Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

installing motor/tranny mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing motor/tranny mount

hey everyone ive searched and i cant find it, my question is on my 93 accord ex automatic i have to replace the left and right side mounts, do i have to cradle the engine from underneth with a jack in order to take these out or just get in there and unbolt to remove. thanks
    (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

just put a jack under the engine to hold it up. then take the mount of you might have to mess with it a little but it works ive done it

Comment

nice nice im glad i asked first. ive been putting it off for weeks. thanks
      (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

make sure use a block of wood b/w the engine and the jack so u wont damage the oil pan

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...85#post2984985

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyPhresh89 View Post
          make sure use a block of wood b/w the engine and the jack so u wont damage the oil pan
          what he said. Also only do one side at a time, it may take a little longer but less weight on the remaining mounts.

Comment

thanks for the advise guys. will do

Comment

I'm glad someone mentioned padding the jack! You would end up with a hole in your oil pan otherwise.

And yes, one mount at a time. The front mount isn't a load-bearing mount, so you'd really just be putting ALL the engine's weight on the rear mount. Not good!

Comment

this is why i kept putting it off (lack of knowledge on install). ive already done the front torque mount very easy, im also merging in this weekend the oil filter cooler oring, mine is dripping. but hey its a honda and you can mostly work and drive it at the same time not like my last vehicle JEEP YUK. lol

Comment

be careful with the jack, I would recommend you to use a jake stand, so the load won't be on your jack, remember they DO break or lose height, safety first, it happened to me, not funny though.
                  Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Working...
                  X