Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to increase idle when it is cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increase idle when it is cold?

When it is dead cold and freezing outside it idles around 1400 rpm's. I want to increase this to about 1800rpms. How do i do this? FICV am assuming controls this. Or is it something else?

You're talking about the initial idle just after starting? Assuming everything is working correctly otherwise (does idle drop to about 750 when warm?), open the top of the FITV and unscrew the pale yellow piston about 1/2 turn, then put the cover back on. If that is not enough, you can back it out some more.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yeah everything works ok i just want to increase the cold idle as it takes 15 or more minutes for it to warm up when it cold.

Comment

As mentioned above, you can adjust the Fast Idle Thermal Valve to reach your desired cold idle RPM. Make your adjustments in small 1/2 turn increments.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Let us know what u end up doing bud

Comment

Originally posted by 7beast View Post
            Cleaned out my iacv very well and adjusted my fitv. Idle much better now at about 1800 when cold. Still not a perfect idle. It's a little sluggish trying to start when dead cold but most would say it is working close to perfection.I think i need to clean my throttle body too. That's this weekend maybe.

Comment

I Had A Hanes Manual

I use to mess with idle a lot from what i remember the instructions went like this.

1. with the engine off remove the radio or memory fuse from the fuse box under the hood.

2. disconnect iacv (a 2 pin connector on intake manifold somewhere in the center)

3. Locate the idle adjustment on the throttle body in the top center portion. its a flat head. if never tampered with it has like a little sealant over it to prevent it to get loose.

4. start car and adjust to desired rpm.

5. shut engine off reconnect fuse and iacv .

6 start car observe idle.

this is assuming that your fiv and, vacuum lines , and throttle cable adjustments are OK. IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING OR SOMETHING IS WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME , ITS BEEN A WHILE.

NEXT TIPS ON IDLE FOR F22, H22, AND H23.

The dreaded bogging idle up and down.

1. make sure cooling system is free from air and is topped off.
              2. primary suspect on h22 throttle bodies. the fast idle valve is located on the bottom of the throttle body. remove the body and unscrew the gold cap . tighten clockwise the white plastic ring. put back together and wallah.

3. on the f seies intake manifolds the fiv is located on the top right of intake manifold.
              a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
              out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post

NEXT TIPS ON IDLE FOR F22, H22, AND H23.

The dreaded bogging idle up and down.

1. make sure cooling system is free from air and is topped off.
                2. primary suspect on h22 throttle bodies. the fast idle valve is located on the bottom of the throttle body. remove the body and unscrew the gold cap . tighten clockwise the white plastic ring. put back together and wallah.

3. on the f seies intake manifolds the fiv is located on the top right of intake manifold.
                He is not having trouble with the idle when warmed up.

The correct way to fix it is to replace the o-ring on the white/yellow piston inside the FITV and the one under the cover, then adjust it as described in earlier posts. Tightening the piston all the way down significantly affects (reduces) the initial idle when cold.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

There was also 2 coolant leaks in separate places. That might of had something to do with it also. Not sure that would cause it unless the pressure was really low. Is idling correctly for the most part. Anything above 1800 rpm's just makes it a wierd shift until it warms up. So i think i am keeping the fitv at 1700 rpm's when dead cold(below freezing outside).

Comment

Originally posted by 7beast View Post
                    So i cleaned the iacv valve and adjusted the fitv. Idle was mostly ok. It still sometimes would slightly be erradic. Then i found a rear exchange radiator hose leak and fixed that. Idle became perfectomento. It was a small to medium leak in the rear hose. I have no ideal the name. Evidently that one i think has more to do with idle than the other major 2 but who knows. Am guessing.

Comment

Working...
                    X