Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crank, no start. Burnt smell in under hood fuse box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank, no start. Burnt smell in under hood fuse box.

My car died while driving on the way home yesterday and was having alternator issues before. When it died while driving, I pushed it home and replaced the alternator the next day. Now the car would crank and crank but not turn over. Nothing was touched other than the alternator and the power steering pump. I renewed the ign coil, wires, and dis cap and still it would not crank. It doesn't sound like the fuel is priming and there is a burnt sweet smell coming from under the hood fuse box. The alt and ign sw fuses look ok (50a, 80a). All the small ones look fine too. What could've happened when it died?

Sounds like a bad ground. Remove the under hood fuse box and check that ground cable under it. Then check your transmission ground as well from under the car.
    Last edited by Raf99; 10-10-2016, 07:15 PM.

Nyob Zoo brother.

Is the check engine light on?

I'd check ECU and BACK up fuse

Sweet isnt something you want to smell
    Sweet is usually smell of coolant

MRT

Comment

Nyob Zoo! I actually figured it out but never really updated, sorry. It was the igniter and so I rebuilt the distributor and all is well now. Love the cheapness of maintaining the car. I believe the smell was simply me trying to turn on the engine for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jxiong12 View Post
        Nyob Zoo! I actually figured it out but never really updated, sorry. It was the igniter and so I rebuilt the distributor and all is well now. Love the cheapness of maintaining the car. I believe the smell was simply me trying to turn on the engine for long periods of time.
        Great to hear you got her back on the road!

Where are you located brother?

MRT

Comment

Working...
        X