Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Good luck with the race !
    We started this morning in about 40something place. Jason got us up to 17th! before he had to come in for a noise. It was loose lug nuts on the left rear. Dennis and I swear we torqued those. We spent most of the day between 50th and 70th. We finsihed it up in 62nd. If we can be consistent tomorrow we could beat our best finish!

I wrote a more detailed summary of the day here:
    https://picknpullracing.wordpress.com/2018/12/01/end-of-saturday-62nd-place/
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Great race Mike! I wish I would've been able to find you in the pits and say Hi, but it was hectic as always

I found some video of me following you for a bit Saturday morning around noon:
      https://youtu.be/R9g7AtvcHAg?t=3144
      around 52:20

I'll have better quality footage later, this is the live-stream we were broadcasting

We ended up 13th overall and 3rd in B with the BMW. But I'd rather be driving the CB7

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
        Great race Mike! I wish I would've been able to find you in the pits and say Hi, but it was hectic as always

We ended up 13th overall and 3rd in B with the BMW. But I'd rather be driving the CB7
        I saw the car rolling by on the trailer when it arrived. I jumped on the pit bike and tried to chase, but I lost you. Saw the car out there on the track a few times though. 13th and 3rd in B class is great!
        M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

My Fast Lap

This is my fast lap and for the first time in our 10 race history I had the team fast lap, and it is our record at Sonoma. Basically I got lucky and had soooo much open track, and I realized it at the time, so I focused on using the whole track and not breaking too late, just driving it smooth.

Comment

My Fast Lap

This is my fast lap and for the first time in our 10 race history I had the team fast lap, and it is our record at Sonoma. Basically I got lucky and had soooo much open track, and I realized it at the time, so I focused on using the whole track and not breaking too late, just driving it smooth.

https://youtu.be/eGfMpmOj0O4

Comment

Great driving! I like your line through 3 and 3a, I'll have to try that.

I can't believe you had such a clear track, that's insane!

My only advice would be that you could maybe hold more speed through 8 and 8a, you don't need to brake or let off there, and to try holding your hands at 9-3 and not 10-2. You'll have better control.

Comment

That was awesome to watch and thanks for sharing!

- How do you know what your rpms are?
                - How do you know when to shift?
                - Does the steering wheel feel too small ? haha
                - Do you wish you had more power?

Comment

Great driving! I like your line through 3 and 3a, I'll have to try that.

I can't believe you had such a clear track, that's insane!

My only advice would be that you could maybe hold more speed through 8 and 8a, you don't need to brake or let off there, and to try holding your hands at 9-3 and not 10-2. You'll have better control.
                  The cool thing about that line in 3-3a is that you can use it to end up on the right of the downhill quickly which often gets the pass or at least puts you on the inside of 4.

I'd be scared to not lift in before the last left side apex in the esses. The last ess is a fast full four wheel drift already.

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post

I'd be scared to not lift in before the last left side apex in the esses. The last ess is a fast full four wheel drift already.

Ahh yeah. Well as always, the key is to incrementally get faster until you're sliding out onto the curb crapping your pants

Did you try the 225/45-15 tires this race? I can't recommend them enough

Comment

Ahh yeah. Well as always, the key is to incrementally get faster until you're sliding out onto the curb crapping your pants

Did you try the 225/45-15 tires this race? I can't recommend them enough
                      We cannot do 15" wheels. Our Acura CL brakes require 16". We actually ran with the non-racy heavy 17" that came with the car and were fitted with slightly used bridgestone RE-11s. I really like those tires. I really want to try them in our normal 16" size.

Comment

Instrument cluster is dead

The day before our last race at tech our instrument cluster worked. The next morning it was dead. We quickly scanned for burnt fuses and found nothing. We raced without any guages.

Any ideas about what I should check? I hate electrical issues.

Comment

I spent much of yesterday at a picknpull in Windsor, CA pulling an intake manifold off of a Prelude SI, H23a1. Those guys tried to charge me for a 6/8 cyl intake manifold and an exhaust manifold. There was something else dishonest in there too. I got them to charge me for the right items. They charged me separately for the throttle body,the throttle position sensor, the egr valve, and the black box. Overall it was 150.

It was a total bear to remove too. The donor car was up so the that fender line was at my chest level, so I had to climb up on top of it to reach almost anything. The nuts on the bottom manifold studs were really hard to reach. I was lucky that I had an oddball box end wrench that I was able to get on each nut, but once I turned it about 10 degrees, I could not get any wrench or socket on them. I didn't want to try from below since there was a 2" deep puddle under the whole car. I eventually used a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to tap the corners of the nuts until they got loose then I used the same screwdriver to turn the nuts. The nut on the bottom bracket was also impossible to get to. I had to remove a lot of vacuum and heater hoses and the throttle body so I could fit my arm in there and get my short handle ratchet on it, but then I didn't have the strength to turn it at that weird angle. So I had to hold it in place and I got a screwdriver wedged in there to push against the handle. That broke it loose after dropping it all into the puddle below twice (then climbing down and fishing the tools out with my telescoping magnet).

I am not looking forward to replacing the one in the racecar. Lucky that our engine bay is a bit less crowded having removed all the coolant plumbing for the heater core.

Comment

Now that I have the intake manifold, I'll have to use the f22a6 computer to actuate the butterfly valves and that computer is tuned to the f22a6 camshaft. So I'm thinking camshafts. I've noticed that web cams and delta both offer regrinds if you say you have an a6 but not if you say you have an a1. Does anyone know if that means they need an a6 core to do the regrind? I'm not planning on getting a wild cam, probably just a delta 260 or a web 1125/273. I think either of those will run okay on the a6 computer with no tuning.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any physical experience with cams, but If I were to look for info I would look at jdm92_accorn's posts/ ride thread. From what I've read he has done all the leg work for making power for cheap with our engines using natural aspiration.
                              (Edit) Re-reading your post and reading the Web-Cam site, it seems you will most likely have to turn in an A6 cam or the specs may not be the same in the end product, but I could be wrong. Sorry I'm not more help, just trying to keep traffic up so someone who does know can chime in.
                              Last edited by SedanTom; 12-24-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Well I'm thinking like SedanTom. If an A1 cam were used as a donor for regrind it might not end up with the expected profile.

So I just bought a A6 camshaft off of ebay. I think l may just install it as is while I'm in there doing the intake manifold. I won't have the money for a regrind for some time. We'll see.

After this is done I will have completed the 30hp for $500 steps. Even though I paid less for my exhaust, the total cost was more than $500. JY prices are higher than what deevergote paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X