example, I just got my car about a month ago and the suspension and brakes were both in very poor condition. I'm in the process of ordering every control arm and ball joint (Moog) for my CB. I just replaced the brakes two weeks ago , also did the front wheel bearings while I had it apart. My point I guess is depending on what kind of shape your car is in....other things may be more important on the list of what to fix than something else. But if you are going to go buy tires, there's nothing wrong with a nice used tire...or two. But putting new tires on worn suspension components is like throwing money away IMHO. Just my .02
                    Yes and No. I see your point and it is very valid. I always recommend brakes and tires they are the what keeps you safe the most so that is important to me and not others so I understand;

To the OP. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyN91 View Post
                      I figured the exhaust wasn't anything special when i couldn't find much info. on the web about it. And thanks for the grammer correction, now i wont sound like an idiot when i'm talking to other people.

Yea my stock exhaust piping and muffler looked like swiss cheese.

When i first got the car i put new tires on it and new brake pads and rotors.
                      I'm saving up for my suspension now, but still not sure what suspension set-up i want to go with. Coilovers or springs. any suggestions?

By the way finished with the install a bit ago and there's a deep tone to it, not too ricey. And it feels a bit faster off the line. I think it sounds great. Also I ran into no problems while taking off the old exhaust and header and putting the new one on.(This never happens , i usually have a least one bolt break on me)
                      That's surprising. People almost always run into issues with the header bolts at this age!
                      Do your research on the suspension. Don't even listen to suggestions until you have a proper understanding of what things do, and how they work together. There is a LOT of bad suspension information on this site, and people will continue to give it. Read the "sticky" threads in the suspension section of this site, particularly those written by mndude07. That will get you looking in the right direction. Suspension is one of the things that can kill you if you do it wrong, so it's smart to learn a good deal before even touching it!

As for "headers", no problem. That, and "vtech" are the two most common noob mistakes... and people can get pretty brutal with those things.

The exhaust and header have likely made your car slower off the line, actually. The restriction of the stock pieces allowed for more torque lower in the RPM range. By opening it up, you've increased the overall power, but moved it up in the powerband. Unless you're launching off the line, you're probably making less power than you were. At higher RPM, however, it's a different story. The header/exhaust combo may have given you 10-15hp (probably closer to 10, honestly.)

Not per se , it just reminded me of one of the many language lessons you've helped everone on here with; that and I ate a special brownie earlier which helped make the memory come to mind and funnier.

Normally an apostrophe followed by an 's' means possession, but in the case of 'it' a lack of an apostrophe would . Isn't english great?
                      Exactly. It's one of the weird ones. I do, however, make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling on here. If I'm going to criticize people, I had better set a proper example!
                      Also, kudos on the proper spelling and usage of "per se". I've seen highly educated people type "per say".

Originally posted by Ogdenjor08 View Post
                      The order depends largely on what is most worn, I'd say. Performance tires on worn suspension components is a waste, but simply using quality tires is a smart thing to do. Replacing worn suspension components as you mentioned is very important (and often overlooked until something breaks... which can be disastrous.)

Since the brakes are new,

Comment

That's surprising. People almost always run into issues with the header bolts at this age!
                        I've ran into a few stubborn bolts and nuts on this car that i spent hours trying to get off, and caused some big headache. So I've been spraying WD-40 and penetrating lube on the header bolts for the last few days.

Read the "sticky" threads in the suspension section of this site, particularly those written by mndude07. That will get you looking in the right direction.
                        Cool, look like i know what my reading material is going to be tonight.

Comment

L'île 8ball Saïd, I would do maintenance on the suspension and engine before starting any performance upgrades. Safety and reliability are first.

Comment

this set up is not to bad . i know a few that have it.http://performance.importrp.com/toki.../i-526306.aspx
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                            X