Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which size subs you prefer????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nickel is right about the boxes tuning. your box should be tailored to your sub, not the other way around. as far as my setup goes im at the sanding stage on my sealed box that will sit right up against my rear strut bar, im throwing 2 alpine typex subs in there. im gonna also run a 12" ported isobarik box that will sit on the other side of the beauty panel in my trunk. see my DIY link below if you wanna see what ive done so far.

the memphis subs pound, i never heard that about their amps but best buy doesnt carry memphis so i dont hear nothing about them anymore. im all about alpine. i love it! im goin with type r 6.5" components in the front doors in custom door pods and type r 6.5" in the back with custom pods also. then a alpine 9856 headunit. 4ch amp is already installed and either another 4 channel for the 2 10's or 2 2ch (they subs are individually sealed)

peace

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

ive got a rockford fosgate 15 and a 640 watt eclipse amp and two MTX 12s off of a 250x2 die hard amp. ive got some 8s too but no room to put them any where...
      Last edited by jacobuchanan140; 07-30-2006, 11:30 PM. Reason: put a "b" in "no"
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

I'm a raw bass kinda guy. I want the power there for me at my disposal. It's as easy as adjusting the sub woofer gain on your HU to attain your prefered style of play. It depends mainly on the mood but I rather know I have the power to rock the street and wake the neighbors and still at the flip of a switch, play it regularly..........that's just me.

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

punch p3 12" ftw!

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
          Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
          1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
            buy a sub today from RE that costs less than $300 MSRP and feed it less than 500wRMS and then come see who's sounds better an outperforms the other.
            Try the DIYMA 12". if you don't know what it is... DIYMA is Do it yourself Mobile audio.
            A car audio enthusiast started the forum DIYmobileaudio.com and designed his own 12" sub.
            I ordered back when it was on pre-order for $150. The coil will handle 1000rms, but really only needs 300rms to sound superb. A very well designed sub with great Kms and inductance curves.
            I forget what they are not pre-order but i think it's sub 300.
            He also made a 2" mid dome and is working on completing a 7" and 1" tweet.

Comment

found link...
              http://www.diymobileaudio.com/shop/p...products_id=32

it's 219.

Notice the cool magnets that use a similar arangement as the Focal's high end sub.

For anyone who is serious about car audio, this is a great forum. Creating a component system with custom drivers yields a very very good setup for a lot less than comercially available setups. Downside is you usually need to run an active crossover to set them up correctly. (for example. 2 dayton 7" Reference mids are $30 each, and 2 Vifa 1" tweets are also $32 each. the quality of these drivers would surpass comercial systems costing upwards of $400 no joke).

Comment

i have two MTX 12's.... sound great, I love em

Comment

Good news

Comment

I would prefer two 12 inch subs in a ported box with 4 way 6 x 9 speaker for
                    that perfect sound in your ride
                    Hey I am back again in 07 updating my page with some new mods for my ride. Hope you like them

Muffler: Flowtech Afterburner 2 in. inlet turbo muffler,and got a polished chrome tip for show

Sterio: pioneer DEH-2100 45wx4, Power Acoustik Hyper Bass Series 1920 watt amp, 2 Precision Audio 12's in a ported box and a pair of 200 watt audio pipe tweets under a 500 watt volfienhag amp spell for that ear shattering highs!!!

Comment

2 15's

always 2 15's they ground shaking bass is the sh*t

Comment

Can someone tell me which subs are good for different types of music? Such as.. 10'' x 2 are good for... and 12'' x 1 is good for... etc..

Comment

Definitely go for 2 12's if you want something that can shake you up, but still be a easy listener. Go with 2 10's if you only want them for listening pleasure, not showing off.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i got my 12" kicker ...i love it i saw this one guys CB7 at Nopi last year that hade a sick sound, 4 12" subs i stuck my head in there and i felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up....woooo...what a rush
                            I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

if you buy good interior speackers like boston's u dont really need sub's unless u like ur trunk to rattle. i run boston's in the interior and one jl w3 12" the only bass i have is coming from the sub. it's so clear. but with that comes $$$$. if u buy better quality things u dont need as much u can have 1 kicker pound harder than 4 lightening audio's. it's all how u want it to sound like a home theather crisp and clean or thump all day long.
                              Last edited by BORY; 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM.
                              TUCKIN' 19's sold

Comment

12s fo life. u can make up for the tightness u loose with a good set of components, there is nothing like shalin some one else's mirrors at a light

i did hear a set of diamond 10s in a ported box professionally designed, that was unreal. a properly designed box will make your system a beast!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X