Cheddas Auto billet rear top hat group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final payment sent.

BTW how would you go about enlarging the hole on your green bushings to fit my koni yellows?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      Final payment sent.

BTW how would you go about enlarging the hole on your green bushings to fit my koni yellows?
      You can simply drill them with a press. I wouldn't try to do it in a vise with hand tools. The shaft on the koni is probably 16mm and you could probably get away with a 5/8 inch drill.
      Last edited by chedda_jsauto; 06-15-2016, 11:40 PM.

Comment

just curious, is there a certain way to ensure the threaded part doesn't loosen? perhaps loctite?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          just curious, is there a certain way to ensure the threaded part doesn't loosen? perhaps loctite?
          Yes of course. I am going to likely ship them out either with a small bottle of loctite or do it myself before it leaves the shop. It is a good hold. I made the mistake of tightening one set together as tight as I could by hand, had to use the lathe and a cheater bar just to break it loose.

Comment

Originally posted by chedda_jsauto View Post
            You can simply drill them with a press. I wouldn't try to do it in a vise with hand tools. The shaft on the koni is probably 16mm and you could probably get away with a 9/16 inch drill.

Thank you! Just need to find someone with a drill press then.

Comment

5/8" not 9/16". Just measure and check. If you are good with a drill it wont be over sizes. Just be carefull. I can always machine you a set if need be.

Locked up 4 sets today for the pre orders. Really hoping we hear from the other people to make this a revenue neutral set up.

Shipping out the ones who have paid already.

Thank you!

Comment

Are you still missing initial deposits from some people? PM me or Facebook message me the list of those who you're waiting on.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by chedda_jsauto View Post
                  5/8" not 9/16". Just measure and check. If you are good with a drill it wont be over sizes. Just be carefull. I can always machine you a set if need be.

Locked up 4 sets today for the pre orders. Really hoping we hear from the other people to make this a revenue neutral set up.

Shipping out the ones who have paid already.

Thank you!

Ok thank you! How much would another set of green bushings with a larger hole? I still have the other set I got from you like 2 years ago.

Comment

If you can measure a set of the koni shafts and I will machine you a set and we can exchange.

5 sets shipped out today. Thanks everyone.
                    Last edited by chedda_jsauto; 06-17-2016, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Koni shafts are 12mm, stock ones are 10mm.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Shafts yes. Sleeves are the important parts.

Comment

Received the extended rear top hats yesterday! Looks great!. I will be posting a picture later.

Thanks again Jordan!

Comment

Anybody that has purchased these, have you installed them yet?

Comment

I still haven't. They're sitting on the floor in my study next to the Ground Control coils. One of these days this summer, hopefully.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X