PC show off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
    Hows that RAM running? I'm curious because the i7's on board memory controller tops out at 1600mhz.
    You know the only real performance gain is in video decoding and it's a very very marginal one at that. In benchmark it does show and shaves a few seconds off between 1600 and 2400, when doing long videos that time can add up really quick. As for gaming nothing to shake a stick at really.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Just upgraded from my twin MSI GTX670 PE's to this bad boy the MSI GTX980Ti Lightning...now I have the CoolerMaster HAF-X so you know my case is massive and look how much space this card takes up haha

First of all look at this case it came in... I think they went a bit overboard don't you?

fitment

It was maybe half a MM from not being able to fit because of the sata cables, so I will be moving my 2TB drive from the hot swap bay to the lower bays so i can eliminate a sata cable there lol this thing is a giant and takes 2x8pin connectors and a 6 pin connector to power it even though it only uses 250w which is the same as all the other 980ti's, but so far every game I have played except for arma games like DayZ, Arma 3 etc I have only gotten the GPU usage up to 35-40% if I use V-sync haha and if I don't then yeah my FPS is 2-300 on those games haha and on CS:GO it was nearing 500 until I set the limit in game to 300 haha...but now I need to upgrade my CPU, MB and ram to open up the bottle neck and so i can run DayZ better since I am only getting around 50-60 fps when I am out of towns looking at the ground....the sad thing is I want another to SLI but I will have to wait for the price to drop so I don't thrown down another $800 on just a GPU again

My new setup will be this when I am done buying the cpu, mb, and ram

Intel i7 6700k/6770k OC to 5-5.5GHz
      which ever MB I find appealing
      some DDR4 ram
      MSI GTX980Ti Lightning
      all on liquid except the GPU since it doesn't even get above 60c atm even when its at 99% usage
      256GB SSD for OS and 3 main games
      2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HHD
      1000W PSU( I currently have a 850W PSU but its 6years old and I want to replace it asap )

all this before I move to KC MO in a year, I just want to get it good enough to handle the next 5-10 years per my expectations
      Last edited by almostJDM; 10-27-2015, 12:39 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I just bought a new computer. I had thought about building, but at the pricepoint I was working with, it wasn't reasonable.

Dell XPS 8900
        Core i7 6700 6th Gen
        24 GB DDR4 2133MHz
        1 TB HDD
        NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 730 2GB DDR3 video
        7.1 Integrated Sound
        27" Samsung Monitor
        Older Logitech Z5300e THX 5.1 speakers

The PC was on sale for $699, the extra ram was $99 and the monitor was $249. Felt like that was a pretty decent setup at that price point.

I plan on going SSD for the OS at some point and maybe throwing another TB drive into it for a redundant backup of my music/photos. I've got the photos and music that matters backed up on my netbook and I still have an older external HDD that has a bunch of backups too.

Comment

Specs:

Intel 6th gen i7-6700k CPU
          Gigabyte z170x-UD5 motherboard
          G. Skill Ripjaws V series DDR4 RAM 16GB @ 3000Mhz
          Corsair full modular 650 watt PSU
          MSI R9 380 4GB 256 bit GPU
          Crucial/Micron 256GB SSD for OS
          WD 1TB Black drive for storage
          Coolermaster 212+ CPU cooler in push/pull config
          Antec 900 case
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
            I'll play too

Robert, I out beat ya.

Nah, I'll show ya later what I have.
            For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
              Robert, I out beat ya.

Nah, I'll show ya later what I have.
              I have an update to my setup! Deff would like to see what you have going on these days!
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
              X