Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't turn over but I still have electricity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't turn over but I still have electricity?

Hey guys so I recently got my first car about 3 weeks ago. 93 accord lx 5 speed. It was working perfectly 2days ago the morning but then when I tried to start it later that day the car wouldn't turn over. The radio and windows work but that's as far as it'll go. I checked the battery, fuses, and starter but that wasn't it. Do you guys have any ideas on what it might be? Thanks in advance.

Your starter gave up on you, it takes 30 minutes tops to replace. good luck.

Comment

Did you take the starter to get tested at like an Autozone to make sure that wasn't it? Possibly, the fuel pump or main relay may have went out. I don't think it would be the ignition switch, but who knows without diagnosing your car. Here's some info on troubleshooting your main relay and fuel pump though. It's towards the bottom of the page right when you see the yellow highlighted words. Good luck.

http://techauto.awardspace.com/mainrelay.html

Comment

To test the starter lightly bang on the solenoid while someone holds the key in the start position. Hillbilly way of testing it. Not fool proof but 9 time out of 10 when the solienoid is out they will start when you bang on them. That's also a good way to get your car home if it ever does that while your out and about.

Last winter I was asked for a jump while getting fuel at a T/A (truck stop) at 4 AM by a guy in a POS Cavalier. Thing wouldn't crank just clicked when he hit the key. I grabbed a tire iron and tapped on the starter and it fired up. Turns out they guy was on his way from OKC to Chicago and was a US Marine. I told him what ever he did not to shut the son of a bitch off. I suppose he made it. But if it were not for that trick the guy might have been stranded when a few little taps could have sent him on his way.

Comment

^^^^FACT! This trick has saved me more times than I can count one hand.

Comment

[QUOTE=Restless;3212453]Did you take the starter to get tested at like an Autozone to make sure that wasn't it? Possibly, the fuel pump or main relay may have went out. I don't think it would be the ignition switch, but who knows without diagnosing your car. Here's some info on troubleshooting your main relay and fuel pump though. It's towards the bottom of the page right when you see the yellow highlighted words. Good luck.

I went and got a new starter and after my friends helped me to install it it still wouldn't start. That's when I went to Autozone to get it tested but they said that wasn't it so we thought it may have been the battery or fuses but everything was fine. My friend was able to get the car to start by getting a wire and have both ends touch on the positive and negative wires on the starter (I'm not to sure how it was done as I couldn't see all that well) and it was able to start with no problem whatsoever and run normally. After checking the websit right there it isn't the main relay or fuel pump. So now we don't know what it could be.

Comment

My guess is the ignition.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Does the car have a hidden kill switch or alarm system? It's a manual so check the clutch switch.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                  My guess is the ignition.
                  How would I check that?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                    Does the car have a hidden kill switch or alarm system? It's a manual so check the clutch switch.
                    It doesn't have an alarm or kill switch. How would I go on about checking the clutch switch?

Comment

Here, let me google that for you.
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 09-26-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        forgot that site existed.

Comment

Might not need a new starter. I have had to change the starter to ground cable on all 3 of my CBs. Look into that. Much cheaper + easier than a new starter.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

does the engine cranks? if so try to check the dizzy.. happened to me when i did the swap... evrything works, but it wont run until we replace the dizzy..

Comment

It very well could be your fuel relay Its about 70$ at your local parts store
                              To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

Working...
                              X