Lets talk spring rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
    Sounds like a plan man. Finally someone doing it right instead of just throwing a set of coils on and thinkin its the greatest thing haha.
    You mean generic coilovers aren't the greatest things in the world?

I'm just curious why you would want 500f 750r? that is a pretty large gap in between the two. Most of the track cars I know or work in normally run a 100-150 gap, but then again none of them are cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
      What? Provide a meaningful comment or I will delete this.
      Biter aka copy cat. I told you about the setup I wanted last week, and now all the sudden you want bilsteins and custom spring rates

lol, just giving you shit puta.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I've been thinking about a ground control/koni yellow setup with custom rates for awhile as well.

The Neuspeed race springs are in fact 485F and 300R, as I called Neuspeed direct and asked.

I wonder why the rear is so much softer when a stiffer rear eliminates more understeer on the cb7.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          Biter aka copy cat. I told you about the setup I wanted last week, and now all the sudden you want bilsteins and custom spring rates

lol, just giving you shit puta.
          Bitch please, I have been thinking about Bilsteins for a while. Mainly because they gots a big shop 30 minutes from my house.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            I wonder why the rear is so much softer when a stiffer rear eliminates more understeer on the cb7.
            Because most cars understeer from the factory, and to avoid liability the aftermarket manufactures generally make the rear softer, so it is similar to oem.

Comment

Those are some crazy rates man. What kind of chassis reenforcement do you have?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Those are some crazy rates man. What kind of chassis reenforcement do you have?
                Just a front strut bar right now. I will add a rear one before I get these springs.

Are you implying that the chassis cannot handle these without a roll-cage?
                Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Springs, I am going to go with Ground Control coilovers which use stock Eibach race springs

Once I get the rates figured out I am going to have a set of Bilsteins custom valved to match the rates.
                  Very nice.
                  I would think strut/sway bars should be a good start. Maybe down the road you could think about a trunk brace of some sort, but full on roll cages get pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                    Very nice.
                    I would think strut/sway bars should be a good start. Maybe down the road you could think about a trunk brace of some sort, but full on roll cages get pretty expensive.
                    Trunk brace is not an option, it would be illegal in my class. Roll-cages and roll bars however are not, and are actually encouraged by SCCA.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Just a front strut bar right now. I will add a rear one before I get these springs.

Are you implying that the chassis cannot handle these without a roll-cage?
                      Naw wasn't saying that at all. But with those rates on a DD you need the chassis to be as stiff as you can get it. What about a sub frame chassis brace?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Naw wasn't saying that at all. But with those rates on a DD you need the chassis to be as stiff as you can get it. What about a sub frame chassis brace?
                        That little tie-bar that everyone says is shit?

I am sure I can find little ways of stiffening things up. But, the strut tower braces will be made of some heavy shit, I can assure you that.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                          You mean generic coilovers aren't the greatest things in the world?

I'm just curious why you would want 500f 750r? that is a pretty large gap in between the two. Most of the track cars I know or work in normally run a 100-150 gap, but then again none of them are cb7.
                          Off the shelf ones...such as TEin which IMO is crap. You overpay what you get and its not that great. The big gap is an issue but it shouldnt be too bad if his car really needs it. I havent driven a cb with a progress RSB so I cant comment how much oversteer it gets but my car has some off throttle oversteer if I go into a turn too hot...found that out going through a light and thats from a heavy ass tl.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Tein is crap. Period. They're overpriced, and so not worth the money. But the others I find pretty good for off-the-shelf coilovers. I remember when D2 first came out, it outperformed Tein SS like there's no tomorrow...And after that out come the Megan Racing coilovers (N1 EX-V equivalent) and now BC Racing coilovers, both can be ordered with custom spring rates and they will do the custom shock valving according to those custom spring rates...Monotube shocks (44mm and 46mm), pillowball tops, great adjustability, affordable for true coilovers..Can't complain!!

As for Progress RSB..Like I said, haven't experienced understeer ever since I installed it on my car!

Anyways, G-Man, for the front spring rates, do you want them to be soft? Because I feel that my 14K (780lbs/in) front springs are still a bit too soft for my driving...I'm thinking that 16K front and 10K rear will be ideal, but maybe it's a different story when it comes to auto-crossing?

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

That little tie-bar that everyone says is shit?

I am sure I can find little ways of stiffening things up. But, the strut tower braces will be made of some heavy shit, I can assure you that.
                              Naw

Sub frame

They go a long way in stiffening shit up... I'm gonna get a set made on my next car

Comment

Naw

Sub frame

They go a long way in stiffening shit up... I'm gonna get a set made on my next car
                                i've seen one of those on a friends miata @ a scca event in texas. I mean it outperformed out all the miatas without the underbody subframe/brace. either you do it yourself or buy it either way its going to be pretty expensive.
                                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                                X