CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Member Shops > Member Shops > Explicit Speed Performance Shop

Old 02-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
ESP-net
CB7tuner.com approved seller

ESP-net is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to ESP-net
ESP New Product!!! Group Buy! Thinner Power Steering Bracket! Get Rid of Bulky OEM!

www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
Email ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com
10AM-5PM PST Mon-Sat

ESP Custom Power Steering Bracket for 4th Gen 92-96 Prelude H22 Power Steering Assemblies

I got tired of looking at the Factory Huge Bulky Cast Iron Power Steering Bracket on my car. Especially with Our nice thin ESP Upper H OEM Spec Alternator Kit...

So I made a much thinner version off of OEM specs. Saves a lot of weight, Frees up a lot of room. Just looks a lot better and compliments the ESP Upper H OEM Spec Alternator Kit that much more.

Price is $185 Shipped US with all hardware needed and a New Power Steering Belt. Will come standard semi gloss black powder coating or for a tiny bit additional any custom powder coating color. Have 150 to choose from. Many Candy Colors and Textured Colors.

Once again this is only for any 92-96 Prelude Power Steering Pump Assemblies. Works with all S F22, SI H23 and H22 SI Vtec Pumps. All 4th Gen 92-96 Pumps. Once again though this is designed for an H22 Motor. However should fit on the H23A1 as well.

Might be persuaded later on to make one for the 5th Gen Lude... (different hole setup on pump I believe) So for now 4th Gen H22 Power Steering Assemblies.

Will look nicely and match with our ESP Upper Alternator Kits

Add our Upper H OEM Spec Alternator Kit with Belt for an additional $100.

PM or Email with any questions ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com

Paypal Payment.

ESP Upper H OEM Spec Alternator Kit Power Steering Compatible but NOT AC!

Motor Mount Kits, Traction Bar Systems, Solid 2/3/4 Pt Strut Bars, F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits and much more...
ESP-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Since I am the one who requested this, I want one! BUT.... you have to change the price I think. The rear upper sway bar is cheaper and is far larger with more metal. One would think this should be cheaper than the rear engine mount bracket. I'm not here to insult but just my thoughts. Maybe we can not include a PS belt?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

Granite CB7 is very helpful Granite CB7 is very helpful
^Raf, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think his bracket will work on your setup. It looks like you have the P0A pump (aka CD 94-97 Accord pump) and his bracket is exclusively for the P11 pump (aka 92-96 Prelude pump). Notice how the bracket ears (where pump mounts to bracket) are both vertical and line up? Your bracket ears are staggered, so it doesn't look like the P0A pump can replace a P11 pump. Another dead give away is comparing the high pressure lines on top, they are very different. You could always swap pumps but then you'd have to deal with changing/modding your high pressure line. Just wanted to give you a heads up though before you make a purchase.
Granite CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
ESP-net

That is correct Granite... Hince 4th Gen 92-96 Prelude Pump and Assemblies F22 S and H23 SI and H22 SIVtec 92-96 all use the same pumps. Yes easy way to tell what pump you have is the S weave in the power steering line. Others will be straight shot.

I may make a 5th Gen 97-01 Prelude later on....

As far as the pricing goes... the Alignment is not the easiest thing in the world on the tensioner bolts line up... Also when I add 6mm bolt prevision for the plastic Alternator Cover and a bolt stop for the factory tension bolt gets a little tideous... At the end of the day I have to fit this a few times on dummy motor before it will go out. I am a man of limited tooling like always. So putting in the slots for the tensioner bolts is not too fun lol. Yes if I do a few at a time may get that part farmed out.

Alignment part is the crucial thing and to get them dead nut like our ESP Alternator Kits takes some fitting through out the build. Can't just jig it and hope it works. Least I wont send it out like that...

And yes all hardware that is needed is given and a new belt as well.
Motor Mount Kits, Traction Bar Systems, Solid 2/3/4 Pt Strut Bars, F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits and much more...

Last edited by ESP-net; 02-16-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Raf99
Gold Member

Sorry man. & Very good eye to notice such a thing, I curse the shop who made that mistake from day #1. Thanks for the input!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

I forgot to compliment you as well, that bracket is beautiful, amazing work there. I really like how you even bothered to do the boss for the alternator wire hold down. The smallest details sure do take the longest and I also appreciate you coming back + making more parts for our community
Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #7
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
I'm curious if we could just get the double bolt and the boss to hold down the alternator wire brace. I'm not going to have power steering in the car ever and I'm not going to put any piece of the cast back on the engine. But I really wouldn't mind a small little bracket to bolt on that holds the wire in place that no one seems to have bolted down ever.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
Raf99
Gold Member

The more i look at this the more i think it will work for my setup. I thought the only difference between the pumps is the top high pressure hose connection. Were you referring to the bolts which hold the pump to the bracket and how they are offset? or the "ears" on the pump which are offset?

Old 02-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #9
Rilas
Gold Member

Not sure how that would work Raf, with your pump ears being offset so. The bracket has them even with each other and not staggered.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #10
ESP-net

I haven't had my hands on the 5th Gen Pump yet so I can't tell you if the holes line up on the adjustment... But I can already see that left and right position of the 5th Gen pump is further towards the passenger side atleast 1/2" or so. Mine is almost inline with the far edge of the valve cover where as the 5th Gen one looks further inward towards passenger side.... If anyone wants to send me a junk 5th gen power steering let me know My cheap local junkyard has a 5th gen but no pump

What will also be no fun with the 5th gen is see the tensioner bolt that holds tension before you tighten the other bolts that is a bolt on not part of the pump like the 4th Gen unit more work... Id have to come straight up with a prevision then have the bracket bolt bend down. Can't have a sideways bolt like that factory one has...

That tensioner bolt to be honest helps a tiny bit but your main 2 bolts that hold it in do all the work... It just makes it easier to not have to man handle it to get the tension... but in theory would stop from backing out... but I haven't seen a much heavier Alternator back out

Last edited by ESP-net; 02-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #11
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

^Just curious, but when you say 5th gen that means 5th gen Accord w/ the P0A pump? Or is it 5th gen Prelude? Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #12
Rilas
Gold Member

John did you see my previous post about getting a bracket that just holds the alternator wire brace down? For those of us that have H series engines that don't have power steering.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #13
ESP-net

Yes 5th Gen Prelude... Rilas... just a bracket for the 6mm bolt... no power steering... Yea I could probably whip something up.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #14
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
John did you see my previous post about getting a bracket that just holds the alternator wire brace down? For those of us that have H series engines that don't have power steering.
I did, but i have PS and want to keep it.

ESP, i think i know what you are referring to here, i did up a pic. Are you referring to how the tabs on my PS pump are offset? Are you are saying folks using the cb7 pump with h22 PS bracket the tabs are not offset?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #15
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

^I know I'm not ESP...you can tell me to butt out if you want That is exactly what I'm talking about with the bracket ears. I believe your H22 swap was out of a 94-97 CD Accord. The P0A p/s pump comes from the CD Accord. Can be confusing but H22's were featured in JDM CD's as well as Preludes and of course they have different pumps and brackets!!! CB7s came with a PT0 pump and bracket, totally different and not applicable at all. The 92-96 Preludes all had P11 pumps, different brackets for the array of engines they had but all had the same pump. ESP's bracket is for the P11 pump only, P0A pump will not work. Google image H22 motors and you will see a variety of p/s pumps bolted to them depending on what car it came from and if it's obd1 or obd2. Just for reference, ESP's stock p/s bracket is a P13 bracket used on the 92-96 USDM + JDM Preludes.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #16
Raf99
Gold Member

Ya i know i have a cd5 PS pump, but i assumed since I have a H22 PS bracket it would work. Thanks for the input though!
Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #17
ESP-net

Green line is where that pump is and Blue line is where is 4th Gen Prelude is... up and down inline...

Yes just saw the offset... I would simply make the bracket inline still like mine flat up and down... I would just have a round steel spacer for the bottom offset... so would be bracket then spacer and then Pump... Use a longer carriage bolt...

But that tensioner bolt there with the 2 6mm bolts would be a little tricky... (time consuming)

As far as the different pumps guys I would imagine there is only 2 styles far as hole line up.... ??? Atleast that is just what I see for now??? 5th Gen Lude is offset like in the picture as well...

Last edited by ESP-net; 02-19-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #18
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP-net View Post
Green line is where that pump is and Blue line is where is 4th Gen Prelude is... up and down inline...

Yes just saw the offset... I would simply make the bracket inline still like mine flat up and down... I would just have a round steel spacer for the bottom offset... so would be bracket then spacer and then Pump... Use a longer carriage bolt...

But that tensioner bolt there with the 2 6mm bolts would be a little tricky... (time consuming)

As far as the different pumps guys I would imagine there is only 2 styles far as hole line up.... ??? Atleast that is just what I see for now??? 5th Gen Lude is offset like in the picture as well...
Yep, totally agree. This and if I used the ESP bracket the pump would shift to the right by > 1/2" and the shim/longer bolt would need to be on the bottom. But assuming the belt would be an issue. Ya, the 2x6mm aren't needed. They just make it easier to tighten the big bolt. Now I'm wondering if my PS line / connection will work with a prelude pump.

I'd still love to get one because have you felt the weight of the the other mount, dam!!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #19
ESP-net

Customers Kit ready for pickup...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: