Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motor revs up to 5000 rpm on cold start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor revs up to 5000 rpm on cold start

So I recently replaced my transmission on a f22a1. Before i replaced the transmission everything in the car was working perfectly fine. After I put the transmission in it started to act up. When I start my car up it goes straight to 4,000 rpms and then back to normal idle then revs backs up to 4,000 rpms. I have checked the Tps on the car also the Map sensor anything that had to do with the airflow on the car. The computer also isn't throwing out any codes I have no clue what cause this.

Your fitv is screwed. Replace it and bleed the coolant
    visit vgruk

Comment

Try bleeding the coolant first. It does sound like the FITV, but you might not need to replace it.
      It lets in air based off of the coolant temperature, and if you have no coolant it will malfunction.
      Next, follow the guides on here for fixing your FITV.
      You pretty much need to open the top of it (via phillips head screws) and turn the white
      piece of plastic down all the way, then back it off 1/4 of a turn.

There's lots of other things it could be. There is an extensive DIY on here written by HondaFan. Look up that too.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Thanks guys I bleed the coolant and it now just revs up to 5k rpms and stays there I bought a new iacv and a fiacv hopefully it works

Comment

Revving up to 5k sounds like you should look for a vacuum leak.... May have forgotten a vacuum hose or maybe cracked one while doing the swap.

Aside from the TPS & MAP there is also the intake air control (IAC), Fast idle thermal (FIT) and Air boost (AB) valves that also have to do with air flow. Any one of these three could be leaking, out of adjustment or just not working.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I'm willing to bet you over tightened the kick down cable and its holding the throttle open slightly.

Comment

Do you have a vacuum gauge? Also try a little brake cleaner around the engine bay and listen for idle changes before you go spending money

Comment

Just changed the iacv and fiacv the motor wants to idle at normal rpms but still goes up to 3 rpm and back to idle speed and I don't here any vacuum leak

Comment

Originally posted by Cb76Life View Post
                  Just changed the iacv and fiacv the motor wants to idle at normal rpms but still goes up to 3 rpm and back to idle speed and I don't here any vacuum leak
                  Did you try spraying anything to find a leak? Sometimes they are really faint and you cant hear them unless you use something like starting fluid to change the idle and find them.

Comment

same thing happen to my buddy when he was deleting his cruise control check the throttle cable honestly its prolly to tight
                    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96086673_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X