brsteinbach : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey bud,
    Just dropping in to see if you got that 5 speed in the car yet.

A gloss grey over that primer would look pretty awesome.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Thanks man, I should be done in a month or so, I saved up enough money recently (unemployed) that it should be able to be done.

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Hey everyone, I was down in Arkansas long sotory but I ended up moving back up here to Wisconsin. I got the 5 speed swap done while i was down in Arkansas and I was so depressed while i was down there I barely took pics of anything I was doing there including what I was doing to my car.

Like I said I got the swap done while I was there and forgive me for not taking pics of the process but shes done. Here are the only pics I have of the whole process.

^ HAHAHA Typo from China

A random dildo shifter they ordered me lol.

IMG_0825 by Brian, on Flickr

IMG_0826 by Brian, on Flickr

IMG_0827 by Brian, on Flickr

IMG_0828 by Brian, on Flickr
        ^ All the parts in my closet ready to go on the car.

IMG_0831 by Brian, on Flickr

So I drove around Arkansas after I got the swap done and I trailered the car back up here to Wisconsin and cruised around some more. Then I had some problems....

^^^^^
        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I first popped my oil pan and down pipe on a city water main cover that rusted off that pipe and blew off cause the street flooded earlier that day.

Popped oil pan and down pipe. by Brian, on Flickr

^The Cause of everything. I wasn't even that low. I had as much ground clearance as I could have at the time probably a good 4" of oil pan clearance so around what Corvette would have I'm guessing?

^Looks shorter than it is.

So that's the oil pan incident. Next is a heart breaker for me...

^^^^^
          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I was driving down our main Ave in our local big city and was in a turning lane to get off the Ave sitting at a RED light and I was rear ended. Luckily I had my foot on the brake pedal like you should at a stop, cause there was a car in front of me.

The lady that read ended me was starting to go into diabetic shock so I guess in a way I may have saved hers and/or someone else' lives.

And the damage. Not horrible but bad enough to me cause it my first and only baby.

Rear ended damage by Brian, on Flickr

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Now most reacently my clutch pedal took a crap so I had to buy one off a member (Damon) and he'll be sending it to me this week and I'll probably have it by the end of this week. So since my car's been down of course some parts are going to arrive.

IMG_0737 by Brian, on Flickr

IMG_0739 by Brian, on Flickr

They are Swift springs 11K (616lbs) 7". I put the stance springs I had in the front in the rear which are 8K (448lbs) 6". So I put these in and never had a chance to feel them cause my clutch pedal needed pulled. ugh.

So that is my big update hope everyone likes it!

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I got rear ended in Ruby after redoing the quarters not quite at bad as you, but that may be fixable. I used my van jack to push the trunk structure back out into position.

Looks like a new trunk lid would be in order as well.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I was super pissed and bashed the hell out of the inside of the trunk where you used the jack with a 4lbs sludge hammed and it ended up pushing the trunk almost back into place. Hey ya live ya learn especially at my age 24 so I was a little angry and took it out on the damage. I still love the ol' primered lady as much as always but I was just pissed about the damage.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

As of yesterday, this young man has passed away. He was an incredible guy that was very passionate for the CB community. RIP Brian, you'll be missed my friend. ♥

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                      As of yesterday, this young man has passed away. He was an incredible guy that was very passionate for the CB community. RIP Brian, you'll be missed my friend. ♥
                      Aww man I am so so sorry Ander I recently lost a friend too who was also very much a CB guy.

R.I.P brsteinbach
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Wow that news is not the update I was looking for. RIP Brian prayers go out to you and your family. I will add him to our memorial here.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This is sad to hear. He was such a help to me in my early modding days on here. I am saddened to hear of his passing, and he will be missed.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by ander View Post
                            as Of Yesterday, This Young Man Has Passed Away. He Was An Incredible Guy That Was Very Passionate For The Cb Community. Rip Brian, You'll Be Missed My Friend. ♥

....... Rip♥

Comment

Working...
                            X