Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ebay 1.45 lbs crank pulleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sj960
    Can you explain why to me then? I was taught this in school... and my teacher said that if I was to take them out I would experience considerable vibration (that doesn't matter to me) but it could also be harmful to the balance of the engine. I'd be happy to know the truth, however.
    The balance shafts reduce engine vibration into the car. Wile it will make the ide feel crappy it won't really be bad for the motor. Now the stuff that really matters is what's in the crankshaft: Crank itself, pistons, rods and crank pully to name a few.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
      write a review on it too!!!

good luck
      yes i will..i just hoppe it comes with detailed documentation...also im probably gonna need a torque wrench..ill figure it out..i have a chiltons manual...and log on to cb7tuner regularly...thanks!!!..cant wait to install it now!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
        yes i will..i just hoppe it comes with detailed documentation...also im probably gonna need a torque wrench..ill figure it out..i have a chiltons manual...and log on to cb7tuner regularly...thanks!!!..cant wait to install it now!

hahahaha try getting a huge ass breakerbar, a impact gun, and a torch lol had to torch my crank pulley bolt to get it out lol. have fun hehe
        My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
          hahahaha try getting a huge ass breakerbar, a impact gun, and a torch lol had to torch my crank pulley bolt to get it out lol. have fun hehe
          Get one of the crank pulley holder tool and a breaker bar...a torch may weaken the bolt.
          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

yea....torque wrench did it for me, but took a few tries, at first didnt think that lil torque wrench had it in it, and i was about to torch it but then it came right off
            92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
            and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

No I wouldn't buy the pulley off Ebay. I recently bought a Underdrive pulley for my 91 LX and it wouldn't fit my crank, it was to small.

Comment

yea thas where a hammer comes in, my didnt fit either but a hammer and strength go it on
                92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

wow i sure learned a lot after reading this thread... I didnt realize these things were this beneficial. I am definetely going to look into getting one.
                  I look...You look
                  I rev...You rev
                  I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
                    wow i sure learned a lot after reading this thread... I didnt realize these things were this beneficial. I am definetely going to look into getting one.
                    Light weight flywheel does wonders....
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

what do u mean too small????? what do u mean u guys had to force it on?!?!?!?!?! BIG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO......1) yes the new crank pulley is like half the size of the stock crank. 2) if it doesn't go on smoothly then chances r u guys installed it wrong....also if it doesn;t go on easily, u prob had to grind off some material behind the crank....that is what i had to do...only a little bit off the plastic no big deal. but u never force the crank on. that why engine issues down the road occur.

and yes the pulley set is def def a big deal for power gains. biggest power adder i have done so far and i have def done quite a bit
                      My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by Neriah06
                        yea thas where a hammer comes in, my didnt fit either but a hammer and strength go it on
                        Yeah I was going to hammer it on but I knew it'd probly be impossible to get off if I ever needed too. I taped it on a little bit and it took quit-a-bit to get of and it made a grove in the Underdrive pulley. So I mit just take it somewhere to get it shaved out.
                        Last edited by rhsettle; 11-09-2005, 11:33 AM.

Comment

i ran a generic alum crank pulley on my old motor for about 20k...
                          and i run it on my new motor now...
                          Never had any problems from it... besides having to slightly enlarge the keyway to make it fit...
                          and i dont have a/c...
                          i wouldnt mind buying one of the new ATI fluidampner h22 pulleys, but i'm not sure of the balance of it on this crank...
                          12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                          11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                          F22a1
                          60-1 td06h turbo
                          Darton mid sleeves
                          85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                          Crower pro billet rods
                          Custom ported head.
                          KMS valves
                          F23 headgasket
                          ARP H23 headstuds
                          H23 upper intake manifold
                          F22a6 lower intake manifold
                          Intake manifold is gutted
                          AEM EMS 1040u
                          FIC 850cc injectors
                          Walbro 255 pump
                          H23 manual trans
                          Prelude shifter assembly
                          Forbidden short throw
                          Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
                            Can you explain why to me then? I was taught this in school... and my teacher said that if I was to take them out I would experience considerable vibration (that doesn't matter to me) but it could also be harmful to the balance of the engine. I'd be happy to know the truth, however.

Your teachers an idiot. The sole purpose of the balancer shafts is to control the secondary vibrations that occur from the offsetting stoke of the 4 cylinder engine. this is an aid to reduce NVH. Many H22 owners run without them because they create a parasitic drag on the crank. As for crank pullies ,I personally wouldn't run one. But you can find a million arguments for and aginst them. Do your homework then decide.
                            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Flui-dampermakes a pulley for the H23 now too soooo,.. yea f22/h23 crank!
                              Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier ~ Bruce
                              My Page!

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
                                i ran a generic alum crank pulley on my old motor for about 20k...
                                and i run it on my new motor now...
                                Never had any problems from it... besides having to slightly enlarge the keyway to make it fit...
                                and i dont have a/c...
                                i wouldnt mind buying one of the new ATI fluidampner h22 pulleys, but i'm not sure of the balance of it on this crank...
                                disregard what i said there. Dont use an non-dampened crank pulley, or you will suffer the concequences.
                                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                                F22a1
                                60-1 td06h turbo
                                Darton mid sleeves
                                85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                                Crower pro billet rods
                                Custom ported head.
                                KMS valves
                                F23 headgasket
                                ARP H23 headstuds
                                H23 upper intake manifold
                                F22a6 lower intake manifold
                                Intake manifold is gutted
                                AEM EMS 1040u
                                FIC 850cc injectors
                                Walbro 255 pump
                                H23 manual trans
                                Prelude shifter assembly
                                Forbidden short throw
                                Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                                X