Newer Accord Guage Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer Accord Guage Cluster

So Here I go modding the Cb7 again! My friend owns a 2006 Honda accord that makes me super jealous, I have already modded a 1998 Honda accord insturment cluster into my Cb7, 1998 prelude seats, 2003 Honda Civic steering wheel in to my car... But with that said I want to keep going and Mod A

2003 Honda Accord Steering wheel (just need the airbag or airbag cover)
    2004 Honda Accord Guage Cluster.

with the 2000 Honda Accord guage cluster, Honda decide to rout the tempature sensor wire to the ecu then up to the guages so by default when you hook in a 2000 cluster to our cars it reads hot constantly. Is there a wire that runs to our ECU so maybe w could tag it to make it read right or what are your ideas, other than scrapping the Idea?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

check the diys i know there was a thread on it.

also 2004 one probably wont work properly because its can bus
    wat?

Comment

I know the technology is FAR advanced for our older cars but I would still guess at least the lights, Speedometer, Tac (granted its from a 4cyl) would read unless by that point everything runs from the ECU. all I know is the highest compatible installed one I know of is the S2000 cluster which I guess fits decently but that cluster still does not match a 03-06 Accord. I will go and see how the S2000 one was wired into a Cb7 and see if that can bring any pointers to my question above

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

to give you some direction, a lot of civic people have done the S2k swaps AND wrote up DIYs. so they'll have wiring diagrams.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Dang I burnt something on the board and so now this is all it will do and the blinker lights and indicators will light up with either negitive or positive charges SMH

Il probably try again later when I have done the research thourgholy..
          I Thought it would work out better since I had the CG cluster in already, but what gets me is when i did my first cluster into my 91 it fit fine with just a little modification. This one didn't fit for anything and the CG one doesn't fit without cracking the plastic panel. Idk what honda did or if my car was in a accedent but the brace for the steering wheel underneeth the cluster is too fat to accept a cluster like that

Still on my quest to see this
          every time i get into the car

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
            Dang I burnt something on the board and so now this is all it will do and the blinker lights and indicators will light up with either negitive or positive charges SMH

Il probably try again later when I have done the research thourgholy..
            I Thought it would work out better since I had the CG cluster in already, but what gets me is when i did my first cluster into my 91 it fit fine with just a little modification. This one didn't fit for anything and the CG one doesn't fit without cracking the plastic panel. Idk what honda did or if my car was in a accedent but the brace for the steering wheel underneeth the cluster is too fat to accept a cluster like that

Still on my quest to see this
            every time i get into the car
            that looks really good in there. Its very hard to do the wiring with different clusters were there isnt many wiring diagrams online for cluster swaps. When i did the s2k cluster i ended using the wiring diagrams from the s2000/accord and some civic/integra to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
            X