Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Welcome to the Beginner Forums! (Also known as "Why am I here!")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Did you buy Steve's old black CB7, or did you get one of your own?
    If anyone touched his car they would be buried in his backyard, alive.

I've been nagging for a Winter Vehicle, and he always sent me links to CB7s, so finally we went out and purchased one for 200 (Guy asked 1200). The front window is finished, and the wire harness in the car was finished.

We stopped trying to make our own "harness" and purchased one for 150$. In the fuse panel many of the lower amperage fuses we're replaced with 25A Fuses, so definately there was some over-current issues.

We will get the motor fired up once we get the harness, and take it from there. It is already on the ground with Neuspeed Sports, so there might be some fun come the spring time, and using this vehicle as a lapping car. Frame is in excellent condition, some minor exterior rust on the trunk, and wheel wells on the fenders... but hey, it's for winter.

I bring to this board a background in Electronics and Audio expertise... so look for most of my postings in that section of the board.
    Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
    Kevin 'Fuzz' G
    Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
    92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
    I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

1st post

not much into cars, my boy gots this thing goin on that he wanted me to check out ...got nothing to do with cars, only rap battles.

Comment

question to the administrator

i'm sorry but i'm not much into cars...Is there any way of getting thru to the rap battles cypher without all the posting?

Comment

Originally posted by the_1_U_want
          i'm sorry but i'm not much into cars...Is there any way of getting thru to the rap battles cypher without all the posting?
          You can still look. You just wont be able to post... There is no way around the 30 posts that I am aware of... Beginner Off Topic, Image Gallery, and Animal Fourm posts do not count towards your 30 posts... Later

Comment

Interesting concept on the 30 post. It has its pros and cons (so what doesn't). Just out of curiosity does it affect bandwidth, space capacity, resource, etc to have countless posts about intake then just one thread/sticky (as an example)?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
              Interesting concept on the 30 post. It has its pros and cons (so what doesn't). Just out of curiosity does it affect bandwidth, space capacity, resource, etc to have countless posts about intake then just one thread/sticky (as an example)?
              Honestly, I'd rather have 100 threads about intakes that all have answers, than have 50 threads by brand new members in the regular forums that have nothing but flaming for replies. It's worth the bandwidth if someone can search and find an answer. I HATE searching for something and finding 10 threads, one with a useless answer and 9 that say nothing but "serach, noob!"

Plus, we try to keep an eye out for obviously "get to 30" questions. I'm sure some get by, probably too many... but hell, having multiple answers can never hurt! Sometimes a different approach is what someone needs to understand!

Also, NOBODY reads the sticky threads (an ironic statement in this thread, I know... )

As for the question about the rap battles, why not start your own thread here in the Beginner Off Topic? The regular members come in here often, so it's really just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                Honestly, I'd rather have 100 threads about intakes that all have answers, than have 50 threads by brand new members in the regular forums that have nothing but flaming for replies. It's worth the bandwidth if someone can search and find an answer. I HATE searching for something and finding 10 threads, one with a useless answer and 9 that say nothing but "serach, noob!"

Plus, we try to keep an eye out for obviously "get to 30" questions. I'm sure some get by, probably too many... but hell, having multiple answers can never hurt! Sometimes a different approach is what someone needs to understand!

Also, NOBODY reads the sticky threads (an ironic statement in this thread, I know... )

As for the question about the rap battles, why not start your own thread here in the Beginner Off Topic? The regular members come in here often, so it's really just as good.
                Hm.....beginners post a question on xxxxx and gets a simple answer but on another thread in the 30+ post forum there could be updates/short cuts to the procedure found via searching. I feel like the members in the beginning sections are being spoon-fed. Sure they may get the answer but would they understand the concept behind that part? Sorta like someone asking how much power would an intake gain but doesn't learn about the power band, the differences between CAI and SRI, filter, pipe sizing, goals. Maybe that's too much for a newbie to absorb but for me atlease I would rather learn of how a part work then to be told to get this or that part. Don't get me wrong, the beginniner section is good, any questions can be asked...even the members with 500+ post post in that section. But since you have more experience then me running this forum and its doing well, continue the good job.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                  Hm.....beginners post a question on xxxxx and gets a simple answer but on another thread in the 30+ post forum there could be updates/short cuts to the procedure found via searching. I feel like the members in the beginning sections are being spoon-fed. Sure they may get the answer but would they understand the concept behind that part?
                  I, as a newcomer would like to make an observation..... there will always be people who want to be spoonfed. And there will always be people who want to understand the underlying principle. Being a newcomer or not doesnt really distinguish one from the other. Sure, to a degree it helps, but it is not a sure test. I've seen guys with less posts than me (which is hard, cuz I have very few posts) demonstrate a great deal of knowledge and understanding....some of whom have already done a lot of work on their cars before joining this site.

I've also seen a couple of guys with 1000+ posts ask completely dumass questions that most people who don't even work on their own car could answer, and the answer to which could be found extremely easily using the excellent search tool this site has. And these guys are cocky as hell too, I've oberved them posting like they know everything, and giving lip to obviously more knowledgeable guys like cp mike, uncle el, owequitit, and other experienced moderators. A little humility does wonders on a site like this.

I just think that categorizing all the beginners as spoonfeeders is a little unfair....besides, time will tell. There is no way a poster could build a turbo setup or drop in a new engine by himself being spoonfed, there's just too much involved for someone who really doesnt understand the principles to accomplish it. The people who want to be fed an answer will only get so far, then they'll either change their attitude, or stop visiting the site. Sorry for the longish post.
                  1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

I agree with the spoonfeeding... sadly, that is sort of promoted here. However, beginners often NEED to be spoonfed to start. They have 30 posts here to have info handed to them. Then they go out into the real forums and are expected to know how to search, and how to think for themselves. I've noticed that the members with more than 30 posts who ask to be spoon fed in the beginner forums often go with thier quesitons unanswered.

Some people NEED that extra push. Some kid with a bone stock car may be clueless as to how to install something as simple as an intake. He asks, we tell him, he does it... next thing you know, he's gotten his hands dirty. With any luck, his next question will be "Ok, I'm in the middle of my next project and I don't understand how this thing works"... Now he's comfortable to start wrenching on his own. Some people need their hand held a little!

Is it good? Not always. But those that expect us to build their cars for them over the internet will move on soon enough anyway. Those that already know more than the standard beginner can get out of the forums by helping others. Yet another thing people need to learn about how this site works... I'll be damned if it's going to be like 3geez or honda-tech, where all the knowledgable people keep to themselves, excpet when they want to make a noob feel like an ass.

Comment

thanks try to get these 30 done quick like but where can i get some decals of cb7 and no i'm not a sticker freak
                      [COLOR=Red]Life Is Way To Short To Drive Stock[/COLOR] IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x183/accord69/passedbyanaccord.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

PM Deev. Later

Comment

Like the forums so far, and the 30 post is not a bad idea at all!
                          2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
                          1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad someone with less than 30 agrees!

Comment

i cant post on forced induction!~ why???

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

how can i post in other sections???

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X