2013 Scion FR-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Scion FR-S

Thoughts and opinions on this new Scion. I just saw this commercial and was curious about the car.

Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

I dont like it personally. To many weird body lines, the contour looks to futuristic and its underpowered IMO. However it is priced pretty good for what it is

Comment

That shit looks like a Subaru brz with freaking Scion badges on it

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

^lol not sure if serious. thats what it is... they share the platform...

i like it... it is underpowered in a very (enthusiasts need to build the shit out of me) kind of way... its also fills that gap that nobody has filled in a while(small RWD affordable coupe)

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

I got to see the Subaru version in person over the weekend, and they are beautiful

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
            That shit looks like a Subaru brz with freaking Scion badges on it
            Thats because they are the same slightly. Subaru and toyota collaborated with each other to make the car but with different trims, and options. Its like the camaro and trans am cars of old.
            my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
            MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

the subaru one is awd which i think makes it better than this one
              10th Anniversary Accord.
              05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

heres a thread from 2months ago where we where talking about these 2 cars

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188903
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                  the subaru one is awd which i think makes it better than this one
                  This is not true. The Subaru is also RWD
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

It's a good platform, you can get rwd or awd. And a great engine to modify. There are companies who can wait to get there hands on these cars. It's nice to see affordable imports that look good and can be miffed out.
                    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                      It's a good platform, you can get rwd or awd. And a great engine to modify. There are companies who can wait to get there hands on these cars. It's nice to see affordable imports that look good and can be miffed out.
                      There are no AWD options for this vehicle. Subaru BRZ is RWD, Scion FR-S is RWD, and the Toyota FT-86 is RWD. All these vehicles share the same platform. Options are a 6 speed Auto or Manual.

The engine is mounted too low and to the rear of the engine bay to give the car better balance and weight distribution, this makes having AWD impossible on this vehicle.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

This is just a quick google search.

The Subaru BRZ is a lightweight, rear-wheel-drive sports car that provides nimble handling and spirited performance at an affordable price. Co-developed with Toyota (which sells its own variant as the Scion FR-S), the BRZ was designed to buck the trend of increasingly heavy, technologically complex vehicles and instead provide a pure, driver-focused experience.

Weighing in at just 2,762 pounds for the manual transmission model, the BRZ is one of the lightest sports cars on the market – it undercuts the mass of the Porsche Cayman by 160 pounds and is around 800 pounds lighter than a V6-equipped Ford Mustang. The low weight pays off in the realm of fuel efficiency and, more importantly, handling.
                        1993 Accord EX
                        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

The frs is really a subaru. I work for toyota and our area rep came in with one last month to show it to us. It's equipped with a subaru engine. The guys in the shop were checking it out and were talking about a possible sti swap would fit. Un fortunately the rep wouldn't let us drive it.

Comment

they said it was gonna be awd when they cane out wif the concept
                            10th Anniversary Accord.
                            05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
                              The frs is really a subaru. I work for toyota and our area rep came in with one last month to show it to us. It's equipped with a subaru engine. The guys in the shop were checking it out and were talking about a possible sti swap would fit. Un fortunately the rep wouldn't let us drive it.
                              What a bastard. I was at a toyota dealer two weeks ago with my older brother bc he was looking for a truck; i was hoping to get to see one of these in person but they havent had one delivered yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X