CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
turbo90accord
Super Moderator

turbo90accord is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warudakumi View Post
I'm in the process of waiting for my ARP studs and ordering a Cometic headgasket. I'm also unsure what I want to do as far as the intake manifold.... I could go Skunk2 but I have another intake manifold in mind, but I want to see more dynocharts to justify it's price.

Use your stock Intake manifold we have made more power on OEM h22 manifolds than on the skunk or any other when the motor is boosted.

and skip the cometic gasket and go with OEM. Always go with an OEM honda headgasket.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
member ride thread
11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "
turbo90accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
Warudakumi
CB7tuner Member

Warudakumi is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo90accord View Post
Use your stock Intake manifold we have made more power on OEM h22 manifolds than on the skunk or any other when the motor is boosted.

and skip the cometic gasket and go with OEM. Always go with an OEM honda headgasket.
Really? whats wrong with a cometic gasket? I heard nothing but good things about them and they are made to custom order.

Back 2 the Basics Import Theory BEST JDM 2008 / Project Compound Setup CB7
CB7Tuner's Dirtiest USDM/JDM/CDM/EDM/AUS SM4 Parts Whore
I am the Yakuza CB7!
JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

Last edited by Warudakumi; 11-05-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Warudakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #23
turbo90accord
Super Moderator

All the big pro guys, Tony from T1, Bisi, lisa kubo, etc all use OEM gaskets. They last longer than cometic and are designed to your specific blocks. Its also a better idea to have what some may concider a "weaker" gasket but thats the point. you want a gasket that will blow in the event of extreme detonation or other potentially catastrophic event. A stronger gasket will keep this in the cylinder and cause damage to very expensive parts. kinda a double edged sword.

member ride thread
DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
lilpat93accord
CB7tuner Member

lilpat93accord is cool... so far.
Just an update...I got my block back today, will post pics soon

Last edited by lilpat93accord; 02-16-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: pics
lilpat93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #25
lilpat93accord
CB7tuner Member

pics of the block are up
Old 02-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
rykou
CB7tuner Member

rykou is cool... so far.
Another great build for sure !
I also make the same.

good luck
rykou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #27
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

dbsharp is cool... so far.
awesome! Now go build that motor!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
lilpat93accord
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykou View Post
Another great build for sure !
I also make the same.

good luck
make the same what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsharp View Post
awesome! Now go build that motor!
well i gotta wait to build it, gotta send the head off, but it shouldn't take but a few weeks
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
lilpat93accord
CB7tuner Member

Head is on it's way to Cali
Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #30
hondamikk
CB7tuner Member

hondamikk is cool... so far.
Okay, after reading the thread, I have a couple questions. More or less to clarify things I suppose. I've got an H22 on order right now and want to boost it. From what I'm reading, rebuilding, porting and polishing the head is highly, highly recommended, right? What about the bottom end? Would it be a bad thing if I didn't build it up? I can squeeze a head redo into the budget, but the whole motor is a little beyond my means.

And while I'm at it, how much of a pain in the arse is it to install a turbo setup into the cb7 engine bay when it's got the H22 in there? Isn't the H22 a bit bigger than the F22? I'm sure the answer is in one of the other threads and I'll read up on it, I'm just being a bit lazy.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897
hondamikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #31
rexload
CB7tuner Member

rexload seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamikk View Post
Okay, after reading the thread, I have a couple questions. More or less to clarify things I suppose. I've got an H22 on order right now and want to boost it. From what I'm reading, rebuilding, porting and polishing the head is highly, highly recommended, right? What about the bottom end? Would it be a bad thing if I didn't build it up? I can squeeze a head redo into the budget, but the whole motor is a little beyond my means.

And while I'm at it, how much of a pain in the arse is it to install a turbo setup into the cb7 engine bay when it's got the H22 in there? Isn't the H22 a bit bigger than the F22? I'm sure the answer is in one of the other threads and I'll read up on it, I'm just being a bit lazy.
1. The head already flows extremely well in stock form... rememeber it's a Honda, you don't need to modify the head on these engines until you want to get into the 600-1000hp world

2. Building the bottom end is way more important than rebuilding the head. That being said you still CAN be in the 300-400hp range safely with a stock bottom end BUT you have to do it RIGHT. Everything must be properly sized and properly tuned.

3. Installing a turbo in the CB engine bay is a piece of cake. It is very very very easy to work with... plenty of room.
rexload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:23 AM   #32
hondamikk
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexload View Post
1. The head already flows extremely well in stock form... rememeber it's a Honda, you don't need to modify the head on these engines until you want to get into the 600-1000hp world

2. Building the bottom end is way more important than rebuilding the head. That being said you still CAN be in the 300-400hp range safely with a stock bottom end BUT you have to do it RIGHT. Everything must be properly sized and properly tuned.

3. Installing a turbo in the CB engine bay is a piece of cake. It is very very very easy to work with... plenty of room.
By doing it right you mean not getting a huge turbo that I'd have to cut a hole in the hood for I presume? My old CB was NA and I want to go a different route with the one I have now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty uneducated in what's needed to do forced induction right. Any help or tips given will all be gratefully accepted.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897
Old 05-31-2010, 05:21 AM   #33
jimy
CB7tuner Member

jimy is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexload View Post

This is quoted the truth. There is no real reason to build the head if you don't plan to make insane power. The stock Honda head flows extremely well. Building the block is the best way to go. Even still on a stock setup on 7lbs, your able to still achieve good power on boost safely with a good tune.

If your boosting 25lbs, I hope your making over 600hp and not 400hp. at about 15lbs depending on turbo setup, you should be around 450hp on pump gas.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #34
turbo90accord
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimy View Post
If your boosting 25lbs, I hope your making over 600hp and not 400hp. at about 15lbs depending on turbo setup, you should be around 450hp on pump gas.
it takes much more boost than that to make 450 unless you have a very large turbo.

member ride thread
DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
Old 05-31-2010, 06:02 PM   #35
hondamikk
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimy View Post
This is quoted the truth. There is no real reason to build the head if you don't plan to make insane power. The stock Honda head flows extremely well. Building the block is the best way to go. Even still on a stock setup on 7lbs, your able to still achieve good power on boost safely with a good tune.

So what would be the recommended turbo size with a stock head and block? T3? Do most turbo setups, when purchased, come with the system (can't remember what it's called right now) to adjust the amount of boost lbs used?

And this may be a stupid question but, can a regular cold air intake still be used? Or would there need to be specifically routed tubes due to the turbo system?

Please be patient with my lame questions. I'm not planning on going for insane power but none the less want to do the setup right the first time.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #36
rexload
CB7tuner Member

rexload seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamikk View Post
By doing it right you mean not getting a huge turbo that I'd have to cut a hole in the hood for I presume? My old CB was NA and I want to go a different route with the one I have now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty uneducated in what's needed to do forced induction right. Any help or tips given will all be gratefully accepted.
keep reading, sounds like you still have a lot to learn.

by "doing it right" I mean not using too small of a turbo, using quality parts, and, most importantly, finding a good tuner to tune your ECU.
rexload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #37
lilpat93accord
CB7tuner Member

Ok..enough of the thread jack..bro you still have a lot to learn and the Search button can be your friend..not tryna be a dick or anything

On another note, I'm still waiting on the head to come back from Cali
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #38
hondamikk
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpat93accord View Post
Ok..enough of the thread jack..bro you still have a lot to learn and the Search button can be your friend..not tryna be a dick or anything
Didn't realize I was being a thread jack. I have an H22, I wanna build a turbo on it. That's what the thread is about I thought. And I'm using the ol' search button as well. Gotta start somewhere to get the knowledge, right?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #39
chrischhorn
CB7tuner Member

chrischhorn is cool... so far.
this is thread jacking due to the fact that this is about another guys turbo build up. Not a learning thread. It was made so lilpat93accord can show us the progress hes making and the pure sex of his build Pretty much to make us drool over him and his glory. Many of us just love to see the progress of peoples build and how much time, effort, money and dedication to come out with their finished product.

IT is somewhat of a learning process to see what is needed to go into a build to come out with a great finished product and for some people to see whats needed to achieve their power goals but not really the best palce to ask questions on whats required to put a kit of your own together.
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #40
WilliamW
CB7tuner Member

WilliamW is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to WilliamW
And I do drool!

So where did you have your head built? You say it's in California. Is bisimoto in charge of it? I hope everything goes well with the rest of your build.

Tags
h22 build , h22a , turbo , turbo build

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: