Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a cb7 facebook page? There may as well not be as far as I'm concerned. I only ever check it if the site is down for me and I want to see if it is an issue on my end or if it's down for everyone.

Don't get discouraged, Deeve. There are 2 car scenes now; the real enthusiasts that enjoy seeing people work on their car (and do it safely) no matter what, and the ass-hats that grew up fucking with people on the internet and bring that to real life. Most people now-adays start in the "ass-hat" group, but a few make the crossover. You just have to know which group you want to hang out with.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
      Yawn

I feel you deeve. From my perspective, i don't do facebook and the activity on the forum has changed drastically over my tenure. I do think all of the additional forums/groups etc damages the ability to be serious.

People act stupid at place A, feel stupid, leave and go to place B until they burn that down too. Pretty much how internet forums work it seems.
      This forum has avoided that for the most part. I see a lot of complaints elsewhere about this forum being full of judgemental nazis... but then when I ask why they feel that way, they say "you make ppl feel like they stupid wen they post in da rong forum." So yeah... when they type like idiots, and can't figure out where to post among the 5 sections open to noobs... they may get a harsh word or two!

Aside from the decline in enthusiasm and activity, I don't feel that this forum has gone downhill. The people that post here are generally intelligent, well-spoken, well-meaning tuners. People that can often take criticism, and are willing to learn from those with more knowledge and experience. Even the arguments I've had on here in recent times have been intelligent. I don't mind arguing, and I have no problem respecting someone that I disagree with, as long as they respect me in return.

I see what you mean by the additional forums. I know that the computer section was probably a bit much, but it's useful... plus, we're all interacting on computers or computerized devices
      I've tried to come up with a way to un-clutter the forum without drastically changing the way it works (or messing things up... I already broke it once!) but every time I try, I always come back to the conclusion that it's most functional as-is.

Comment

Some other thoughts now that I'm awake:

A) If the Facebook page is meant to represent this site, it should follow the same rules. "Hating", etc, gets you banned from posting.

B) You should at the very least be a mod for that page, in addition to other actual mods here

C) If the page representing your site is so different that it alienates you, have them change it so it no longer represents your site.

D) Facebook absolutely sucks for forum posts, or any organizational stuff of the sort.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          There's a cb7 facebook page? There may as well not be as far as I'm concerned. I only ever check it if the site is down for me and I want to see if it is an issue on my end or if it's down for everyone.

Don't get discouraged, Deeve. There are 2 car scenes now; the real enthusiasts that enjoy seeing people work on their car (and do it safely) no matter what, and the ass-hats that grew up fucking with people on the internet and bring that to real life. Most people now-adays start in the "ass-hat" group, but a few make the crossover. You just have to know which group you want to hang out with.
          That's true. Facebook is the quick, easy way of interacting... and the lazy people are drawn to it. Not that forums aren't quick and easy, but Facebook functions more like a chatroom.
          Even though this forum is pretty fast paced, people on the Facebook group regularly say it's "dead" here. Questions rarely go a full 24 hours without a response, especially in the beginner section!

That's one reason I never wanted a Facebook page in the first place. The current group (the one where all the fast paced discussion takes place) was not created by me, or anyone else acting under my authority. I'm not sure who created it, honestly. I had initially intended to get it shut down, but I saw how many people liked it... I figured it was better to allow it to exist than to deprive the CB7 community of a popular Facebook group. I joined, and started helping those that expressed enough intelligence to comprehend polysyllabic instructions... Then I realized that many of the people on there are idiots, and I can freely express that on a page where I'm not "deev"... thus exhausting my intolerant aggression and resulting in a much nicer demeanor on here THEN people began to figure out who I was (damn my last name that is similar to my screen name...) and someone made me an admin of the page.
          Now, it's essentially an extension of the site... and I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            polysyllabic
            Whoa man. Gettin up there with the arduous words aren't we?
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Then I realized that many of the people on there are idiots, and I can freely express that on a page where I'm not "deev"... thus exhausting my intolerant aggression and resulting in a much nicer demeanor on here
              I was wondering why you weren't as much of a prick recently...

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I just take one look in there and I just shake my head. When it comes down to the brass tacks I know where I belong. I may not know as much as some of the OG folk here, but I sure have learned a lot since I joined (almost 5 years ago). I know a CB head when I see one and we are per se a dying breed. I came to Florida for part of that reason (besides family, girlfriend and better weather). I have more or less taken a hiatus for a while, but I shall return. Like many others I get annoyed with misinformation about any kind of setup that I know is wrong and folks saying it is ok. Blah I guess I am rambling a bit here, I digress. Either way I know where my car game started and where it will end (if it does). I didn't get those stickers or contribute here to be cool, I did it because I know what this site means and is about! And hell thanks to you all, I am glad to be here and love a Cb7!
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I was on a TL page on facebook and it was the same shit. Had to leave it.
                  wat?

Comment

Polysyllabic and arduous

These two words won't appear on the Facebook page and I like that fact

Indubitably
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I'm still committed to finding a non-rusty cb and I'd like to think I'm still in it. I'm sure I've pissed some people off on here and there, but I've never been very good at composition, it was my worst subject.

CB7tuner has really helped me in so many ways and I'd like to think I'm a part of the family and will be for awhile. I'm in it for the long haul...
                      Last edited by AAPOQ; 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

There's a difference between a lack of composition and spelling skills... and pure laziness. There are some people on here that speak other languages. They can be difficult to understand, but there's a reason for it. Then there are those people that type as if they're just banging their foreheads on the keyboard.

Comment

This whole "being positive" thing is leading to failure. Sounds like the FB page needs a "devils advocate".
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I've been trying. Apparently, I'm just a disrespectful idiot.
                            I'm just going to start saying "cool car, bro!" to everyone with a piece of crap.

Comment

I'm just going to start saying "cool car, bro!" to everyone with a piece of crap.
                              Sounds like an inside joke I can get behind

Comment

Like deev has said, it's not all the young kids. Alex for example, one of the cleanest 4th gens I've seen in Cali. At first I was jealous of him, because I wanted to be one of the few "youngins" with a clean accord. But then that jealousy grew into inspiration and determination. I'm slowly taking off all my half assed parts, pretty much I just need to get my function forms to replace my ebay sleeves. Even though they are the smoothest riding no name sleeves I've ever rode in, they're a death trap waiting to happen.

At school, I've gotten a lot of respect and props on it. A lot of people ask me what they should do on their whip and tell me their plans. I always guide them in the right way. Do it once, do it right. I've learned my lesson and try to change their (deev quote) "ass-hat" ways. My 2nd accord I plan on getting ground controls, paint, nice volks or work wheels. Clean daily.
                                1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                                For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Working...
                                X