Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best match oem rattle can paint for Arcadia Green for rear bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is best match oem rattle can paint for Arcadia Green for rear bumper?

I want to paint my rear bumper. Am assuming it came with a clear coat on it from factory even though it is plastic. What is best match rattle can paint. It is Arcadia Green.
    I also want to do it while on car. Good or bad ideal? Paint is in bad shape and just looks horrible right now. Most the paint is gone with the black plastic showing.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I want to paint my rear bumper. Am assuming it came with a clear coat on it from factory even though it is plastic. What is best match rattle can paint. It is Arcadia Green.
    I also want to do it while on car. Good or bad ideal? Paint is in bad shape and just looks horrible right now. Most the paint is gone with the black plastic showing.
    There is no "best match" for Arcadian Green. Just buy a rattle can Arcadian Green. Sand off the area and get loose junk off there and put 3 coats on her (10min drying in between coats). If you mask off the other areas it will look good.

PS - get some clear coat too while you're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      There is no "best match" for Arcadian Green. Just buy a rattle can Arcadian Green. Sand off the area and get loose junk off there and put 3 coats on her (10min drying in between coats). If you mask off the other areas it will look good.

PS - get some clear coat too while you're at it.
      Maybe misunderstood. I have original arcadia green bg-30p. Not some arcadia green picked out from a chip. There has to be some perfect matches from at least 1 manufacturer.

Comment

There is no perfect match for a car that has been sun faded for 26+ years.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I have gotten reasonable results for my poor painting ability from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

If you need a front bumper, plan a trip to Ohio.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            There is no perfect match for a car that has been sun faded for 26+ years.
            It will be getting repainted in next year to oem arcadia green. I just want to do the rear bumper myself as it looks horrible now. And if it turns out pretty good it will be money am sure i will save from body shop. I have painted before outside with pretty good results. Been many years ago and wasn't with rattle cans. I think the clear would be the hardest to get right but am guessing.

Comment

Working...
            X