when unit is sold, warranty voids
    when they blow on the owners hands the company will warranty
    to warranty, you have to pay for the shipping
    also, if this is your daily you have to take them out and send them
    needing, extra struts
    some keep their olds, some dont
    it takes you about 1-2 hours, plus your car is going to be down
    still stand my ground
    With F&F's Peace of mind warranty they just send you a new coilover! no wait time!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

not what they say

http://www.f2autolife.com/warranty-policy

One year and you send it to them first.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
        @ $300 for the fronts, and $350 for the rears, they could be made of gold, and make the car do 1.2g in the slalom and this is without the spring, because if your are going with this type of shock, you just cant put neuspeed race
        so, lets say another $300 for the springs

for $530, you can get some decent suspension, that you can adjust height, and spring rate, and will absolutely improve the handling of the car

your setup would be overkill for most people here, im pretty sure if the suspension were penis sizes stock suspension would be a 3.5, F&F would be 8, your setup would be a 13.9

yeah 13.9 would be nice but some just wouldnt know what to do with it
        where are you finding type 1s at $530??? Hell at that price Ill pick them up instead of the koni's i was going to get

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post

very true

Comment

fnf ftw
            back at it again

Comment

Izzy is running them in his wagon. Apparently loves them.

Edit: damn it he beat me to it.

I myself am saving up to buy a set of Type 1's. Cannot wait! It'll make my now boring CB seemingly a little less boring.
              Plus after serving her lifetime as a highway-driver the struts (and I'm not sure how old they are, no) are getting tired. I am a little concerned about living on such a shitty back dirt road though. But gonna bite the bullet and try.

No but srsly. I hear FF is the tits, at least well worth what you pay for them. Any decent suspension setup will run you upwards of $500ish depending heavily on the specific types of driving you may do. And mndude knows his stuff. Any suspension questions he'd be one of the first I'd go to.
              Last edited by DJ metadelic; 04-20-2011, 07:53 PM.

life is good.

Comment

Konis & Bilstiens are heads and shoulders above FnFs, no question about it

If u care about stanzzzzzzzz then yea fully adjustable coilovers own.

But a good spring/shock combo will ride better.

If ride height is that important (who the fuck is changing their ride height all the time anyway) get GCs. GC + Koni Yellow is like $1000, not big $$$
                Last edited by gloryaccordy; 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  Tell me, if I buy an off the shelf Koni yellow and put a 2.5" diameter eibach race spring on a threaded sleeve over the Koni, what's the difference between it and a "full coilover"? Nothing.
                  yep

It still seen as a professional bodge to some people.

They will learn though.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                  UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                  NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I stated the Peace of mind one.

http://www.f2autolife.com/peace-mind-plan

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                    where are you finding type 1s at $530??? Hell at that price Ill pick them up instead of the koni's i was going to get
                    I got my Type 1's for 550 shipped from weaksauce I just asked for a Honda-tech discount and they didn't even ask if I had an account or anything.

Last edited by vietkid_2006; 04-21-2011, 01:55 AM.

Comment

the people talked
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

man im loving these coilovers guyes rides amazing though

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                          I stated the Peace of mind one.

http://www.f2autolife.com/peace-mind-plan

I got my Type 1's for 550 shipped from weaksauce I just asked for a Honda-tech discount and they didn't even ask if I had an account or anything.

Was that shipped???? Wow thats a good price!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
                            Was that shipped???? Wow thats a good price!
                            I did say shipped

Comment

How does having a warrantee go both ways? There is never a disadvantage to having a warrantee. You can say whatever you want, and believe whatever you want, that is up to you, but you should have some facts to back up your beliefs.

The main advantages one piece coil over strut suspension setups are supposed to have is a spring and strut matched to each other, so you should not need the rebound adjust ability, and also increased structural strength from being a single piece.

There are also many disadvantages as well. Using a threaded strut to adjust height often means using a much shorter spring leading to requiring stiffer springs. This not only reduces ride comfort, but also can reduce performance. Yes there is such a thing as too stiff of a spring.

Having the ability to be slamed is nice, but most of the struts on them are not meant to be dropped that low and there for get blown. Or require extended top hats to be that low.

With a single piece, you cannot switch springs for different scenarios and most of the ones ypu can buy for put cars are not shock dyno'd anyway, so you then need to get one with adjustable valving, this puts you in the same situation as not running 1 piece.

I am not against coilover one piece setups, but the ones that offer benefits over a good strut and spring combo are very expensive and other than height adjustment don't offer much in return. If you use a coilover sleeve and spring then you then have the height adjustment as well.

Something to think about.
                              I agree with you. I think that comfort is in the eye of the beholder and I think it is as much physical as it is psychological in most cases. Yes some people will "feel" the difference in either setup but if you blindly put someone in three different setups (springs and strut, coilover sleeve and strut, and full coilover) and send them out to drive most people would enjoy the coilover sleeve more. I know what everyone is going to say, my cousins, brothers, uncles, friend has X setup and my car outhandles his car..... there are so many other factors in comparing setups to cars that are 21-18 years old or even different chassis that I can't begin to even start that discussion.

Now if they know what they are driving most people would say whatever suspension setup they like the most, that it the psychological part of this. It's the cool thing to do, its fun, its easy, there's no spring rate matching involved, they can brag to friends who don't know better, and most "VERY" good setups are full coilovers.

I have four cars and I'm lucky enough to have four different setups. I have a stock suspension RSX-S, my CB-7 with lowering spring setup with slightly upgraded struts, an Integra GS-R with a full coilover (slightly track abused), and I have an EVO 9 with fully threaded struts (JRZ double adjustables with external reservoir and Hypercoil springs, HEAVILY track abused) For me the most fun I have is in the EVO of course but the best ride is definitely the Accord, but they are all good in they're own ways.

The only full coilover suspension I like for a street car is AMR Engineering. They custom make the suspension to what you want out of the car, you can pick your spring rates, they valve it for those rates, they come with Hypercoil spring (some of the best springs you will find) and the best part is, you get a lifetime warranty. You get the best of all worlds, comfort, the ability to adjust, the ability to upgrade prings later, and a full lifetime warranty.

I'm in no way associated with AMR, just someone who loves the product.

Just my $.02
                              Last edited by olock13bt; 04-23-2011, 09:58 AM.
                              1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

I have had a range of suspensions... the only non "official" full body coils I would go with are Nex GTs, I had the Nex SSs and they were decent enough for a daily driver. A *little* underdamped, but the GTs would take care of that

But to me, it just makes no sense not to get the most for your money, and for our cars you can't beat GC + Koni Yellows. No you won't be able to slam or STANZZZZ it, but it will ride + handle 1000000000000000000000000000x better than damn near anything else available and it doesn't even cost that much more. Same with the Tokico RAK coilovers which is a sleeper setup for cheap ($900!) that gets pretty low. U gotta think, there's more to a "good" setup than how low it can get. If a manufacturer can't stand behind some shock dynos 9 times out of 10 u want nothing to do with their suspension shit.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X