Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic thread is EPIC. Kansas City

www.blabbermouthkc.com

A few of you may have heard of this new "service" by now, as it has been mentioned in lots of media outlets from local Kansas City TV/Radio & Newspaper to even mention in the NY Post. Basically a guy, with a checkered past of his own (questionable employment history and DUI conviction), has started a website mapping the residences of those ARRESTED in Johnson County, Kansas. Not those convicted of anything, only arrested.

A local forum, KCSR.org started the fight to shut this guy down and epicness has ensued. 90+ pages so far. Cliff Notes are on the first page. Posts 1-5 spell out what this website is doing and the issues with that. Links to the local news stories are also included in those posts. Erik, KCSR.org's Administrator "EA" is his username on the site, was even interviewed by the local newspaper, Kansas City Star, and KCTV5.

Worth a look if you have some free time to browse the forum and the guy's site. Feel free to register as a member at KCSR.org and share your opinion.
    http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=125790

Extortion
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Hear about it on the radio. Genius plan to make few extra bucks.
      RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

He is doing nothing illegal.. Its public record he is just making it easier to find for a profit. Like it or not its best to protect his "speech"

Comment

Mike(spleen), what's your take on him?

While what he's doing IS legal, I don't agree with it. Nor would I pay him if I got arrested. He may say it's not but this a form of bullying. It's not extortion because he's obtaining the info legally. But bullying you into paying him "or else" should be, or could be, considered extortion or even blackmail.

If I were arrested, I wouldn't pay him a dime. I can see where this would effect people arrested for, or convicted of, certain crimes. I.e; child sex crimes. But if I were arrested for failing to pay a fine or I had a warrant out, I wouldn't care who saw it.

I'm curious how many people have paid him.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I heard about this...now to go check kcsr
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Mike(spleen), what's your take on him?

While what he's doing IS legal, I don't agree with it. Nor would I pay him if I got arrested. He may say it's not but this a form of bullying. It's not extortion because he's obtaining the info legally. But bullying you into paying him "or else" should be, or could be, considered extortion or even blackmail.

If I were arrested, I wouldn't pay him a dime. I can see where this would effect people arrested for, or convicted of, certain crimes. I.e; child sex crimes. But if I were arrested for failing to pay a fine or I had a warrant out, I wouldn't care who saw it.

I'm curious how many people have paid him.
              Before his map was taken down, it showed seven people had paid.

My thoughts, it is shady as can be. So what if the Sheriff's Office posts the same information online? Yes it is public record but, who Deputized him that anyone accused of anything should have to report to him or pay him?

He can share whatever public records he wants, as far as I am concerned. His problem comes with the "pay me $199.99 to have your information removed".. Then after all of that he still leaves a marker on your address stating "Information removed."

I've been trying to keep up with the thread on KCSR, adding my two cents when I can. Username there is MadSpleen_85. My posts: http://kcsr.org/search.php?searchid=2436960

Comment

so he made some pocket change? its probably to keep his forums up and running. dont hate on matt because he thought of the idea before you did. its your fault you fucked up and he found out and put you on front street. its part of the game we call life! deal with it. if he put me on front street because the stupid sh*t i did, thats my fault. i should of been on some act right. my step dad is a cop, so if i really wanted too i could get 99% of anyone's information. will i extort you? depends...

its a cruel world out there people, deal with! and quit hating! you cant hide from no one now a days. not only is big brother watching you, that old guy down the street also has eyes and ears on you!

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
                  so he made some pocket change? its probably to keep his forums up and running. dont hate on matt because he thought of the idea before you did. its your fault you fucked up and he found out and put you on front street. its part of the game we call life! deal with it. if he put me on front street because the stupid sh*t i did, thats my fault. i should of been on some act right. my step dad is a cop, so if i really wanted too i could get 99% of anyone's information. will i extort you? depends...

its a cruel world out there people, deal with! and quit hating! you cant hide from no one now a days. not only is big brother watching you, that old guy down the street also has eyes and ears on you!
                  People aren't hating on this guy because he thought of the idea first, they are criticizing him because he is using loopholes in the law to perform extortion legally. All legal precedent aside, what he's doing is incredibly amoral.

Also, I would put you on an even lower level of morality than Mr. Creed if you honestly would extort someone by getting your step father to commit a felony by providing confidential police records to you.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

This has to be the strangest, most out of left field comments I have read in quite some time...

Like already said above me, no one is hating on the guy because he thought of the idea first. The issue is a moral one.

If you had read the thread (even just the first page) on KCSR.org, you would understand what people are taking issue with.

Mr. Creed has repeatedly lied about his intentions with his site, most recently he said he was pulling the site offline for good, the next day it was back online. KCSR.org has been there and called him out on each and every lie. Mr. Creed even joined KCSR.org and began attempting to defend his site, it didn't work out for him and he has since gone into hiding from the site.

The Johnson County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney are both looking into Mr. Creed and hist site.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/05...outhkccom.html

Having the means to extort someone doesn't make it right.

Comment

rear end someone else.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                        This has to be the strangest, most out of left field comments I have read in quite some time...

Like already said above me, no one is hating on the guy because he thought of the idea first. The issue is a moral one.

If you had read the thread (even just the first page) on KCSR.org, you would understand what people are taking issue with.

Mr. Creed has repeatedly lied about his intentions with his site, most recently he said he was pulling the site offline for good, the next day it was back online. KCSR.org has been there and called him out on each and every lie. Mr. Creed even joined KCSR.org and began attempting to defend his site, it didn't work out for him and he has since gone into hiding from the site.

The Johnson County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney are both looking into Mr. Creed and hist site.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/05...outhkccom.html

Having the means to extort someone doesn't make it right.
                        sir, i read it. i just think it was a genius idea. for his words of lies, thats his fuck up! he made ends meet but kept on eating. some people just cant get enough.

Comment

The Johnson County District Attorney's Office has shut down Mr. Creed's website. They are actively investigating his actions regarding the website and mailings that he sent to some of those featured on the site. Finally, people that were featured on his site are stepping forward, with their legal representation, and filing complaints about Mr. Creed.

sir, i read it. i just think it was a genius idea. for his words of lies, thats his fuck up! he made ends meet but kept on eating. some people just cant get enough.
                          Odd that being a local guy you are hiding out here to support Mr. Creed's idea.. If you want to make an argument of support for this "genius idea" go for it on KCSR... I'm not going to argue about it, I can agree to disagree. I am sure you can find someone willing to debate/argue with you on KCSR though. The thread has died down since the site was pulled.

Comment

Working...
                          X