Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sick of this stupid election. Who Cares who you are going to vote for! I really dont want to know because that is your business who you vote for. Just like it is mine, so seriously this thread =FAIL!

Comment

vote bigfoot, y0
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
        He is mentally unstable. Being a prisoner of war can have a psychological effect of anyone. I'm just waiting for Obama to say the wrong word, and see McCain snap and call him a ******, or physically attack him. Would be pretty hard considering McCain cannot even turn his head.
        Mentally unstable? Really? Lets see your source for this accusation... Oh thats right there is not any reliable source. A "mentally unstable" person, held hostage or prisoner of war would have spilled everything he/she knows about whatever the enemy wanted. McCain did not spill the beans and he has the injuries to show it. McCain cannot raise his hands much higher than his shoulder, after being chained and beaten. Broken bones that were never reset and healed wrong led to this.

Attacking McCain's service to our country is only going to infuriate those that are currently serving or have served in the past.

And its the typical liberal tactic to throw the race card out when cornered. Look at James Carville stating that if Obama is ahead in the polls and then loses the election that there will be riots in the streets.

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
        So, what's your point?

Have YOU read the books? (of course you haven't, which is why you took everything out of context)

Bill Ayers and Obama worked together on an Educational Policy board.

So let me get this straight....Because Obama tried to help kids get education and help the poor, setting aside politics for policy, he's automatically a terrorist? Or will be sympathetic to their causes?

Has Obama supported 20+years of a deregulated market system?

Does Obama want to give a higher dividend tax cut to those who make the very most?
        Obama denied his working with Bill Ayers on more than one occasion and still does. Regardless of what Obama and Ayers "worked" on they did it together. Ayers held at least fundraiser for Obama, and Obama accept the money.

Who knows where Obama has stood on the market system for the past 20 years? He has only been in politics for the past 12 years (mostly in Chicago). I am curious to see one thread of "change" that Obama can take credit for in the state of Illinois, what about Chicago? One thing we all know he has been doing for at least 20 years is attending the church of Rev. Wright.

As for tax cuts for those that make the very most, under Obama's plan, raising taxes for those making $250,000 or more, will this not effect everyone that is employed and has a high paid boss? If the government squeezes your employers wallet, you employer will in turn squeeze yours, whether it is a pay cut or layoffs..

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
          Mentally unstable? Really? Lets see your source for this accusation... Oh thats right there is not any reliable source. A "mentally unstable" person, held hostage or prisoner of war would have spilled everything he/she knows about whatever the enemy wanted. McCain did not spill the beans and he has the injuries to show it. McCain cannot raise his hands much higher than his shoulder, after being chained and beaten. Broken bones that were never reset and healed wrong led to this.

Attacking McCain's service to our country is only going to infuriate those that are currently serving or have served in the past.
          I should have worded that a bit differently.

He is potentially mentally unstable from being a prisoner of war. Not beforehand.
          Being tortured has to have a mental effect on a person, I don't care who you are. McCain was at best simply unlucky and stubborn. That's what got him captured, and that's why he wouldn't cooperate with his captors.

And for "trigger word"... sorry, but it's something that I can totally envision happening. I apologize, but I would laugh my arse off!!!

As for Obama's accomplishments as a Senator, here's a few:
          http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/...th.penalty.ap/
          http://feingold.senate.gov/~feingold.../20070108.html
          http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-e...0.8910791.html
          http://obama.senate.gov/press/060908-senate_passes_c/
          and in case you think he doesn't care about our troops:
          http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...110query.html|

here's a pretty little image for ya too:

Comment

I can't wait till Obama wins. I wish we had bill clinton *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
              No matter the outcome theres no way a majority of the population will be pleased. Its physically impossible.
              unless the majority's selection gets put into office.
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I don't care who wins. As long as life stays the same as it is. I hear people saying oh the economy this and the recession that. Well...Please I wish this crisis would come to my suburb because honestly the hardest part of my day is picking out what clothes to wear to school and coming down from adderall at the end of the day...and do the same thing over the next day. I still eat 5 meals a day. I am on the computer at least 6 hours a day. Bush Administration is doing just dandy in my middle class life. So Vote change!? for WHAT?

Comment

Obama, change we can believe in! Tee hee hee
                  VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva View Post
                    I don't care who wins. As long as life stays the same as it is. I hear people saying oh the economy this and the recession that. Well...Please I wish this crisis would come to my suburb because honestly the hardest part of my day is picking out what clothes to wear to school and coming down from adderall at the end of the day...and do the same thing over the next day. I still eat 5 meals a day. I am on the computer at least 6 hours a day. Bush Administration is doing just dandy in my middle class life. So Vote change!? for WHAT?
                    you are a kid. according to the government you have no choice in the matter.

your parents are doing the right thing by sheltering you from the world and letting you be a kid with no worries.

grow up, and you'll change your tone of voice.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post

And its the typical liberal tactic to throw the race card out when cornered. Look at James Carville stating that if Obama is ahead in the polls and then loses the election that there will be riots in the streets.

Obama denied his working with Bill Ayers on more than one occasion and still does. Regardless of what Obama and Ayers "worked" on they did it together. Ayers held at least fundraiser for Obama, and Obama accept the money.

Who knows where Obama has stood on the market system for the past 20 years? He has only been in politics for the past 12 years (mostly in Chicago). I am curious to see one thread of "change" that Obama can take credit for in the state of Illinois, what about Chicago? One thing we all know he has been doing for at least 20 years is attending the church of Rev. Wright.

As for tax cuts for those that make the very most, under Obama's plan, raising taxes for those making $250,000 or more, will this not effect everyone that is employed and has a high paid boss? If the government squeezes your employers wallet, you employer will in turn squeeze yours, whether it is a pay cut or layoffs..
                      Do you know what liberal means? You often throw this term around with such a negative connotation that I wonder if you even have the slightest idea to what it's true definition really is?

Obama did not deny working with Ayers, He simply brushed it off, considering the scope of the situation (which he should have).

Ayers did NOT hold a 'Fundraiser' and you have absolutely NO proven facts to back up your ASSUMPTION. Please Stop.

Change? How about Ethics Reform which is what Obama is absolutely known for. I don't think McCain could ever claim such status, especially when his top advisers are all Lobbyists. http://feingold.senate.gov/~feingold.../20070108.html

How about providing healthcare to over 150,000 people? 70,000 of which were children who were uninsured in the first place. http://www.illinois.gov/PressRelease...=3&RecNum=5866

Obama called for a host of new gun-control measures: strengthening the assault-weapons ban to include high-capacity clips made prior to 1994; holding parents criminally responsible for children who injure someone with a gun found in the home; placing trigger locks on all guns; and allowing gun buyers to purchase only one weapon per month.

"Obama, who was sworn into office in January 2005, spent much of his time in the Senate taking a high-profile position as spokesman for Democrats’ efforts to overhaul congressional ethics standards, including his own bid to make Senate colleagues pay the full charter rate, rather than first-class airfare, for rides in corporate jets. The effort drew the ire of such senior senators as Ted Stevens of Alaska, whose state is so big that corporate planes are often the only way to get around. Senate leaders included that jet travel requirement in a lobbying practices and disclosures bill signed into law in September 2007.

But as a member of the minority party, Obama also worked across the aisle with Republicans to push several measures that became law in 2006.

Working with Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, Obama won enactment of a law creating a single, searchable database of all federal contracts, grants and loans.

He also partnered with senior Indiana Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, the former chairman of the Foreign Relations panel, to sponsor legislation to strengthen international efforts to destroy conventional weapons, though it did not advance out of committee.

Separately, Obama was lead sponsor of a bill to provide relief and promote democracy in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which was signed into law in December 2006.

He introduced legislation in 2005 to require federal preparations for an avian flu pandemic, but it didn't advance.

And he weighed in on another “good government” initiative during congressional debate on tougher lobbying disclosure standards, by backing the creation of an independent “Office of Public Integrity” that would investigate congressional ethics cases and receive and monitor financial disclosure reports required from members of Congress, officers and employees of Congress and lobbyists. The bid failed in 2006 due to opposition from members of the Senate Ethics Committee, who said it would politicize the panel. Another attempt to include it in the Democrats' ethics bill failed in early 2007.

Obama’s tendency to focus on nonidelogical issues is pragmatic, because they tend not to have powerful enemies or, if they do, are shielded by solid support in both parties. But some of his initiatives have languished, either because he was a junior member of the Democratic caucus or because they encountered institutional resistance. One would have rewarded troubled school districts with extra federal help in exchange for deep changes. "

All you do is try to make a case AGAINST Barack Obama, when you know absolutely nothing of his accomplishments, and more so, you feign the facts for your own self gratifications.

You still don't mention Keating 5....Why?

How about McCains connection to Carl H. Lindner Jr, who is one of McCains highest contributers????

Did you know he oversaw over $1.6 million to a Colombian paramilitary group that is today designated a terrorist organization by the United States??

McCain claims he's against special interest...but his record absolute disproves that.

Not to mention McCain has done special favors for Lindner (THAT'S Special Interest).

McCain promoted a deal in Arizona's Tonto National Forest involving property part-owned by Great American Life Insurance, a company run by billionaire Carl H. Lindner Jr.

Moreover, McCain's chief political adviser, Charlie Black, lobbied for Chiquita on two separate occasions in 2001. According to records, Black was paid $80,000 to work on foreign trade issues.

Black has represented other controversial clients with operations in Colombia. From 2001 through 2007, his work brought his firm more than $1.6 million in lobbying fees from Occidental Petroleum, a company whose security arm was accused of bombing a Colombian village and killing 17 civilians in 1998.

How about McCains support of the U.S. Council for World Freedom??

They were part of an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America.

How about McCains involvement in the Keating 5 Scandal??

Charles Keating, a convicted felon, raised money for John McCain on a few occasions, gave McCain free flights to Keatings Bahama retreat (that which McCain did not disclose until the scandal was made public).

You'll rebut this with more "Ayers, Wright, Farrakhan and ACORN", but in the end, Mr. McCain has a lot more to explain to do from his Lobbyist advisers and campaign managers to his crooked campaign contributers.
                      Last edited by verothacamaro; 10-13-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
                        That still doesn't make the majority happy, look at the current situation we're in. Theres a huge population that voted Bush into office then again for a second term and they're disgusted with that.
                        lol they were happy for a minute

but I totally agree...I think the last time people were truly happy with their president was when both Reagan and Clinton were in office.

Both were some eloquent speaking fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
                          you are a kid. according to the government you have no choice in the matter.

your parents are doing the right thing by sheltering you from the world and letting you be a kid with no worries.

grow up, and you'll change your tone of voice.

you have no idea.

Comment

po'ly-multiple or many

ticks-blood-feeding parasites

thats all i can say.

this government is doing nothing but turning into a racist thing. all the blacks and whites are voting for Obama. and all the whites and maybe some blacks are voting for McCain.

i took a poll while i was at work about this. i asked the customers who they were voting for. guess what? 95% of the people who came thru there(white) were voting for McCain. any black person that came thru was neither or Obama. neither of the candidates are trying to get all the races involved. they just want to be in office. ive yet to see one president who actually did what they promised to do.

if there are, point out to me. but as far as voting and all that crap. yeah. no part of it. i want to see everyone's pont of view in the matter. no long drawn out stories. just why do you think the candidate your voting for should win.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              po'ly-multiple or many

ticks-blood-feeding parasites

thats all i can say.

this government is doing nothing but turning into a racist thing. all the blacks and whites are voting for Obama. and all the whites and maybe some blacks are voting for McCain.

i took a poll while i was at work about this. i asked the customers who they were voting for. guess what? 95% of the people who came thru there(white) were voting for McCain. any black person that came thru was neither or Obama. neither of the candidates are trying to get all the races involved. they just want to be in office. ive yet to see one president who actually did what they promised to do.

if there are, point out to me. but as far as voting and all that crap. yeah. no part of it. i want to see everyone's pont of view in the matter. no long drawn out stories. just why do you think the candidate your voting for should win.

Well keep in mind, while McCain and Obama might want to lower taxes, in the end, The Legislative branch has to create a bill that either of these men will sign.

They can't just decide to spend $1 billion here and there....it wont happen without congressional legislation.

Comment

Seriously, I believe both "big" candidates are full of BS. McCain believes in war aggression, POW torture, and spying on American citizens and he will continue Bush's exploitation of our World-Power status to bully Iraq&Iran among other countries. McCain CLAIMS to be A Christian yet believes in torture, I'm a Christian and I will tell you that there are no two things that are more opposite! McCain will further remove our rights to privacy in the name of "National Security" BS. So McCain will just continue to kill our economy be pouring money into overseas American muscle flexing when our own country is what needs rebuilding.

Obama believes in centralized healthcare, is against the right to bear arms, and wants stupid tax breaks for people who don't deserve them. Healthcare is a lost cause in this country and there is no way our country has the wealth to 100% support the huge level of funding it would require. Tax breaks are just going to lessen the amount the government has to work off of and instead there needs to be serious research and study done into WHY our government is so inefficient. And let Washington DC be an example of what happens when firearms are outlawed--and lets watch and see what happens in the next 2-3 years after that ban was lifted this past year.

I don't want either one in office, they'll both waste wealth in areas that are hopelessly already lost. My vote will more than likely go to Bob Barr but it won't matter because there are too many stupid people in America.

Einstein once quoted: "the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results." Voting for either McCain or Obama shows that americans are insane according to Einstein!

yeah most people don't understand whats REALLY going on. its political ignorance voting for either one of them. down with the 2 party system, NAU, and the NWO and lets restore the constitution! down with the UN! lol good luck and stay free yo.

Comment

Working...
                                X