CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
uslspct
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell, er NJ
Posts: 1,261
uslspct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to uslspct
Oklahoma Tornado

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3313690.html

Schools didn't have safe rooms?!
__________________
Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
-=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
MY RIDE




"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong
uslspct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
MikeW
Master Of Posting Nothing
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Middle America
Posts: 15,681
MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
I was just posting about this on another forum. That town was hit by a tornado back in 1999. The town I'm in now, Joplin, was hit by a tornado 2 years ago. Most, if not all, of the places that have rebuilt have either some sort of new shelter plan in place or have underground shelters. It blows my mind that these children were ushered into the hallway and told to get on their knees under a brick wall. The fact that there wasn't a shelter is the worst. But the weather the day before was almost as bad and predictions were made that tornadoes were likely in the same area.

It's saddening and appalling that they had to die.
__________________


KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | . ` ' / . | click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
8ball
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uncle Sam
Posts: 864
8ball seems to have made some friends! 8ball seems to have made some friends!
To be fair it was over 200+mph winds and 1/2 a mile wide. The wider the twister the slower it sweeps the area so maybe if they did have a safe room they werent expecting a slow moving tornado 1/2 a mile wind with over 200+mph winds to just idle over them. Sad though really
8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
uslspct
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell, er NJ
Posts: 1,261
uslspct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to uslspct
I did read somewhere in a comments section that one did have a basement but got flooded with water. I don't feel like taking the time to confirm that. Still can't believe more didn't die.

Some good videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMF22_MEMJU
If there's ever a time a video looks fake it's this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpceWd8UE4
Turn off the Audio on this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUc1ZgXiQGs
Dog comes out of debris
__________________
Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
-=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
MY RIDE




"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Last edited by uslspct; 05-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
uslspct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
uslspct
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell, er NJ
Posts: 1,261
uslspct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to uslspct
Basements scarce in tornado-prone Oklahoma City area

Victims
__________________
Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
-=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
MY RIDE




"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong
uslspct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
uslspct
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell, er NJ
Posts: 1,261
uslspct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to uslspct
More tornados hitting same area again right now!

__________________
Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
-=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
MY RIDE




"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Last edited by uslspct; 05-31-2013 at 08:02 PM.
uslspct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Ralphie
Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Down on the upside
Posts: 5,021
Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Fucking crazy.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
MikeW
Master Of Posting Nothing
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Middle America
Posts: 15,681
MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
Still blows my mind that, in the one area that needs them more than any other area, they don't have basements. "Shelters", sure, but you have to bury them, which is expensive, not to mention the cost of the shelter itself.

I don't wanna be "that guy" as I'm not that kind of person but 99% of the people who live in this area know it's nature risks. These situations NEED to be expected and people should live and adjust accordingly. I'm not going to say that they deserve it, because they don't, but they know the risks and precautions they need to take. Not doing so exempts others from fault.
__________________


KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | . ` ' / . | click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
uslspct
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell, er NJ
Posts: 1,261
uslspct is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to uslspct
Tornado touches down a few miles north of my grandmas house! She lives in Ballwin.


Friday traffic stuck on highway in OK City and it's almost dark now. Could be really bad there.
__________________
Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
-=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
MY RIDE




"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong
uslspct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #10
Lynx
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 125
Lynx seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via MSN to Lynx
They dont have basements because of flooding issues in that location.

No excuses to not have some sort of shelter tho being in an area that is hit with tornado's every year.
__________________
My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
toycar
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Old folks home
Posts: 1,150
toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
They dont have basements because of flooding issues in that location.

No excuses to not have some sort of shelter tho being in an area that is hit with tornado's every year.
The ground is also really hard there so digging out foundations in some areas is challenging.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
kouzie
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 10,000 lakes
Posts: 15,421
kouzie is cool... so far.
Holy moly!
__________________

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD
kouzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta
Posts: 4,282
crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
The ground is also really hard there so digging out foundations in some areas is challenging.
Exactly. Having basements would be a no brainer, and this is why many don't.

It's just nature's way of trolling.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #14
Quashish
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 1,558
Quashish seems to have made some friends!
just saw this on my msn page. wonder if its a member?? or just a coincidence theres a cb7 and a cb9 in the same picture?
__________________

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
It all makes sense when i look into her eyes
Quashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
owequitit
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern AZ
Posts: 7,633
owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
To be fair it was over 200+mph winds and 1/2 a mile wide. The wider the twister the slower it sweeps the area so maybe if they did have a safe room they werent expecting a slow moving tornado 1/2 a mile wind with over 200+mph winds to just idle over them. Sad though really
Not expecting it is no excuse. There is a proven history of such occurrences in that area, and thus they should ALWAYS be planned for. It is sort of like saying there was no way to plan for Katrina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
They dont have basements because of flooding issues in that location.

No excuses to not have some sort of shelter tho being in an area that is hit with tornado's every year.
That makes it virtually impossible to build a shelter. The likelihood of building above ground shelters that would be guaranteed to survive such forces is tenuous at best. Not to mention the cost of construction and maintenance of such facilities.
owequitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.