new function forms type one's installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new function forms type one's installed

what suspension are you guy's running i just recently installed type ones and it is the best investment iv'e put into my car it rides like a new car

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
    what suspension are you guy's running i just recently installed type ones and it is the best investment iv'e put into my car it rides like a new car
    F&F type 1 too
    i dont have to tell you how it feels
    rear sway bar and call it a day
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

i have them there dampening system works well but not near as good as koni yellows just changed from type 1s to yellows with tokico springs and the bumps are so much more smooth(type 1s had over 10k miles on them so that has some to do with it)
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
        i have them there dampening system works well but not near as good as koni yellows just changed from type 1s to yellows with tokico springs and the bumps are so much more smooth(type 1s had over 10k miles on them so that has some to do with it)
        coilover owns shock/spring.
        and there i go again

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          and there i go again
          i have been mixed between the two for a while now

at first i was liking the full bodied setup(reason why i purchased the type 1's) but they don't make many with quality dampers that are on par with yellows or bilstein that i would want to purchase

i believe there are a few names that have been thrown around but can't ever remember them
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

...waiting for review......waiting for review......waiting for review...
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

and there i go again
              That's a very bolt and ignorant statement. What defines a "coilover" to you? Technically every suspension for the CB7 is a "coilover" configuration. That is, the spring goes over the shock.

So if I have some Koni yellows custom valved for 800lbs/in front and 650lbs/in rear, shortened 20mm, and install coilover sleeves with hypercoil springs, torrington bearings, and tender springs, it isn't as good because why?
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@ $300 for the fronts, and $350 for the rears, they could be made of gold, and make the car do 1.2g in the slalom and this is without the spring, because if your are going with this type of shock, you just cant put neuspeed race
                so, lets say another $300 for the springs

for $530, you can get some decent suspension, that you can adjust height, and spring rate, and will absolutely improve the handling of the car

your setup would be overkill for most people here, im pretty sure if the suspension were penis sizes stock suspension would be a 3.5, F&F would be 8, your setup would be a 13.9

yeah 13.9 would be nice but some just wouldnt know what to do with it

Comment

ive never had koni yellows but im thinking full coilovers are higher quality but that just what i think cause most real high end cars rarley use strut/spring combo

Comment

@ $300 for the fronts, and $350 for the rears, they could be made of gold, and make the car do 1.2g in the slalom and this is without the spring, because if your are going with this type of shock, you just cant put neuspeed race
                    so, lets say another $300 for the springs

for $530, you can get some decent suspension, that you can adjust height, and spring rate, and will absolutely improve the handling of the car

your setup would be overkill for most people here, im pretty sure if the suspension were penis sizes stock suspension would be a 3.5, F&F would be 8, your setup would be a 13.9

yeah 13.9 would be nice but some just wouldnt know what to do with it
                    I was only commenting on your statement that coilovers "own" spring/shock combos.

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                    ive never had koni yellows but im thinking full coilovers are higher quality but that just what i think cause most real high end cars rarley use strut/spring combo
                    This is so far from the truth.

Tell me, if I buy an off the shelf Koni yellow and put a 2.5" diameter eibach race spring on a threaded sleeve over the Koni, what's the difference between it and a "full coilover"? Nothing.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love my F&F Type 1's but make sure you get some anti-seize on the threads because after a week of mine being on the locking collar on the rear seized up so now I'm going to have to use some force to get it free..

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

and there i go again
                        I will keep my full length spring and adjustable perches, thank you very much.

If you can live without infinite adjust-ability I recommend a full spring. If not get a koni and put a coil-over sleeve on it, at least that way you will have a great strut that has a lifetime warranty, and is rebuild-able.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

and with the FNF if you adjust under the spring, changing the spring rate, you extremely VOID the warranty.

That is the first thing FNF looks at and several members had problems getting them replaced.
                          The spring rate is set and once you change it - VOID.

Def keep that in mind. Anti-seize is always a good idea.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                            I will keep my full length spring and adjustable perches, thank you very much.

If you can live without infinite adjust-ability I recommend a full spring. If not get a koni and put a coil-over sleeve on it, at least that way you will have a great strut that has a lifetime warranty, and is rebuild-able.
                            having warranty on suspension goes both ways
                            when unit is sold, warranty voids
                            when they blow on the owners hands the company will warranty
                            to warranty, you have to pay for the shipping
                            also, if this is your daily you have to take them out and send them
                            needing, extra struts
                            some keep their olds, some dont
                            it takes you about 1-2 hours, plus your car is going to be down
                            still stand my ground

Comment

How does having a warrantee go both ways? There is never a disadvantage to having a warrantee. You can say whatever you want, and believe whatever you want, that is up to you, but you should have some facts to back up your beliefs.

The main advantages one piece coil over strut suspension setups are supposed to have is a spring and strut matched to each other, so you should not need the rebound adjust ability, and also increased structural strength from being a single piece.

There are also many disadvantages as well. Using a threaded strut to adjust height often means using a much shorter spring leading to requiring stiffer springs. This not only reduces ride comfort, but also can reduce performance. Yes there is such a thing as too stiff of a spring.

Having the ability to be slamed is nice, but most of the struts on them are not meant to be dropped that low and there for get blown. Or require extended top hats to be that low.

With a single piece, you cannot switch springs for different scenarios and most of the ones ypu can buy for put cars are not shock dyno'd anyway, so you then need to get one with adjustable valving, this puts you in the same situation as not running 1 piece.

I am not against coilover one piece setups, but the ones that offer benefits over a good strut and spring combo are very expensive and other than height adjustment don't offer much in return. If you use a coilover sleeve and spring then you then have the height adjustment as well.

Something to think about.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X