***Mtec industries shift spring kit***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Mtec industries shift spring kit***

I purchased one of these kits for my civic si but never got around to installing them. Turns out they make some for the accord and prelude.

Has anybody used them?

http://www.mtecind.com/

I went ahead and bought them for my accord. I'll post some sort of review when they are installed.

UPDATE

installed the springs and it's so simple there's no need for a DIY. Just follow the instructions on their website. I also installed HR cable bushings before and then the springs to feel the difference. The bushings made shifting into gears feel more solid but was a small difference. The mtec springs however made a huge difference. The shifter now feels tight and there is no play. Down shifting from 5th to 4th is super easy.

Overall I say it's worth the 120$ for bushings and mtec springs.

Springs are 42$ shipped and bushings are 81$ shipped. Now I just need a prelude shifter...
    Last edited by kseriescivic; 03-12-2017, 11:50 PM.

I bought the shift springs about 3 years ago I believe. I felt a difference in shifting. I like them, I want to buy another set for my other cb

Comment

Sweet! I know everybody at 8thcivic.com liked them

Comment

I wish that he made them for J-series transmissions.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think I found my next purchase. You should do a DIY thread. Yes I know they have it on their website but it would be good to have one on here as well.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Where do these springs go?

Also, random question: Are there only shifter cable bushings for the tranny side?
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

This installation guide on the link posted above shows you where they go.

And no, there are bushings for the shifter lever and shifter base as well. Many different companies make them including FFC, Cheddas Auto, Shayspec and Corsport.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

when i go to their site and click on the one for the h22 it takes me to the wrong product .....

I'm assuming these are to allow the shifter to spring back to center quicker?

Comment

http://www.mtecind.com/diy/1988-2001...pring-install/

Last edited by Tishock; 03-06-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    I wish that he made them for J-series transmissions.
                    For that motor you just swapped?

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    I think I found my next purchase. You should do a DIY thread. Yes I know they have it on their website but it would be good to have one on here as well.
                    I guess I could. There are instructions on the website but a nice diy on the forum would be nice.

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    Where do these springs go?
                    Inside the transmission I guess technically. You remove the intake, shifter cables, a few bolts, and pry open a cover type deal that's sealed with honda bond and needs to be resealed.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    when i go to their site and click on the one for the h22 it takes me to the wrong product .....
                    I'm assuming these are to allow the shifter to spring back to center quicker?

Go to the website, click "installation instructions" and go to prelude and accord at the bottom.

Yes, That was the whole deal with the k series ones, except k series had two options. A street spec and race spec kit. One being softer
                    Last edited by kseriescivic; 03-06-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
                      For that motor you just swapped?
                      That one and the J35 that's going in the CB. The shifter was made to feel comfortable, not notchy. I'd prefer a little more feedback in the shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        This installation guide on the link posted above shows you where they go.

And no, there are bushings for the shifter lever and shifter base as well. Many different companies make them including FFC, Cheddas Auto, Shayspec and Corsport.
                        What about the shifter cable though? There seems to be rubber bushings that connect to the tranny, and to the shifter inside the cabin, on the cable.
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Look at the companies listed above. They will cover all the options, both ends of the shifter cables, and bushings for the shifter plate itself.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            What about the shifter cable though? There seems to be rubber bushings that connect to the tranny, and to the shifter inside the cabin, on the cable.
                            I'm not 100% sure on cb7's but on my 9th gen I bought cable bushings and they only replaced the ones at the transmission. Still made a big difference. I drive my dad's si that's the same year and my shifter feels way better and more direct/crisp. I also have a hasport rear mount on my si.

I plan on installing my HR cable bushings, mtec spring and a prelude shifter assembly at the same time. Should be a nice improvement.

Comment

Has anyone tried it yet? I wanna know if it's really worth getting or not.
                              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                              X