maybe its something/maybe not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe its something/maybe not

my car vibrates at highs speeds is that something to worry about or is it normal
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Well hows your wheel balance, alignment? Tie rods and such could be worn any worn bushings around the front suspension area can cause that to happen.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

shit
      i neva even thought of that see the sound was coming from the doors and the right half of the dashboard but i will look into that thanks

Comment

tires, tie rods, bad axles, bearings, balljoints, alignment... can be caused by many different things....

when you say the car vibrates at high speeds, can you elaborate? only when accelerating? only at certain RPMs? does just the car vibrate, or can you feel it in the steering wheel?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok it kicks in at around 65 and its coming mostly from the passenger door and left side of the dash i mean there is a little vibration from my door but mainly from the other side and its like wen im speedind up but even wen i hold that speed there is still alittle vibration

Comment

change your tires

Comment

damn man. ur car still beat up? need help fixin it?
              it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

try to get a wheel balance
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

for starters, you're more likely to win the lottery than fix a vibration with an alignment.

the joints in the front end (inner/outer tie rods, ball joints, etc) don't even absorb vibration so it makes no sense that a failing joint would increase vibration.

the only time i saw wheels literally skipping with a loose tie rod was when they were toed out 5" each (he did a swap and just hung them back on, no excuse for it really) but that was because his tires were literally going down the road parallel to it

sometimes, your tires won't balance well enough on a regular machine (spins them 35mph) so you'll have to "high speed" balance them (usually spins around 60mph).
                  sometimes, people are just more forgiving and a small vibration goes unnoticed at low speeds but is worse and more noticeable up high.

cheap cars also vibrate more too. my old lexus sc400 didn't feel or sound like my civic inside. they use layer upon layer to absorb sound and vibration in more expensive cars.
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Working...
                  X