No announcement yet.

Best PS1 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played a few of the older COD and MOH games in the past. Most of them were just frustrating. The only game of that type that I ever really got into was Halo 3, and that was really just because my band forced me to play it! FPS games never really appealed to me.

GTA does the same thing for me that the Elder Scrolls games did... Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim... they're just so wide open that there's no purpose to me. No storyline that I care about, so it just seems like a bunch of meaningless missions. When I was a kid, I probably would've loved exploring those huge worlds (I remember exploring every inch of Zelda and Final Fantasy 3) These days, I'm actually far more interested in a linear game! That's one reason I'm looking back to the old games... more linear style gameplay. More of a coherent story, and less like I'm playing a modified version of the Sims.

Comment

See I am the opposite lol. The open world games when I was younger(that were not like they are today obv) overwhelmed me and I liked Linear games were you were kind of guided per say.

Then I played the original GTA and it changed my outlook on games, esp open world games.

I mean a lot of people lamented Red Dead Redemption because it was painfully slow/boring but I thought the idea was fucking fantastic. I still play it, and they have the zombie edition too. Zombies out in the open west and mexico in the late 1800's.

Sick.

lol.

You can go fucking huting, rob trains, catch fugitives. Every day is a new day. Its really cool.

I like the exploring much more now, and I like the ability to play however I want depending on my mood and not be restricted to a "story".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        See I am the opposite lol. The open world games when I was younger(that were not like they are today obv) overwhelmed me and I liked Linear games were you were kind of guided per say.

Then I played the original GTA and it changed my outlook on games, esp open world games.

I mean a lot of people lamented Red Dead Redemption because it was painfully slow/boring but I thought the idea was fucking fantastic.I still play it, and they have the zombie edition too. Zombies out in the open west and mexico in the late 1800's.

Sick.

lol.

You can go fucking huting, rob trains, catch fugitives. Every day is a new day. Its really cool.

I like the exploring much more now, and I like the ability to play however I want depending on my mood and not be restricted to a "story".

Thank you! RDR is the shit.

Comment

That idea seems amazing to me, but every time I try to play a game like that, it seems pointless. Skyrim ALMOST had me hooked... but I got bored of it.
          Maybe it's because I'm a much more casual gamer than I once was. I was off yesterday and today, and I haven't played anything other than a couple games on my iPhone (Gemini, an oldschool vertical scrolling space shooter with awesome upgrade options, and GTracing2, which is about as close to Gran Turismo as you can get on a phone!)

Games like the Final Fantasy series are what really get me hooked. A fairly linear story with little hidden optional storylines that can be followed for special items or characters. Games that have a world that offers freedom, but gameplay that is strongly tied to a linear storyline. I want to feel like I'm actually working toward something in a game. If I lose sight of the ultimate goal, or I just don't care about it... I put the game down for good.

Comment

Skyrim The Elder Scrolls is my favorite game. Ever. I would hate to see how many hours I have spent playing that game.

Elder Scrolls Online for PC is a different story. It was a disappointment.

Comment

I wanted to like Skyrim. I played it for a few days, and enjoyed it... but then it just kinda got boring.
              I killed a dragon, and lost the carcass before I got whatever it was I was supposed to get from it. I got annoyed and never played it again!

Comment

I know this thread is a little old, but I just picked up Resident Evil 3 and have been using my PS2 to play it. Such a blast! The jaggy graphics are quite dated, but the RE series was always one of my favourites, at least before it turned into those action games with the Resident Evil title.

The Rainbow Six games were always really good too. And I saw someone mention Road Rash. Hilarious game. Nothing like jamming a pool cue into someone's spokes and watching them go flying
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I've never played any of the RE games (aside from one afternoon at my friend's, where we both nearly shat ourselves...) Never played the Rainbow Six games either. FPS games usually aren't my bag, but I've liked some (Deus Ex was awesome until the end!) I'll have to give those a try!

Comment

Working...
                  X