Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Change Of Plans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Of Plans!!!

I Got A 91 F22a4 Coupe And Im Just Thinking About Leaving The A4 Motor In And Just Building That Up But Who Knows Of A Shop That Works On The Sohc Non Vtec Motors And Turns Them Into Works Of Art Lol... Anyways I Want To Know Who And Where To Get My Motor Rebuilt And A Website That Has The Parts To Upgrade My Motor??? Thanks
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

I Was Gonna Go H22 But I Just Thought Why Not Build The Hell Out Of My A4 And See Wut That Can Put Out I Mean If I Have To Ill Buy Parts From Cali Or Japan But I Want To See Wut That Motor Can Do Everyone Is Swapping Motors Out I Just Want To Turn My A4 Into A Beast

Comment

well for starters do you mind not capitalizing every word? it's rather annoying trying to read what you type with the first letter of every word capitalized.

anyways back on topic, everyone who is going to reply here is more than likely say, get a better intake, upgrade the header and exhaust. a better breathing engine will perform better.

also someone will more than likely say slap on a turbo or do a 50 shot as it's cheaper compared to a turbo but prolly just as fast.

Comment

my bad didnt kno that was happening but maybe i would put an h head on the block but which one would fit the best and be the cheapest? i have alot of work to do and a swap right now wouldnt help me out it would just put more stress on the car and me! ( I need axle boots, tires, motor mounts, radiator support,hood latch, etc...) just whoever is parting out a car with these parts or anymore then let me know but like i was saying would h head would fit better and be the the cheapest? let me know

Comment

anyone hav any insight at all? something to get me in the right direction

Comment

u should try f22parts.com they have a stroker kit but it cost sum money. well if i had the money i would buy it im stickin with my f22 cuz i want turbo and h22's have carbon metalic sleeves and they dont handle boost.
            cant wait till im all done

Comment

yeah i know the feeling, theres a burgundy accord my buddy has that i want to buy for 600 but i have to replace a bunch of things on it before i can get it running. so many things i want to do with it but funding is kinda limiting.

also i don't want to spend all of my savings because i wanted to move out next fall.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 91f22a4philly
                  anyone hav any insight at all? something to get me in the right direction
                  Start with the H22 swap, it'd take proabably about 2g's to get your f22a4 to the level of performance that the H22 is at with bolt-ons/headwork/chipped ecu.

And just swapping on a H22 head, does not make your engine equal to an H22. Search, search, search.....I'm sure that others will make a similar recommendation.
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yea i kno that it would take lots of $$$ to get my a4 to put out the same hp as an h22 but i just thought b4 i thought about a swap i could learn as much as possible from the a4. i just want to expand my knowledge and find out wut setups are good. y buy an h22 now try diff setups on that motor spend mad money and blow something id rather just do it to an f first then find wut does and doesnt work an then wen the time is rite go to an h

Comment

Originally posted by 91f22a4philly
                      yea i kno that it would take lots of $$$ to get my a4 to put out the same hp as an h22 but i just thought b4 i thought about a swap i could learn as much as possible from the a4. i just want to expand my knowledge and find out wut setups are good. y buy an h22 now try diff setups on that motor spend mad money and blow something id rather just do it to an f first then find wut does and doesnt work an then wen the time is rite go to an h
                      Learn from other's mods/mistakes, and concede to the obvious....you WANT an H22. Don't spend thousands modifying an F22 to attain H22 performance, when you can have the real deal and the reliablility is there. I thought what you're thinking now, just do mild stuff until you can order an engine bro.

If you're so convinced you want to do the f22 thing, then do it..... There are multiple "built f22" threads in the performance n/a section.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i thought the f22 had a lower compression ratio then the h22 hence better suited for a turbo and a longer life less stress ? or is that not the case i mean i know they have kits to lower compression but i just thought it was easier to sart with lower compression just like if a car came turbo'd from factory it would be easier to add a diff turbo or intercooler etc...you know wut im still learning so any advice or knowledge i dont have will be fully embraced

Comment

just get an h22a

dude, just get an h22a4 and rebuilt it stock. you can use mahle pistons which require no re-sleeving and save you time and money. or you could get some type s pistons and get over 200 hp. plus parts for the h22a have a ton more aftermarket support. i have a rebuilt f22a and it cost too much..just get youself a new h22a and call it at that. check out hmotors online..just trying to save you A TON OF TIME AND MONEY!

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
                            dude, just get an h22a4

Why H22a4? OBDII -> OBDI is a PITA and just picking up a JDM H22a that's OBDI totally avoids like 90% of that headache.

Plus H22a4 motors usually have higher mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Why H22a4? OBDII -> OBDI is a PITA and just picking up a JDM H22a that's OBDI totally avoids like 90% of that headache.

Plus H22a4 motors usually have higher mileage.
                              very true go hmotors online and make sure he gives you a good motor. I really dont like steve too much anymore for what he did to me last time that cause my whole situation but he did get it right. Get an h22 dont bother trying to build the f those are mainly skeetmotors for travel and boostage.

Comment

Working...
                              X