Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

free air subwoofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free air subwoofers

anyone using them? would love to see some pictures of your setup if you got them. i need the trunk space for baby stroller. of course i do not bump the system when the kids are in the car so please dont critisize
    (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Its been a long ass time since I've even heard of anybody using free air subs. I suppose u would have to use your rear deck to hold the speakers, therefore using the trunk as a box. Or u could mount them to a board or something and put them up against the rear seat. What size speakers are u talking about?

Comment

Id tuck some 8" subs somewhere...i guessing its an sadan...you could build an box in the sides of the trunk...in the wheel well...even build an box and bolt it up to your rear deck...all of those options leave room for baby stroller and extras...free air isnt really pratical unless you doing it in an truck or something....
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

i had 2 pioneer 12's free air in my 86 accord. used the truck as the box. wish i had pics, it be easier to describe haha. but the face of the subs were facing the back of the rear seat. and the board that they were mounted to was just to the inside of the truck. sounded great with the truck nicely sealed and closed.

hope that makes since. i'm f'n tired...
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

ya freeair was mad old school. as for size probably 8s.
          (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Old school man! Use your trunk as a box. You should get 2 tens. I haven't heard of anyone using them lately though.
            cb7sk8rdude

Comment

U gotta seal the shit out of your trunk. Easier to just build a custom fiberglass box TBTH. 2cf sealed for 1 15, you'd be fucking set.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

15yikes i had 2 15" kicker comp vr back in the day in my caddy and that box was huge. but man did that thing boom. i gotta keep it small thats why curious on freeairs.

Comment

you could always use your spare tire wheel well for an enclosure if you dont carry a spare or dont need one ....

http://www.amazon.com/12-Subwoofer-S.../dp/B000CQEIP0

keep all the room for your stroller.

Or get a roof rack and something to keep the stroller dry when riding on the roof ...

or consider narrow truck boxes that can take up minimal room in your trunk.

There really are alot of different options for you.

Keep in mind though .... how long do you plan on keeping your CB? How long are you going to need a stroller for your kid/kids? Do you really want to hack up your rear deck?

if you really want to do the free air subs though your best bet will probably be to re enforce the rear deck and put you a single 10 between the rear mids or 2 10s in place of the rear mids. Keep in mind you are going to want to go with a narrow and light sub that could easily have been used in a truck box also. Once upon a time I considered free air subs but I am mostly deaf and i need a deep solid bass so I went with enclosures.

Well good luck in whatever you decide to do .... keep us posted.

Comment

It's not hard to throw a slab of wood in the trunk and seal it up. The proper term is infinite baffle (IB). You can get away with a max of 2 15's between the wheel wells. You have to make sure you get subs that have a large qts or subs built for sealed boxes. You can't throw a lot of power to IB subs. The lack of a box makes them very efficient and able to reach mechanical limits very easily.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

this is my 3rd cb, i owned a jeep for two years just recently what a mistake i couldnt even drive it always had problems.......not like a honda thats why i came back. (Mark you were right) lol. my kids are 7months and 2years so stroller would be for a bit. maybe ill just throw in a couple of sas tubes and call it a day.

Comment

Working...
                      X