Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Audi A4 projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi A4 projectors

i have a pair of these projectors for some time now " hording " im trying to find a good diy with pictures before i tackle this does anyone have pics of your cut out and install. thanks
    (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

As far as I know, there's only one person on here with Audi projectors... and that would be me. Unfortunately, I bought my JDM one-piece lights with them already installed, and they were done professionally by HID Tech in NY.

Honestly, just about any DIY that shows a projector retrofit should work. It's all essentially the same.

Comment

when you cut....start with small holes....always easier to cut more than to try and add material back on....test fit often....and when you seal everything bck up...make sure its sealed real well...otherwise the headlights will fog up.

but like deev said....the tsx diy on here will more than help you....a retro is a retro....doesnt matter what projectors are used

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

ya you both are right, i just like seeing pictures as a go and those arent coming up "56K". but like the king says small holes and work your way. Dev since you also run audi's can i get a close up picture of what style shield covered the projector because i have to purchase those, mine are wide open were the two meet, i hope you understand what i mean.
        (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

sometimes i dont understand the purpose of projectors on our old cars, does look good. but original parts never came with projectors. would love to see the fab work though

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            As far as I know, there's only one person on here with Audi projectors... and that would be me. Unfortunately, I bought my JDM one-piece lights with them already installed, and they were done professionally by HID Tech in NY.

Honestly, just about any DIY that shows a projector retrofit should work. It's all essentially the same.

Got any pictures I would like to see what ur talking about

Comment

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
              sometimes i dont understand the purpose of projectors on our old cars, does look good. but original parts never came with projectors. would love to see the fab work though
              If you want HIDs on your car, it's pretty much necessary to use projectors to have a proper cutoff, as well as to not blind other drivers. There's no need to have projectors with standard halogen lights, though.

Originally posted by markie4201 View Post
              Got any pictures I would like to see what ur talking about

That's the best picture I have. There was one that was straight on, but I didn't take it, and I don't remember who did.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                If you want HIDs on your car, it's pretty much necessary to use projectors to have a proper cutoff, as well as to not blind other drivers. There's no need to have projectors with standard halogen lights, though.

That's the best picture I have. There was one that was straight on, but I didn't take it, and I don't remember who did.

Sick! I would have never though of that am amazed what u can do with a CB7! & u know were to find the color code inside the car? Cuz I got the same color as u

Comment

That's a custom job, but the original color is Phantom Gray. The color code is on the driver's side doorjamb.
                  But, we are getting far off topic. Let's keep this thread on topic, shall we?

Comment

I think the paint code is in the door sill or maybe on inside of the drivers door when you open the door. If I am not mistaken, I think deev's car is phantom grey pearl. The code is np561 I think. My car is the same color. It is a amazing color.
                    Oops. I was replying at the same time.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Working...
                    X