Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

KONI STR.T and Neuspeed springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any negative camber will still cause wear, but how much wear is relative to how much negative camber.

A lowered car with camber corrected to 0 degrees will usually have the upper control arms hitting the fenderwell... aside from modifying the fenderwell to prevent that, another option is to run -1 degree of camber. The wear with that much negative camber is minimal.

Comment

I had my alignment done today. I'm running -3 in the front and -1.7 in the rear. I'm on ground controls and koni yellows at around a 2.5" drop with no camber kit.

In the summer months I run <4" drop. After you pass the 3" drop area the camber increases rapidly, but before then you will be fine. Just run Nitto Neogen tires and you will easily get 30-40k per set

Comment

That is true. Neo Gen tires are actually made to be used on lowered cars with negative camber (and I can never find them in the size that I want!)

Just be aware of the condition of the inside of your tires. Do what gloryaccordy said and rotate them frequently, and while doing so be sure to inspect the inner edges. I've seen tires that looked brand new on the outside, and in the middle... but were completely bald on the inside. If the part that is the primary contact area goes bald, the tires are bald... doesn't matter how much tread is left elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Any negative camber will still cause wear, but how much wear is relative to how much negative camber.

A lowered car with camber corrected to 0 degrees will usually have the upper control arms hitting the fenderwell... aside from modifying the fenderwell to prevent that, another option is to run -1 degree of camber. The wear with that much negative camber is minimal.
          Another option, probably outside the scope of this thread, is to run Prelude knuckles. At this height I had -1.0 deg camber at all 4 corners (somewhere around a 14" fender to wheel center height)

4th gen and 5th gen knuckles are the same shit, just different hubs for 4 & 5 lug. Worth the brake upgrade too. Plus you can even go a little negative w/a camber kit + get some more UCA room

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You're going to have about -1.5 up front with that drop......enough to prematurely wear out your tires but not drastically.....you'll probably get 80% of having perfect camber.

I suggest the ingalls/spc low-profile upper ball joint kit that can be found from summitracing for a really good price.

Deev: The front upper is barely more than a snug fit and pops out with a couple hammer hits. It is not at all dangerous to pop out and back in, maybe on other cars but not ours. The SPC kit is a very simple install and, again, is a just-snug fit into the oem arm.

I suggest against the anchor-bolt style kits because they are much more likely to cause the control arm to hit the inner fender than the spc ball joint kit.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

There is only three things that i love to do in life, play black ops on xbox360, fix my car, and go on this website!

Comment

Where does driving your car comes in?

I am doing some more research about camber kits and am getting better understanding. I need save up more moola so I will be able to do it right.
                A&P-IA

Comment

I was doing price search for bushings and found that Prothane kit is twice the price of Energy Suspensions'. What are pros and cons on both? Would Prothane last longer, more miles?

What's your opinion?
                  A&P-IA

Comment

with a Progress Anchor type camber kit and being lowered 2.5-3" on Ground Controls, I have 1.2 deg. of negative camber. I get about 30k per set of tires (ZR rated 17s). Usually get an alignment once a year and thats about it.

I've never hit my upper control arm on the fender at all.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by charles.scarlet View Post
                      There is only three things that i love to do in life, play black ops on xbox360, fix my car, and go on this website!
                      And posts like that will quickly get you banned from this site.

You have been warned before.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        with a Progress Anchor type camber kit and being lowered 2.5-3" on Ground Controls, I have 1.2 deg. of negative camber. I get about 30k per set of tires (ZR rated 17s). Usually get an alignment once a year and thats about it.

I've never hit my upper control arm on the fender at all.
                        Yeah, the anchor bolt kits are ok for that much negative camber, but much closer to 0.0 and you'd be hitting guaranteed.

For those looking to run -0.5 or less camber, you'll need the low-profile ball joint kit by spc to avoid hitting the inner fender.

Personally, I'm running -0.9 front and -0.5 in back. Enough to improve handling noticeable while not significantly lowering tread life.

What I don't like about the anchor bolt kits is when adjusting camber, it's possible to screw up caster if you pull one anchor out further than the other....gotta be very careful and most alignment techs aren't going to think about this. Just be sure and get a printout.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                          Yeah, the anchor bolt kits are ok for that much negative camber, but much closer to 0.0 and you'd be hitting guaranteed.

For those looking to run -0.5 or less camber, you'll need the low-profile ball joint kit by spc to avoid hitting the inner fender.

Personally, I'm running -0.9 front and -0.5 in back. Enough to improve handling noticeable while not significantly lowering tread life.

What I don't like about the anchor bolt kits is when adjusting camber, it's possible to screw up caster if you pull one anchor out further than the other....gotta be very careful and most alignment techs aren't going to think about this. Just be sure and get a printout.
                          mine are fixed. They've got two settings you can thread the stud through for the upper control arm nut that secures it to the shock tunnel, so that eliminates the possibility of adjusting one too much or too little. I put mine in the farthest hole out so it would correct camber the greatest. Ideally, you'd prob. want max of 1 degree, but 1.2 isn't bad. I think I paid 175 for front and rear kits when I got my car lowered, cool part is they came with the Poly bushings so that eliminated the need in buying those separately. I think the balljoint kits are somewhere in that pricerange right?

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            mine are fixed. They've got two settings you can thread the stud through for the upper control arm nut that secures it to the shock tunnel, so that eliminates the possibility of adjusting one too much or too little. I put mine in the farthest hole out so it would correct camber the greatest. Ideally, you'd prob. want max of 1 degree, but 1.2 isn't bad. I think I paid 175 for front and rear kits when I got my car lowered, cool part is they came with the Poly bushings so that eliminated the need in buying those separately. I think the balljoint kits are somewhere in that pricerange right?
                            Where did you find a kit like that?
                            A&P-IA

Comment

I don't know that having one link different from the other would change caster. That would rotate the UCA, but not necessarily tilt it more or less along the axis of the wheel.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                                Where did you find a kit like that?
                                I got my car lowered at a local performance shop, SRD, here in AZ. But if you search for Progress camber kit online I'm sure you'll find it.

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X