CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 03-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
IntensePressure
CB7tuner Member

IntensePressure may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via AIM to IntensePressure Send a message via MSN to IntensePressure
f22a1 ecu swap

i was in class watching my friend work on his teg...
my other friend that was helping out and we started talking about my our hondas and he said i should put think about swap a different ecu into my car he suggested a p28 ecu which i think is a type r ecu... i was wondering if you guys can give me some suggestion on what ecus are good for my car.

p.s. my friend was telling me swaping in the type r ecu also allows me to rev up to 9k and here at my school i can get it chipped and programmed on a dyno for free
IntensePressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
cb7_07
CB7tuner Member

cb7_07 may have said something they shouldn't have...
i doubt you can get a free dyno unless you are close with the shop.

as for the ecu, it depends on what you're gonna do with your car.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
IntensePressure
CB7tuner Member

Send a message via AIM to IntensePressure Send a message via MSN to IntensePressure
i go to wyotech if you ever heard of it [not to be rude]. but im goin to highperformance and powertrains and we have a dyno there and we are allowed to use it and out teacher help us tune our stuff and if im right we get deals with with hondata here... but yea we do get free dyno runs as students

oh and im planning on slowly building my car with stock parts such as taking a intake manifold from a h23 and and a different ecu from a different car. im tryin to get as mch power out of it with out force induction while im here at school.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
sulimed
CB7tuner Member

sulimed is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntensePressure View Post
i go to wyotech if you ever heard of it [not to be rude]. but im goin to highperformance and powertrains and we have a dyno there and we are allowed to use it and out teacher help us tune our stuff and if im right we get deals with with hondata here... but yea we do get free dyno runs as students

oh and im planning on slowly building my car with stock parts such as taking a intake manifold from a h23 and and a different ecu from a different car. im tryin to get as mch power out of it with out force induction while im here at school.
p12 or if you get a cam from a a6 and use you h23 IM get pt6.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
IntensePressure
CB7tuner Member

nice. by the way what year accord does the a6 come in?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
SinCityCB702
CB7tuner Member

SinCityCB702 is cool... so far.
on average what gains to u get with the a6 cam h23 IM? i have an a4
Old 03-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Ok, you go to school... so that tells me that you should understand the concept of research. Clearly, you don't... so perhaps you should learn.

A bone stock (or slightly modified) F22A1 can benefit from a P12 ECU from a 92-95 Prelude S (which also has an F22A1, but the ECU has a more aggressive tune, giving an extra 10hp or so.)

A p28 is not a "type R" ecu of any kind. If you took the 15 seconds to type "P28 ECU" into Google, you'd know that. The P28 came from the 92-95 Civc EX. It is for a VTEC engine, which you do not have. The P06 is the ECU from the lower model Civics of the same year range, and is often used with the non-VTEC F and H motors.
These cannot be used in stock form without seriously damaging your engine! It would need to be modified ("chipped") and tuned specifically for your engine.

My advice: don't bother looking for an ECU upgrade until you do much more to your motor. There are more gains to be had, with far less risk, in other areas.

Oh, and revving to 9k? Yeah, do you WANT to put a rod through your block?
Stop listening to your friend and learn a thing or two on your own. If your friend knows what he's doing, he sure as hell isn't communicating it properly to you!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
DariuszZ
CB7tuner Member

DariuszZ is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to DariuszZ
haha i was going to ask this same thing! 9K? Sure man, you can go up to 12k. Will you hit 12k? No. Will you rev to 9k? No. You think this is a rotary engine? Good luck. Leave it be haha

DariuszZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
A fully built F22A could rev to 9k... but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a stock one even to the stock redline!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
IntensePressure
CB7tuner Member

:/ hmmm i guess ill just stay away this ecu swap for now sigh... i guess i had the wrong info well i keep looking into stuff.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Do research. The FIRST thing I will tell you is to take everything your friend says with a grain of salt... as in, don't assume it's true. Take what he says and research it. Understand it until you can prove him right, or prove him wrong. It will keep you from damaging your car, and it will keep people on forums from talking to you like you're an idiot because everything you say begins with "my friend said"... followed by some senseless bullcrap.

If you want an easy answer, sulimed pretty much laid it out for you.
If you want to know where to find those things, Google is your friend.

Tags
ecu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: